3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Azmodeus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I am pretty well versed In PC building building.

My PC has been rock solid up to about three days ago...

I have to build a new one after the holidays. Got me to wondering, how convenient I need to drop 1200 bucks or more right here at the holidays.

Normally I would fix it fully but I'm busy right now. I don't have tons of cash either.

Anyone else having issues on thier pcs?

#2 3 years ago

Try reseating J114?

Seriously tho, most likely it's a heat issue. Make sure all your fans are turning freely and aren't all dusty and choked up.

#3 3 years ago

Sounds like a power/power supply issue.

#4 3 years ago

https://thehackernews.com/2017/12/windows-update-malware-protection.html?m=1

Serious problems all over.

Still dealing with PC issues. It's like I want to.

Just not right now. Ho Ho ho.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

https://thehackernews.com/2017/12/windows-update-malware-protection.html?m=1
    Serious problems all over.
    Still dealing with PC issues. It's like I want to.
    Just not right now. Ho Ho ho.

Depending on the age of your PC a new one may be called for but never underestimate the value of a clean OS install. Format everything and start over. Obviously save your docs and your other unique files. I do this once every 2-3 years. I don’t have malware but crap I instal over the years (even being careful with startup applications and stuff) seems to make windows run slower.

My PC is 9 years old. Other than doubling ram and changing video card a year back I haven’t done much to it and I’m hoping to make it 1 more year.

#6 3 years ago

My computer has al

#7 3 years ago

its just a fuse?

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Depending on the age of your PC a new one may be called for but never underestimate the value of a clean OS install. Format everything and start over. Obviously save your docs and your other unique files. I do this once every 2-3 years. I don’t have malware but crap I instal over the years (even being careful with startup applications and stuff) seems to make windows run slower.
    My PC is 9 years old. Other than doubling ram and changing video card a year back I haven’t done much to it and I’m hoping to make it 1 more year.

Good call on fresh install. I need to just do that before I do anything else.

I will. But after Christmas.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside