(Topic ID: 328584)

My Own Godzilla Tesla Towers & Ball Mod: OPINIONS?

By deafdumbkid

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by John_C
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5772 (resized).JPG
IMG_5773 (resized).JPG
IMG_5765 (resized).JPG
IMG_5771 (resized).JPG
IMG_5755 (resized).JPG
#1 1 year ago

wanted to try my own towers, as a modeler in N scale I have always loved Kato Electrical Towers, granted they needed to be trimmed a tad but no big deal, think they are more detailed than other towers, AND I used a 3" tesla ball that was surprisingly easy to install, lead goes up back of playfield into backbox and the usb in mpu, LOVE the look of actual moving/pulsing voltage on the playfield, glued a black foam square on bottom to raise it up so loop balls dont strike it at times. Towers attached using small zip ties. Thoughts? If any interest I could do an easy vid.

Lee in NC

Owner, Godzilla Premium, Black Hole, Firepower, Flight 2000, Triple Strike, 2001

IMG_5755 (resized).JPGIMG_5755 (resized).JPGIMG_5765 (resized).JPGIMG_5765 (resized).JPGIMG_5771 (resized).JPGIMG_5771 (resized).JPGIMG_5772 (resized).JPGIMG_5772 (resized).JPGIMG_5773 (resized).JPGIMG_5773 (resized).JPG
#2 1 year ago

I think your towers look nice but not a fan of the ball.

#3 1 year ago

I think the ball is too big. The towers are very cool. How about stringing wires between the towers?? Flashing lights on the towers would also be good.

#4 1 year ago

Towers look real good - might be worth repairing to a more standard black/grey color. Plasma ball is a good idea but it’s too bulky. You can remove the base and create a much smaller one which is mountable and disappears in the game. Also note that those do eventually gas out and you’ll have to replace it.

#5 1 year ago

Thanks everybody, and you are right, I yanked the tesla ball IF I get time I may try and take the base off and see what I can do, as I do like the idea, however GI lighting pulls from the effect. I may also try to add an led at the top of each tower and tie in with the blinker as with the diddy mod, I just like the detail here so much better. Sticking with the 2 red and white, as they are quite common in Godzilla movies

Also, may add one more tower behind godzilla, standard silver

#6 1 year ago

If the base can be removed, I wonder how that plasma ball might look as a topper for the pop bumper?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-own-godzilla-tesla-towers-amp-ball-mod-opinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.