Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2013-06-30_20.25.02.jpg
2013-06-30_20.03.37.jpg
IMG_1616.JPG
IMG_1617.JPG
IMG_1601.JPG

#1 10 years ago

Several months into the restoration I decided to try a picture, someone had painted the cabinet silver and black so this is the paint scheme as it stands at this time. I think the colors fit the time. I want go into the electrical and mechanical problems this machine had but most of that is behind me.
Someone asked for a picture, so this is Williams Casanova from around early 1967 or late 1966.

IMG_1601.JPGIMG_1601.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Looks like you've done some work cleaning it up so far. Do you need a back glass or is it just out of the game right now?There was a guy on RGP that apparently redid the artwork and had the files to make a translite. It was way back in 2007 but maybe he can still be contacted about it.
Alex

#3 10 years ago

The back glass is out of the game with that picture, I was doing the bulb thing which takes a lot of time as most of you know.
Ill take a picture with the back glass in soon. Im spraying a thin clear coat finish now and will spray another tonight.

Rodney

#4 10 years ago

Ok this is a picture of the back glass in place, it apears to be in good condition, I may dust/ clean it off a little and do a light clear coat when the humidity is down below 30 percent.
This machine was retired and set in a garage a long time ago with defects, and showed 8800 games. I wasnt lucky enough to find a game in my area so I had to drive a good ways to pick it up and paid $525.00 plus the gas. Anyway if I have $750.00 in this machine when im finished thats OK with me. I really enjoy an electrical mechanical class and one of these will put you right in the middle of one. Im not sure why this machine had many bad green looking solder joints but im sure oxidation took its tole.

#5 10 years ago

The picture.

IMG_1617.JPGIMG_1617.JPG

#6 10 years ago

One more.

IMG_1616.JPGIMG_1616.JPG

#7 10 years ago

that's a neat looking table! interesting project

cheers, Ron

#8 10 years ago

Love the back glass on this game.

Thanks for sharing

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Love the back glass on this game.
Thanks for sharing

Agreed, very nice

#10 10 years ago

Wow, that backglass looks to be in great shape. Backglass animation is always a bonus. I do have to ask though is that Little Mermaid in the bagatelle?
Alex

#11 10 years ago

In the bagatelle on the backboard thats a Walt Disney princess charater that I purchased from Wall Mart. The better ones that will last a long time.
I thought she went good with this game since its mostly a story abought romance and love in France I think, from the 1700`s. Casanova was the man.
I`m in the process of clear coat on the playfield with most items removed and gently sanding with 600 grit wet dry automotive sand paper. Over all the playfield is in B+ condition the way it is. Another one of the problems with this game(among others) was a factory solder joint that ran over and sometimes would touch the next one esp. when you had a little vibration, all those problems have been corrected.

Rodney

#12 10 years ago

Nice machine.

Im starting in on a refurb on a Casanova this weekend

--Jeff

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Nice machine.
Im starting in on a refurb on a Casanova this weekend
--Jeff

I see your collection is getting bigger, Jeff

#14 10 years ago

I going to need to get a shed soon the way i am going

#15 10 years ago

Yep I went ahead and purchased the schematic, If I havent allready corrected the problem, I only have one minor problem left which I think is a switch acting up sometimes. Ill worry with that later.

Rodney

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Sorry, couldn't resist this one.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Jeff your new nick name is Two Sheds.

#19 10 years ago

Heres the one I just picked up to fix. Not in as good condition and the playfield is shredded.
Doa on arrival but now there are lights. (Stupid Game over relay)
--Jeff

2013-06-30_20.03.37.jpg2013-06-30_20.03.37.jpg 2013-06-30_20.25.02.jpg2013-06-30_20.25.02.jpg

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

playfield is shredded

I'll say. You can see right to the cabinet bottom!

#21 10 years ago

I didn't know they made an "invisi-playfield"

#23 10 years ago

Good luck with your Casanova.

Rodney,,

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-old-williams-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.