• Latest reply 10 years ago by SKILL_SHOT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Boards_UR_1.1.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hey. I am brand spankin' new to pinball ownership. Just bought me a Firepower 3 days ago, so now the fun begins, right?

Anyways, among the myriad of things I'm looking to fix and tinker with, the one I most need confirmation of is my soundboard. I get all the sound effects, none of the voice. By the looks of things, the soundboard I have is NOT what originally came with the machine. Curious to know if any out there might know what I've got (or how I can tell looking for myself), and if indeed I'm out of luck on vocals.

Thanks for any input you might offer. My first post here, inevitably it won't be my last!

Boards_UR_1.1.jpgBoards_UR_1.1.jpg

#2 10 years ago

yes you have the wrong sound board. That one is from older games like Pheonix, World Cup and such. The board you need is a twp piece board connected by a ribbon cable. The little board is the speech portion of the board and the bigger half is all the sound effects. If you have ever seen Defender video game sound board it is the same as the one your looking for but without the added speech half. If that makes sense to you. It shouldn't be to hard to find the correct sound for you game.

#3 10 years ago

Indeed not the original board and as pinballer1 noted the boards you need have is for the early system 6 games. The later double boards (sound and speech) you'll find in Black Out, Gor Gar, etc.

#4 10 years ago

At least it has the correct sound ROM.

This is what you need:

http://ksarcade.net/sound-speech-1/williams-system-6-7-sound-with-speech-module-d-8224.html

He might work out a credit exchange for your old board. Give him a call.

However you will need the mounting brackets for the boards as they are missing. The board is not supposed to be screwed directly into the backbox like that.

viperrwk

#5 10 years ago

One additional remark: sound roms are easy to find and can be purchased at different stores

#6 10 years ago

Good info guys, thanks. I'll keep my eyes open for the real board I need. I saw one on eBay for $50, compared to that link viperrwk posted that's a total bargain, but I've only just started looking for ALL the parts I need. Whole new arena for me, and half the battle is knowing what is a good deal and what is not, right?

#7 10 years ago

They shouldn't be that difficult to find as there were so many produced in the early eighties!
$50 seems reasonable to me, but both boards should be at least working!

Good luck, Fire Power is very nice pin to own! I had two in the past, one with drop targets and 7 digit display installed.

#8 10 years ago

There are 2 boards, one for sound and another for speech. You can buy aftermarket new ones if you cant find any used.

#9 10 years ago

Used pair in the market $50
Sup syt!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-new-to-me-firepower-lacks-voice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.