IMG_0005-884.JPG
IMG_0004-842.JPG
IMG_3771.GIF
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
20150303_171425.jpg
20150301_132347.jpg
image-522.jpg
There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 9 years ago

I got number 13. And before you ask I'm not Irish the tattoo is just lucky 13. Got it when I was very young.20150303_171425.jpg20150303_171425.jpg

#352 9 years ago

Aw yeah, pic of tattoo as requested! Hopefully you get your hammer soon.

#353 9 years ago

Number 9 arrived in Germany !
If you see the pics, it's awesome - but in real, boahhh !!!
Aurich, you're the best

Thanks again

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from wizard1:

Number 9 arrived in Germany !
If you see the pics, it's awesome - but in real, boahhh !!!
Aurich, you're the best
Thanks again

Sweet! Germany can be slow to send to, your customs officials like to hold packages forever it seems like, so glad it made it through so quickly.

#355 9 years ago

Yeah ! But no custom, this time

#356 9 years ago

Stop...... Hamma Time!

IMG_3771.GIFIMG_3771.GIFFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender-2.jpgFullSizeRender-2.jpg

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Glad I didn't need the front screw, so tight the top broke right off in it. Thx for #30!

and PS same here, did anyones screw survive? I barely even turned it and snap! Not sure what to do if for some insane reason I ever wanted to put back the old hammer I know lots of removed it to paint etc??

#358 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

and PS same here, did anyones screw survive? I barely even turned it and snap! Not sure what to do if for some insane reason I ever wanted to put back the old hammer I know lots of removed it to paint etc??

They must have used a crappy quality screw combined with serious Loctite.

Honestly I can't even figure out why they ran that stupid screw from the front in the first place. The handle should be more than enough. The hammer doesn't even contact anything, except maybe a little edge of the ball, and it's just going to nudge the ball over.

#359 9 years ago

Yea who knows, I think it keeps it from moving side to side a little since its larger and lighter than yours. Anyhow it looks awesome, and the only reason I would ever remove it is if I sold the game an wanted to let someone else have da hamma. But I don't see that happening anytime soon, love the game

this weekend a need to put in the captive ball, that one screw right up against the half circular piece of metal looks like it might be a pain to remove?

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yea who knows, I think it keeps it from moving side to side a little since its larger and lighter than yours. Anyhow it looks awesome, and the only reason I would ever remove it is if I sold the game an wanted to let someone else have da hamma. But I don't see that happening anytime soon, love the game
this weekend a need to put in the captive ball, that one screw right up against the half circular piece of metal looks like it might be a pain to remove?

Nah, installing the captive ball isn't a big deal. Actually, I took my hammer off to do it, that's when I snapped my screw. So now that I think about it I ran the stock hammer for a while without it just fine.

It's a great upgrade, the metal block sucks, captive ball all the way.

#361 9 years ago

By the way somehow your hammer causes my coffin lock to work better LOL!

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Not sure I can really take credit for that, but sounds good to me!

#363 9 years ago

Hammer #11 is in the house, Vancouver Canada Delivery

Great modification Aurich

IMG_0004-842.JPGIMG_0004-842.JPG
IMG_0005-884.JPGIMG_0005-884.JPG

#364 9 years ago

Love seeing all the custom painted Sparkys too!

#365 9 years ago

Aurich, outstanding job. The hammer is sick. Thanks for
Making these. Glad to have gotten in just in time! #28.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from PinGiant:

Aurich, outstanding job. The hammer is sick. Thanks for
Making these. Glad to have gotten in just in time! #28.

Thanks man, it seems like everyone is happy with this project, and I'm really glad to hear that, was a ton of work!

I'll report back when we make some progress on the cast version. Maybe I should call it the Premium instead of the Pro so it doesn't confuse people into thinking it's for the Pro Metallicas.

#367 9 years ago

I am not pleased that I missed out on this run.

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

This is going to sound really stupid but I'm going to say it anyway. I wonder if this really is actually a benefit of this hammer. Sometimes I think the hammer issue is with the magnetism and this hammer has metal on the end of it which may do something to the magnetic field which could potentially help.

If this winds up to be true then I demand Stern to force Aurich to make more (at a substantial gain to him of course) and that they are sent out as part of a recall

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I am not pleased that I missed out on this run.

I'll try and make the other version not suck!

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

This is going to sound really stupid but I'm going to say it anyway. I wonder if this really is actually a benefit of this hammer. Sometimes I think the hammer issue is with the magnetism and this hammer has metal on the end of it which may do something to the magnetic field which could potentially help.
If this winds up to be true then I demand Stern to force Aurich to make more (at a substantial gain to him of course) and that they are sent out as part of a recall

Yea the thought crossed my mind,but I doubt it. Aurich can chime in but he made those spiked out of something that should not affect the magnet. My test bed was one and a half games

It was probably more related to the fact that I was concentrating on the hammer shot to see it in action. But...some shots that normally dont lock for me did.

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I noticed the same with mine. I wonder why that is?

#372 9 years ago

The spikes are made out of some alloy (whatever was cheap and shitty I'm sure, thanks China) that is non reactive to magnets. I know this because I tested them. And the screws are nylon. So I dunno what to say there. But if it somehow is helping sounds great to me.

#373 9 years ago

Is there anything on the stock hammer that could be knocking the pinball off center? These were engineered to give plenty of room for the pinball to fall below the playfield without any interference. Just a thought.
--Scott

#374 9 years ago

Wait you used Chinese spikes in my hammer of justice !!! blasphemy LOL.

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Wait you used Chinese spikes in my hammer of justice !!! blasphemy LOL.

I bought them from Amazon, but let's be real about where they came from. Everything else was HAND CRAFTED IN THE USA. Artisanal hand crafted hammer, with only the finest laser scorched pig skin. 3D printing by Scott's funky open source printer, surely programmed by bearded men in some dark den of coding goodness!

#376 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I bought them from Amazon, but let's be real about where they came from. Everything else was HAND CRAFTED IN THE USA. Artisanal hand crafted hammer, with only the finest laser scorched pig skin. 3D printing by Scott's funky open source printer, surely programmed by bearded men in some dark den of coding goodness!

Ok I can live with that then

#377 9 years ago

Number 5 is installed with Mezelmods LED Hammer kit too!! Amazing Mod Aurich. Very happy to have it.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#378 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Number 5 is installed with Mezelmods LED Hammer kit too!! Amazing Mod Aurich. Very happy to have it.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Sweet, looks like all the international shipments are appearing just fine. Always makes me feel better when those show up.

How's the light look inside? I've never tried that mod.

#379 9 years ago

Th only thing I did not love about the hammer was the top spike,I suspect aurich new this because it was not held with any lock tight and was easily removed and yes my lock works better than it ever has,I do believe this to be real

image.jpgimage.jpg

#380 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Th only thing I did not love about the hammer was the top spike,I suspect aurich new this because it was not held with any lock tight and was easily removed and yes my lock works better than it ever has,I do believe this to be real
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Yeah, I didn't Loctite the top spike. Seemed a little safer to be flexible there, and there's no real chance of a ball strike knocking it off.

I'm totally happy to hear that people's locks might be improved, but I can't take any credit, I have no clue why that would be.

#381 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm totally happy to hear that people's locks might be improved, but I can't take any credit, I have no clue why that would be.

Placebo effect

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Placebo effect

Only 2 logical explainations. This placebo effect, or the antimatter nano particles that we probably used in the 3D printed plastic.

--Scott

#383 9 years ago

My hammer just left LA today
Must be using the small planes to ship mine.
Looking good in the games though

#384 9 years ago

HOPE IT WASNT IN HARRISON FORDS SMALL PLANE

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

My hammer just left LA today
Must be using the small planes to ship mine.
Looking good in the games though

Wow, really? The postal service tracking sucks balls, so there's a chance it's just horribly wrong.

I have to say, I've shipped hundreds of packages with them all over the globe, and I really do like their service for the most part, but seriously, tracking? Just terrible. Every other service kills them on tracking.

#386 9 years ago

Any videos of the hammer in action anyone? Photos look great!

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

antimatter nano particles that we probably used in the 3D printed plastic.

Using the new Higgs-Boson extruder that prints in god particles?

#388 9 years ago

Yeah I wouldn't count in any package just leaving LA, I've had a ton of packages that have not been updated for tracking only to show up the next day on the east coast to be delivered to customers. Then again, I've also had packages ship to the east coast get to within 20 miles of their destination then get sent back to the west coast only to be resent back finally to the customer

#389 9 years ago

My best shipping story was sending a package of 3 Helen translites to Austria. Except someone needs new glasses or shouldn't be drinking on the job, because they got routed to Australia instead. Came all the way back to the US, then to Austria. Took like a month, but they did eventually arrive safely!

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My best shipping story was sending a package of 3 Helen translites to Austria. Except someone needs new glasses or shouldn't be drinking on the job, because they got routed to Australia instead. Came all the way back to the US, then to Austria. Took like a month, but they did eventually arrive safely!

#391 9 years ago

You realize that man was my governor?

So yeah, pro tip kids, write "Austria, Europe" on your labels, that's the magic trick. Was told that by the person who I was sending it to after this all happened, he said it's actually pretty common!

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sweet, looks like all the international shipments are appearing just fine. Always makes me feel better when those show up.
How's the light look inside? I've never tried that mod.

Very easy install, especially while swapping the hammer anyway. It looks great. It's wired to the coffin flashers. I would venture to say that it likely looks better in your design, as the hole diameter is smaller. Light is likely more focused?? I didn't see it in the regular hammer, but it makes sense.

#393 9 years ago

Received mine today. Looks awsome!

#394 9 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Received mine today. Looks awsome!

Excellent! I think everyone should have them now for the most part. There are two still sitting here waiting for owners to be back from trips. Otherwise they're hopefully all in their new homes.

Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Very easy install, especially while swapping the hammer anyway. It looks great. It's wired to the coffin flashers. I would venture to say that it likely looks better in your design, as the hole diameter is smaller. Light is likely more focused?? I didn't see it in the regular hammer, but it makes sense.

Hmm. Maybe I'll mess with rigging my own some time, easy enough.

#395 9 years ago

Installed my captive ball today to complement your Hammer Game plays even Better now with the combo.

#396 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Installed my captive ball today to complement your Hammer Game plays even Better now with the combo.

Way more fun right? You can bank the ball off the captive ball in way more interesting ways. I get why they tried the block, but they should have went "welp, doesn't work, stick the ball back in".

#397 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Excellent! I think everyone should have them now for the most part. There are two still sitting here waiting for owners to be back from trips. Otherwise they're hopefully all in their new homes.

Hmm. Maybe I'll mess with rigging my own some time, easy enough.

Mines in Vancouver Canada now
It's coming

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Mines in Vancouver Canada now
It's coming

It's funny how I can send things to the other side of the world so fast, and Canada is right there above us and taking forever.

#399 9 years ago

Sled dogs are slow this time of year

#400 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Way more fun right? You can bank the ball off the captive ball in way more interesting ways. I get why they tried the block, but they should have went "welp, doesn't work, stick the ball back in".

Yea I think I like it more, not sure if it locks the same better or worse with it, but I do like the angles

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-new-metallica-hammer-design/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.