Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DCFAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Just got a pro last night dot out om DMD. Auto launches on every ball and is sometimes spitting out 2balls at start of ball. Hopefully Monday Stern can help me. No errors or stuck switches I am very confused.
    Talked with Trent for at least a half an hour tring to figure out what is going on.
    It came with code 1.3 but we tryed installing old code and still did not fix it. I really just want to enjoy this new game but I'm not very happy.

#2 11 years ago

That sucks. Sorry to hear. Stern tech support will get it right. But my advice is Check your connections on the trough opto boards.

#3 11 years ago

It just needs some basic tunning. This is all normal.

Dot being out on the DMD, ummm, it maybe on warenty?

#4 11 years ago

Thanks I will go to the basement and check. I hope it is something easy.

I was so excited to get the game now not so much.

#5 11 years ago

Be sure all your connectors are on tight, under playfield and in the head of the game.

The two small ball trough opto boards, reseat the connectors a couple times and see if things improve.

I'd reflow the solder on the optos and pins the connector plugs onto and be done with it, but since you just got it go through what they say.

LTG : )

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

Yea. Stern will send you a new one. It's fairly simple to replace. Just put a towel over the glass where you'll rest the backbox speakers. Take off two pin connectors. Unscrew the main screws (2 in each corner) to take the board and protector off in one piece. Then set it on a table face down and unscrew the board from the protector. Then replace the new dmd and put screws back in reverse order.

Be sure to send the old dmd back to stern or they'll charge your distributor.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

I'm not sure I'd call it normal, but it does happen from time to time. Bummer those first few games were not what you were expecting, but they will get fixed up, DMD and all. You can't expect perfection, but you can (and should) expect a fully working game. People may bash Stern, but they will fix your issues on the game.

#8 11 years ago

Swap optos with another game if you don't want to solder due to warranty

#9 11 years ago

Stern will replace a faulty DMD. Make sure the wires going to the trough optos are on tight or better yet take them off and reseat the connecters. Then put the machine in switch test mode and make sure all the trough switchs are working properly. Once you're in switch test mode you can also remove all the balls and let them roll back in from the playfield to see if the switches are working properly in operation. If you're not familiar with switch test mode let us know and we can walk you through it.

#10 11 years ago

I had a broken wire on mine out of the box. Before I figured it out, stern sent me to new trough opto boards. They will take care of you. Does suck, though. Run switch test as noted above, that will give you good info. The test will show six balls, just remember you only have four, I think the switches are 17, 18, 19 & 20.

#11 11 years ago

What I ment to say is...Its nothing to worry about. not...

Quoted from AbacusMan:It just needs some basic tunning. This is all normal.

#12 11 years ago

I am going to just call Stern on Monday I don't want to mess anything up.

#13 11 years ago

The DMD is covered under warranty. I already had that with mine and they sent me a new DMD within 5 or 6 days. I did not have any down time and just had to put the new one in the game.

For the auto-launch problem, make sure the connectors under the playfield near the ball trough are fully connected together.
    It also could be a solder problem at the trough optos, or the shooter lane switch make need to be adjusted.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-nib-avengers-pro-is-messed-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.