(Topic ID: 95468)

My new Metallica just arrived and it's only 2 days old!

By Minneapolispin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Aurich
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

screen-capture-22.png
04adb4dc252ef1b6f52ea6811b6be56f.jpg
photo.JPG
phot1o.JPG

#1 9 years ago

It doesn't get much newer than this. It looks like the game was made on Monday and 48 hours later it's set up in my house. It even has the new 1.6 code already installed.

Thanks to everyone for their input and telling me how good the game was. And thanks to Travis at Twisted Pins. He was great to work with and kept me informed on the delivery info the past week after I ordered it. You can buy from them with total confidence you'll get a great price and customer service.

www.twistedpins.com/

phot1o.JPGphot1o.JPG
photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Awesome...congrats

#3 9 years ago

One of the best Sterns out there. CONGRATS!

#4 9 years ago

Wow, Thats actually impressive, Grats on an awesome new pin

#5 9 years ago

Congrats. PS - pincabs are bad on new sterns.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

i thought that was only if the cab is decaled and not silk screened. Im not sure what metallica is.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

They have the plastic stand off's so the Pincab's don't touch the artwork.

Congrats to the OP on the new game.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

They have the plastic stand off's so the Pincab's don't touch the artwork.

Yup...they're safe - but not needed.

#9 9 years ago

I agree you dont need them. The metal stern standoff protectors are sufficient.

But HOLY CRAP that was fast shipment! Congrats. I hope u love it as much as i love mine!

#10 9 years ago

Holy fast shipment is right. It would have been delivered yesterday, but I was stuck at the office and couldn't sneak away. I may take the protectors off, as I'm not totally loving the look. Since this is my first NIB game, I didn't want to take any chances and had ordered them the day I ordered the pin.

#11 9 years ago

Great game, enjoy, and I second removing the protecters. Utterly unnecessary, and they don't look good.

#12 9 years ago

One of the Best Lyman/Stern Game !

#13 9 years ago

holy fast shipment batman! congrats on owing one of THE best stern pros out there. i want to get one soon too...

curious if stern might eventually change this pro over to a ALL led game in the future (esp with all future vault editions coming out). hope so.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Thanks to everyone for their input and telling me how good the game was.

WHAT??? You didnt play it before you bought it? Neo is rolling over in his grave.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15 9 years ago

Do all new Stern pros come with the plastic standoff's? My XMENLE had metal. I added metal ones to my Spiderman and I was going to order some metal ones for IMVE but if it already has something I'm good.

#16 9 years ago

all the newer sterns have plastics... i think xmen and maybe avengers got the metal ones?

Quoted from jathomp22:

Do all new Stern pros come with the plastic standoff's? My XMENLE had metal. I added metal ones to my spiderman and I was going to order some metal ones for IMVE but if it already has something I'm good.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

i think xmen and maybe Avengers got the metal ones?

Yes, metal on Hulk LE and Xmen LE.....Luci came with plastics and my late run TRON pro....

PBL has the metal, I put metal and then the plastics back over them on Luci for giggles...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711

edit----the plastic ones are just a bit thicker if anyone cares

#18 9 years ago

X-Men Pro had metal ones.

--Luke

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

WHAT??? You didnt play it before you bought it? Neo is rolling over in his grave

Ha ha -no I dumped tons of quarters into one on location near my house the past 6 months. I just wanted to hear from owners if they enjoyed it as much after owning one and if there were any issues that I should aware of. The feedback was 100% positive.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Ha ha -no I dumped tons of quarters into one on location near my house the past 6 months. I just wanted to hear from owners if they enjoyed it as much after owning one and if there were any issues that I should aware of. The feedback was 100% positive.

But did you play it the minimum 50 times before you are allowed to spend your own money???

Sadly, we lost Neo recently, he lost internet connection and chewed his own face off.

#21 9 years ago

Don't play it for 2 months as to let clear coat harden

Just kidding.. Enjoy your pin. Metallica is one of the best

#22 9 years ago

You guys play your pins???? That will cause shooter lane wear and impotence.

#23 9 years ago

2 days from factory to customer, now that's the way to run a business. congrats on the machine.

#24 9 years ago

My STLE was three days from completion to my basement. Enjoy a great game!

#25 9 years ago

Mylar shooter lane.

Great pin. Love Fade to black.

04adb4dc252ef1b6f52ea6811b6be56f.jpg04adb4dc252ef1b6f52ea6811b6be56f.jpg screen-capture-22.pngscreen-capture-22.png
#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Mylar shooter lane.

Where did you buy the Mylar shooter lane ? did it yourself ?

Thanks

#27 9 years ago

My distributor got 5 Metallica premiums in from Stern a few weeks back and all were August 2013 builds, how I know is that one of them is mine! Oh well nothing has changed since. I don't believe it matters, just the playfield had longer to cure, so hopefully wont dimple as much or non at all.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

My distributor got 5 Metallica premiums in from Stern a few weeks back and all were August 2013 builds, how I know is that one of them is mine! Oh well nothing has changed since. I don't believe it matters, just the playfield had longer to cure, so hopefully wont dimple as much or non at all.

Oh rest assured it will dimple. Mine is August 2013 build and it has dimples. I made a new plastic piece to cover sparky's feet which eliminated the bad airballs I was seeing there. The other (minor) airballs happen from the grave marker first target.

Rob

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Mylar shooter lane.

lol at you screencapping that photo from my article, why not just save the original image? Or did you want the caption with it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-new-metallica-just-arrived-and-its-only-2-days-old and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.