Topic Stats

• 488 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 81 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

metallica-ride-the-lightning-shirt-bi.jpg
image.jpg
520947.jpg
giphy.gif
image-627.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0005-884.JPG
IMG_0004-842.JPG
IMG_3771.GIF
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
20150303_171425.jpg
20150301_132347.jpg
image-522.jpg

There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from redmamanora:

Received and installed my hammer today. Easy install and looks great.

Pics or it didn't happen.

#302 4 years ago

Received and installed today as well. Quality is amazing. Count me in for the next mod - whatever it is. Game plays better with this narrow version. Vast improvement over the original.

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Received and installed today as well. Quality is amazing. Count me in for the next mod - whatever it is. Game plays better with this narrow version. Vast improvement over the original.

+1

#304 4 years ago

image-898.jpg

#305 4 years ago

Looks great!!! Now to put it on!

image.jpg
#306 4 years ago

I'm guessing Aurich has #1 /30, who got #30 /30?

#307 4 years ago

Well that was too easy, thank you again

image.jpg
#308 4 years ago

man that hammer look sweet, don't have the game but i'd definitely buy it if it was the case.

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

I'm guessing Aurich has #1 /30, who got #30 /30?

Yeah I kept #1, and kidchrisso requested #30. Whenever I could I honored people's # requests, I only had one conflict where I had to give it to the person who asked for it first.

Love the matching badge pics! My LE number is too high to have been able to match.

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from TrimPin14:

Well that was too easy, thank you again

Glad everyone is getting them installed easily.

#311 4 years ago

So did that guy pay yet? Do you have #13 left :p

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

So did that guy pay yet? Do you have #13 left :p

Nope, I haven't heard from him. Hey hollywood, I've emailed and PM'd you, where you at man? I don't want to just dump you, but mandelbloom is staring at your spot hungrily ...

And it's probably not a surprise that #13 was the one that got more than one request! The owner of #13 (first to ask for it) says he even has a 13 tattoo, so I figure he's earned it.

I won't out him, but if you're reading this, let's see a pic of that ink!

#313 4 years ago

The reason I'm posting so much right now is I'm drinking 151 proof rum and procrastinating finishing sorting Star Trek decals into baggies. I love you guys, it truly makes me happy to send you my packages and get all the great feedback, it's the best. But gah, packing all this shit up ...

Also, how metal is it that I found black bubble wrap for the hammers?!

#314 4 years ago

Aurich, final product looks awesome! It was also great you kept all the outsourcing in community.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from KeithElliott:

Aurich, final product looks awesome! It was also great you kept all the outsourcing in community.

Agreed on all parts! These look so fantastic. Great work once again Aurich.
--Scott

#316 4 years ago

My birthday is the 13th so I consider it a lucky number

I can wait let's give they guy a chance to chime in.

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from KeithElliott:

I wouldn't want to share the scent of scorched pigskin with a perfect stranger!

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Agreed on all parts! These look so fantastic. Great work once again Aurich.

Anyone who wants to prototype something in 3D should talk to Scott.

Hell both Scott and Keith are amazing, because it's rare to find people with the same level of enthusiasm I have for getting things right. Wouldn't have wanted to do it with anyone else.

#318 4 years ago

I actually like the original hammer, so I didn't get in on this. But, wow! This is simply top-notch work. Hell of a mod. Have to admit I'm a bit jealous. Great work, Aurich and congrats to the lucky few who snagged one of these.

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The reason I'm posting so much right now is I'm drinking 151 proof rum and procrastinating finishing sorting Star Trek decals into baggies. I love you guys, it truly makes me happy to send you my packages and get all the great feedback, it's the best. But gah, packing all this shit up ...
Also, how metal is it that I found black bubble wrap for the hammers?!

Drinking and Packing / shipping don't mix....Too many mistakes!

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I wouldn't want to share the scent of scorched pigskin with a perfect stranger!

You still owe me some air fresheners for that

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Oh settle down. It's not that difficult to.. One sec, dropped my beer on my... OH SHIT!!

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

That must be why my wife is sorting through bags trying to figure out where I misplaced a decal ...

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That must be why my wife is sorting through bags trying to figure out where I misplaced a decal ...

Ok.... good to see you are under adult supervision!

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I actually like the original hammer, so I didn't get in on this. But, wow! This is simply top-notch work. Hell of a mod. Have to admit I'm a bit jealous. Great work, Aurich and congrats to the lucky few who snagged one of these.

Pics don't really do it justice, it really is a nicely made piece. I can't wait to see his other MET project.

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Ok.... good to see you are under adult supervision!

Well to be fair she's been drinking too ...

Quoted from moto_cat:

Pics don't really do it justice, it really is a nicely made piece. I can't wait to see his other MET project.

Thanks man. I never intended for this to turn into something I'd make a bunch of, was just going to be a one off personal mod, but it turned out to be a lot of fun, even if it was a lot of work. I hope everyone feels like it was worth it, and enjoys. I know I don't miss that big ass stock hammer anymore, they should have gone with something this size from the beginning IMHO.

My favorite part of doing these mods though is getting all the pics and feedback. Makes me happy to make other people happy. All the time feels worth it then. Thanks to everyone who's posted pics, obviously I've seen all your hammers already, but having them installed in a game is where they belong.

#326 4 years ago

You should post a pick in the who's drinking thread.

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

You should post a pick int who's drinking thread.

I done drank it all already! Dark and stormy, 2 oz Goslings Dark Seal 151, squeeze of lime, Q ginger beer. I prefer Fever Tree, but I'm all out. The 151 gives it a nice kick to compliment the bite of the ginger, highly recommended if you can get it. I've heard some states don't sell it.

#328 4 years ago

Beautiful job on the hammer. Just stunning. looking forward to the "Pro" model.

#329 4 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

My birthday is the 13th so I consider it a lucky number
I can wait let's give they guy a chance to chime in.

Just heard from him. He's out for personal reasons so you're in.

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My favorite part of doing these mods though is getting all the pics and feedback. Makes me happy to make other people happy. All the time feels worth it then. Thanks to everyone who's posted pics, obviously I've seen all your hammers already, but having them installed in a game is where they belong.

At league last night, a bunch of us were playing the host's METLE, and at least 5-6 people mentioned seeing this mod on Pinside and gushed about how awesome it was.

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

At league last night, a bunch of us were playing the host's METLE, and at least 5-6 people mentioned seeing this mod on Pinside and gushed about how awesome it was.

Well I dropped the master for the Pro hammer in the mail to Keith yesterday. We'll see what we can do about trying to make it work out. I wish I'd though to drop a pine tree air freshener in the box.

#332 4 years ago

Hats off to Aurich! Amazing job! I LOVE the new smaller footprint

image.jpg image-522.jpg
#333 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Hats off to Aurich! Amazing job! I LOVE the new smaller footprint

Nice, makes that custom Sparky that much easier to see. Is that a Dirty Donny job?

Check out that orange captive ball too!

#334 4 years ago

Glad I didn't need the front screw, so tight the top broke right off in it. Thx for #30!

20150301_132347.jpg
#335 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Glad I didn't need the front screw, so tight the top broke right off in it. Thx for #30!

Yeah, that happened to someone else, and it reminded me that it happened to me, was so long ago I'd forgotten. I think Stern must be putting serious Loctite on that screw. I dunno why it's even there, seems unnecessary, but you definitely don't need it for my design.

#336 4 years ago

It's so bad as s, I like the fact you can see a little more. Not so block like. Thanks again!

#337 4 years ago

Can't wait for the pro version. Hope it works! I've been avoiding this thread a bit as I have so much money ploughed into my MOPLE already that I can never possibly sell it. And if I looked at this fantastic piece of work for more than a minute I would of course have to buy it!

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Can't wait for the pro version. Hope it works! I've been avoiding this thread a bit as I have so much money ploughed into my MOPLE already that I can never possibly sell it. And if I looked at this fantastic piece of work for more than a minute I would of course have to buy it!

You should have spent the money....

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nice, makes that custom Sparky that much easier to see. Is that a Dirty Donny job?
Check out that orange captive ball too!

Yep, it's a DD

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

You should have spent the money....

Lol, I know. Maybe I'll pick up a nice HUO one down the road a bit.

#341 4 years ago

a link to the Marco parts list for the hammer (not the best picture o fit but it's the best I could find)

http://www.marcospecialties.com//images/products/511-7481-00/additional3/detail.jpg

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

a link to the Marco parts list for the hammer (not the best picture o fit but it's the best I could find)
http://www.marcospecialties.com//images/products/511-7481-00/additional3/detail.jpg

Haha, that's funny that their diagram looks more like my hammer than theirs.

#343 4 years ago

I was thinking last night when locking a ball in the coffin...would it be possible to change the dots on that sequence to match the new hammer?

#344 4 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I was thinking last night when locking a ball in the coffin...would it be possible to change the dots on that sequence to match the new hammer?

Possible, yes, with pinball browser. Easy to make it look great? Not so much. And if you get a colordmd that would mean your hammer sequence would be un-colored because it wouldn't know the frames.

#345 4 years ago

What have people been doing with their stock hammers? Keith had a cool idea for making a display stand for them, anyone have any interest in that? Or are you just tucking them away somewhere?

I stuck mine in the cash box for now.

#346 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What have people been doing with their stock hammers? Keith had a cool idea for making a display stand for them, anyone have any interest in that? Or are you just tucking them away somewhere?

Cash box for me as well.

#347 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

maybe someone can make a mod that people can turn their stock hammers into a topper free game knocker. Simple bracket with a soleniod and wired in to the free game knocker sound and a flasher.

#348 4 years ago

Maybe cut the Hammer face off and mount to a beverage holder?

#349 4 years ago

Turn it into a chia pet
Cha Cha Chia

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

maybe someone can make a mod that people can turn their stock hammers into a topper free game knocker. Simple bracket with a soleniod and wired in to the free game knocker sound and a flasher.

Hah, sweet idea.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Glen Ellyn, IL
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 26.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside