You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1508f1ac0cd42cfbf6fc8acf0f8147cb.jpg
photo 2 (20)-828.JPG
photo (30).JPG
#1 9 years ago

Found this beauty on Craigslist today. The seller wanted $50 for it and said that they accidently dropped the machine and it no longer worked (but the glass was all okay). I told him I would give him $100 if he would hold it for about 3 hours. When I got there he said his phone was ringing "off the hook" with buyers. Best part - I got it home, plugged it in and it fired right up.

photo (30).JPGphoto (30).JPG
#2 9 years ago

Nice....

#3 9 years ago

I was in line for this one. Congrats on the great buy!

#4 9 years ago

I think we were all in line...

#5 9 years ago

Waiting for me to be a no-show?

#6 9 years ago

Great Score!

#7 9 years ago

Nice score. Right in my backyard too. Congrats!

#8 9 years ago

I check CL every day and I missed this? But, congrats lol.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I check CL every day and I missed this? But, congrats lol.

I got lucky! It was only posted for 24 minutes when I saw it.

#10 9 years ago

Nice...Xmas came early for you my friend ....

#11 9 years ago

You have got to be kidding, that's not a nice find it's a FANTASTIC find.

#12 9 years ago

Thanks guys! The weird thing is I decided yesterday that I was going to find a way to trade my two em machines for a pin that had a 3 ball multi. (I even had a C/L listing) and the Space Station just fell in my lap. I sold both of my em pins (at a loss, so 2 other people got good pin deals today also)
When they dropped the machine, the batteries fell out and I guess that stopped it from booting. It is going to need a new holder and new rubber. I am so stoked

2 weeks later
#13 9 years ago

For my b-day the family ordered me a box of parts (rubber, battery holder, new balls, and bulbs) Today I got to spend 5 uninterrupted hours with my son going through the playfield.
Now it is fast and shiny

photo 2 (20)-828.JPGphoto 2 (20)-828.JPG

#14 9 years ago

Great game! And one that will compel you to learn the skill of drop catches.

#15 9 years ago

I think he perfected the drop catch about "2 weeks, 4 days ago".

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Daddy-o:

The seller wanted $50 for it and said that they accidently dropped the machine and it no longer worked (but the glass was all okay). I told him I would give him $100 if he would hold it for about 3 hours. When I got there he said his phone was ringing "off the hook" with buyers.

Cool that U gave him and Xtra $ 50 to Hold it till U got there .. And Very Honest that the Seller didn't sell it out from Under U ,, The Mr Pinball PGB say's that ,,

1987 Space Station , 3800 Produced and it's Value is $ 1350.00 .... Great Score bro !!!

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Great game! And one that will compel you to learn the skill of drop catches.

Yea, we are working on them. It is really cool to see the ball stop dead in its tracks.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Cool that U gave him and Xtra $ 50 to Hold it till U got there .. And Very Honest that the Seller didn't sell it out from Under U ,, The Mr Pinball PGB say's that ,,
1987 Space Station , 3800 Produced and it's Value is $ 1350.00 .... Great Score bro !!!

The seller was a very nice retired school teacher. As for value, dollar wise is not as important as fun.

#19 9 years ago

Wow! Early Christmas present!

#20 9 years ago

Nice score, Dad... Dad... Daddy-O!!
1508f1ac0cd42cfbf6fc8acf0f8147cb.jpg1508f1ac0cd42cfbf6fc8acf0f8147cb.jpg

#21 9 years ago

Nice Find!!

#22 9 years ago

You are one lucky guy!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Nice score, Dad... Dad... Daddy-O!!

1508f1ac0cd42cfbf6fc8acf0f8147cb... 13 KB

Great movie! I thought it was really funny that he got to see that his mom had raging hormones and was a bit of a flirt. Nobody wants to believe their mom was like that.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Daddy-o:

I got lucky! It was only posted for 24 minutes when I saw it.

I guess you don't have the pinball douche-bots in your area scanning for posts. I can post a machine here and within 5 minutes asshats are e-mailing. Forget craigslist. Chances of getting lucky are pretty much zero here. If you want to trade your pinball machine for a stuffed giraffe though it's the place to go...

#25 9 years ago

Great sys11, always wanted one.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I guess you don't have the pinball douche-bots in your area scanning for posts. I can post a machine here and within 5 minutes asshats are e-mailing. Forget craigslist. Chances of getting lucky are pretty much zero here. If you want to trade your pinball machine for a stuffed giraffe though it's the place to go...

Oh yes we do! We have plenty of them.

and we have two people offering to trade oriental rugs, and two pounds of medical marijuana for pins as well!

#27 9 years ago

I have been scoring deals on Craiglist for a long time (not only pinballs). I have found that the secrets to scoring a deal on C/L are:

1-Decide what you are looking for and check the ads very frequently.

2-Keep cash on hand to make your purchase - so you can strike quick

3-Respond as soon as you see the ad. Don't wait til????

4-Commit - When I spot a great deal, I don't tell them that I want to come look at whatever they are selling. I tell them that I want it. I am going to buy it and not just look. And that I am on my way to buy it (if it is as described)

5- Sweeten the deal if needed.

6 Get the seller to commit to sell only to you.

7 Get there asap. I get calls all the time from "Joe Blows" that want me to hold it til - whenever and they will come look - ah SORRY - first here gets it unless someone else has committed to coming soon.

Well this has worked for me for decades and I have made some real scores. It probably helps that I work for myself and am driving my truck around all day.

#28 9 years ago

Lucky, I got a free JP that was dropped and it was pretty messed up but I got it all right as rain again. Great score.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Lucky, I got a free JP that was dropped and it was pretty messed up but I got it all right as rain again. Great score.

Cool! Mine was dropped and I cant even tell where. The glass does stick a bit sometimes though.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Daddy-o:

I have been scoring deals on Craiglist for a long time (not only pinballs). I have found that the secrets to scoring a deal on C/L are:
1-Decide what you are looking for and check the ads very frequently.
2-Keep cash on hand to make your purchase - so you can strike quick
3-Respond as soon as you see the ad. Don't wait til????
4-Commit - When I spot a great deal, I don't tell them that I want to come look at whatever they are selling. I tell them that I want it. I am going to buy it and not just look. And that I am on my way to buy it (if it is as described)
5- Sweeten the deal if needed.
6 Get the seller to commit to sell only to you.
7 Get there asap. I get calls all the time from "Joe Blows" that want me to hold it til - whenever and they will come look - ah SORRY - first here gets it unless someone else has committed to coming soon.
Well this has worked for me for decades and I have made some real scores. It probably helps that I work for myself and am driving my truck around all day.

In Canada, it's Kijiji for us (CL is there, but no one uses it for some reason). I do the same thing. Be able to get cash out asap, and leave in less than a minute.

People whine and cry about CL and Kijiji all the time, but it's easy to see the fake stuff, and man, like 75% of my stuff has come from there, and usually at very good deals. Great services that have assisted with pinball machine distribution like no other.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.