Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Nevus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What game”

• TRON 32 votes
      43%
    • WOZ 24 votes
      32%
    • Guardians of the galaxy LE 8 votes
      11%
    • Wait for MB remake 10 votes
      14%

(74 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys I have a few opportunities near me and think I may jump on one as they are all games I have really wanted. The prices on these are all relatively close with woz being most.

All 3 games are HUO and stock with super low plays (under 100) and TRON has less than 30. Personally leaning towards TRON, the guys asking a bit but I love daft punk and the TRON theme. Cheers!

#2 5 years ago

Tron is such a great game, its hard to find with such low plays...

#3 5 years ago

I vote Tron.

#4 5 years ago

Easily Tron.

#5 5 years ago

Fight for the users man.....Tron

#6 5 years ago

Tron at 30 plays! Jump on it!

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey guys I have a few opportunities near me and think I may jump on one as they are all games I have really wanted. The prices on these are all relatively close with woz being most.
    All 3 games are HUO and stock with super low plays (under 100) and TRON has less than 30. Personally leaning towards TRON, the guys asking a bit but I love daft punk and the TRON theme. Cheers!

Depending on price on the Tron you might want to wait a bit on that one. There is a reason so many people are selling their Tron pins right now.

#8 5 years ago

I have a Tron and a WoZ. If I was forced to part with one, it would be very, very hard to decide. Either one is a winner and a long-time keeper.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Depending on price on the Tron you might want to wait a bit on that one. There is a reason so many people are selling their Tron pins right now.

People have been saying that for years, and it meant the same thing back then as it does today. No VE confirmed, purely speculation.

#10 5 years ago

WOZ. Tron is fun but I don't think it's code is anywhere close to being as deep / unique as WOZ. WOZ also offers far more shot variety then Tron, has multiple interactive toys, and offers masterpiece quality code.

I would go with the game though that you enjoy the most.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

People have been saying that for years, and it meant the same thing back then as it does today. No VE confirmed, purely speculation.

Ok. I've got no skin in the game, so it doesn't matter to me. I suppose we'll see, but I personally would hold off until fall if I had to pay a premium price for one.

#12 5 years ago

Can u elaborate more on a reason to wait he is asking 7k with 30 plays on it seems pretty legit to me?

#13 5 years ago

Can u elaborate more on a reason to wait

He is assuming that Tron is going to be the next Stern Vault Edition and that the remake is on the way. His assumption is based partially on the fact that there has been an influx of Trons for sale as of late.

#14 5 years ago

If these are you only choices than TRON. But I would seriously consider and Iron Maiden too.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

He is assuming that Tron is going to be the next Stern Vault Edition and that the remake is on the way. His assumption is based partially on the fact that there has been an influx of Trons for sale as of late.

If Stern would like to profit from a lot of additional sales they should definitely release a TronVE.

#16 5 years ago

Can u elaborate more on a reason to wait he is asking 7k with 30 plays on it seems pretty legit to me?

Tron pro for 7k ,nope... don’t pay the kool aid tax .

#17 5 years ago

moto_cat ya more i think about it and look around thats a lot... it would need to be NIB and have mods with it

#18 5 years ago

I'd go WOZ - It really is an outstanding game if you can get past the theme. So much to do and it's nearly as brutal as TRON.

TRON, while great and fun, is pretty shallow. There's a strong consensus that a TRON Vault is coming but i doubt it'll be anytime soon. Probably next year at best....this is my guess and my opinion so take that for what it's worth

Speaking of WOZ; one thing to watch out for is the light board issue. If you get a 2.0 version you'll be fine. If you get a used non-2.0 version expect to pay extra $ long term even if the game you buy doesnt have issues at purchase date; doesn't mean it will or it wont, but you gotta keep that on the table. I also heard that JJP was working on a 2.0 conversion kit so that's promising.

#19 5 years ago

WOZ by far, speaking of the light the board issues. IMHO if you get the version 1.2 buffered boards or later you should be fine.

#20 5 years ago

In regards to WOZ as long as the game has 7.5v unbuffered or buffered boards the game is fine. Many owners of 7.5v unbuffered game's have never had an issue, including my own. I would just stay away from original 5v games unless the boards have been replaced to prevent an issue.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'd go WOZ - It really is an outstanding game if you can get past the theme.

I am actually one of those few that love the theme. As a kid the wizard of oz was one of my favorite movies and still is

#22 5 years ago

WOZ then Tron.

#23 5 years ago

I am actually one of those few that love the theme. As a kid the wizard of oz was one of my favorite movies and still is

Then you'll absolutely love it! the integration is top notch.

#24 5 years ago

I've owned Tron and still own WOZ. Tron was AWESOME, especially thematically and music wise, but got kind of old in a small collection. WoZ is still here and I still have MUCH to do. The ruleset goes so deep, that many modes are still really exciting since I don't do well enough to play them very often.

GOTG - not enough play time for me to judge.

My vote is WOZ!

#25 5 years ago

I think Tron would compliment your collection.

#26 5 years ago

I would also vote Tron (but not for 7k), then WOZ then something else over GOTG (which is so disappointing.... )

#27 5 years ago

I agree I want to love GOTG So bad, as I just love the movies and the theme... but man whenever I play it, just feels sooo shallow

#28 5 years ago

The more I think about it I have always wanted a WOZ and there is one near me. It’s a Ruby red with less than 200 plays. No mods what’s a fair price? I was thinking 8500?

#29 5 years ago

I have WOZ and honestly it is the one game I can’t get into. I won’t sell it because my dad and I waited almost 3 years to get it. But if I didn’t have that attachment it would be gone.
    TRON is awesome. I have an LE and it is never leaving.
    I want a guardians too but I can’t justify it in its current state.

Other games I would consider that are awesome are TWD, LOTR and Stern ST. I actually had to sell my LOTR when I bought our new boat but I bought back CQ one as soon as I could. Also it helps it is my wife’s favorite game.

#30 5 years ago

I’ve owned all three titles. If you are open to possibly moving on in the future, it doesn’t really matter. Get the one you like best. Try not to overpay so you won’t be stuck with it win you are ready to move on. Unless, you don’t mind taking a loss for the price of having it for a while. I think of it like rent.

I’m not buying from your perspective, but $8500 doesn’t seem like a good deal for my personal tastes. That's not a criticism of you or the seller. I just prefer used with more plays and lower prices.

WOZ and Tron totally capture the feel of the movies. The play styles could not be more different. They would actually compliment each other well in a small collection. GOTG is really enjoyable with the Cleland code adding much needed musical tracks.

Best of luck!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-next-game-tron-woz-gotg-le?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.