IMG_0005-884.JPG
IMG_0004-842.JPG
IMG_3771.GIF
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
20150303_171425.jpg
20150301_132347.jpg
image-522.jpg
There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I think I see mine in that picture

Technically everyone's is in the last picture, that's all 29. The last one is already installed in my machine for testing.

#252 9 years ago

any chance to see it in a machine? (Can't recall if you posted one in the machine yet, at least one of the finished ones)

#253 9 years ago

Aurich did I read a while back that you might try and create another version that might be available at a lower cost?

And this first batch look amazing by the way!!

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

any chance to see it in a machine? (Can't recall if you posted one in the machine yet, at least one of the finished ones)

Page 5 in this thread...

#255 9 years ago

Such a great job, very thankful you could help out all the fellas.

#256 9 years ago

Great job Aurich

stop hammer time.pngstop hammer time.png

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Page 5 in this thread...

great thanks

#258 9 years ago

Yeah, this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-new-metallica-hammer-design/page/5#post-2263209

Quoted from cscmtp:

Aurich did I read a while back that you might try and create another version that might be available at a lower cost?

Yes, I'll post more details on that shortly.

I just packed all the boxes, I'll try and print the shipping labels tonight and get them in the mail tomorrow if I can.

#259 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#260 9 years ago

Just got back from the post office, all orders are shipped!

I have two people who asked me if they could wait a bit to pay, they're covered. One person who hasn't responded. If he doesn't get back to me in a bit or drops out his spot will go to the first person on my waiting list.

Looking forward to install pics and reports!

#261 9 years ago

Looking forward to receiving it, now I just need a pinball machine

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have two people who asked me if they could wait a bit to pay, they're covered. One person who hasn't responded. If he doesn't get back to me in a bit or drops out his spot will go to the first person on my waiting list.

Bravo! You are a real credit to this hobby, Aurich. Beautiful work. Nicely done.

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from Menator:

Looking forward to receiving it, now I just need a pinball machine

Hmm, that's a minor detail! Good luck with that hunt.

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Bravo! You are a real credit to this hobby, Aurich. Beautiful work. Nicely done.

Aww.

#265 9 years ago

Anyone here have the pinball refinery hammer light mod (red) or the mezemods hammer light mod (blue). I was wondering what people's opinions are on which one they prefer. I can't decide from the pictures -- both look great.

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Anyone here have the pinball refinery hammer light mod (red) or the mezemods hammer light mod (blue). I was wondering what people's opinions are on which one they prefer. I can't decide from the pictures -- both look great.

I have seen neither, so I cannot help you. But I can tell you that Gio from Refinery ordered one of my hammers, so you might be able to see a pic of the mod installed in it from him.

#267 9 years ago

I think I will probably got with red, as I believe it will stand out more. The blue might just blend into the blue on the playfield too much.

#268 9 years ago

Just checked out the blue led on Mezelmods website. I will be going red for sure.

#269 9 years ago

Well in theory they should be super easy to install, I left the channel in the handle to route the wires out of. But since I don't have the mod I never did test it.

#270 9 years ago

You definitely did a great job incorporating the channel for those that have these lighting mods. I think the handle may be my favorite part of the whole design...

#271 9 years ago

These are pretty SWEET looking dude!!! Id have to admit that when you first started this project I didn't like the design at all as I thought the original hammer is cool enough as it is. Buuuut the end result is a PURE love affair with quality and craftsmanship...hands down. In saying that I didn't originally like the design I know Aurich is a guy who doesn't take criticism personally (actually he seems to feed off it positively)....and I was a total fan of his TS alt trans. Being METPRO owner I dont need this bad boy but Id easily add it if I was in the PREM/LE club.

I am waiting patiently to see his MET back board idea as he has hinted as a few times over a few forum threads.

Well played sir!!

#272 9 years ago

Aurich, you are becoming a Legend! Seeing these makes me want to go buy a MET LE (in the same way that buying my first DVD player made me go out and spend $4k on a HDTV - long time ago).

Well at least I still get to enjoy your Shadow translite.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Son of a gun I think that's me and I should save my $$$ LOL

#274 9 years ago

Aurich, the only real items that made me want the premium or Le would be your hammer. Too bad us pro owners couldn't find another use for it

#275 9 years ago

Aurich, the only real items that made me want the premium or Le would be your hammer. Too bad us pro owners couldn't find another use for it

Retrofit over the captive ball.

#276 9 years ago

I promise my next Metallica project, which I admittedly side-lined for this hammer, will work for all machines. Time to get back in gear on that, which I'm excited about.

I will though also get the gears moving on the "Pro" version of the Hammer of Justice now that the LE has shipped.

Here's a peek at what it will look like. This is primed black, clearcoated, and ready for taking an impression to make a mold. Once cast we'll experiment with how to paint it best, but the look will be a wood body, with iron bands, cap, and spikes.

Feature and shape wise aside from those outside details it's otherwise the same shape as the LE.

More info on that to come when we've had time to test things.

IMG_1570.JPGIMG_1570.JPGIMG_1569.JPGIMG_1569.JPG

#277 9 years ago

Did you ever tell us what your other project was ? pro hammer looks good too , but that LE!!

#278 9 years ago

Whoah Whoah whoah STOP THE CLCOK......there's a pro version hammer

image.jpgimage.jpg

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Did you ever tell us what your other project was ?

Nope! I've hinted, but it's a secret until it's ready, I'm just being a horrible tease.

#280 9 years ago

Came home for lunch and the mailman was delivering my hammer. I opened it up to check it out and...WOW!!! This thing looks amazing! I knew it was going to be impressive but this has exceeded my expectations. Great job Aurich. Thanks for your hard work on this!

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Came home for lunch and the mailman was delivering my hammer. I opened it up to check it out and...WOW!!! This thing looks amazing! I knew it was going to be impressive but this has exceeded my expectations. Great job Aurich. Thanks for your hard work on this!

Sweet, I was hoping I got them to the post office in time for next day for local folks. What number did you get?

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nope! I've hinted, but it's a secret until it's ready, I'm just being a horrible tease.

I know what area it is in but not sure what kind of mod. I'm sure it will be impressive.

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sweet, I was hoping I got them to the post office in time for next day for local folks. What number did you get?

Mail lady just left , no hammer in NorCal. Hopefully tomorrow...

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Back at work now...but I believe it was #26. Don't tell my boss I'm checking Pinside!

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Mail lady just left , no hammer in NorCal. Hopefully tomorrow...

You should have gotten a tracking number by email. The USPS tracking generally sucks, but usually you'll at least see if it's out for delivery. I'm hopeful that most people in major cities will get theirs tomorrow, I sent it 2 day priority, but probably Monday if not.

Quoted from dgposter:

Back at work now...but I believe it was #26. Don't tell my boss I'm checking Pinside!

Your secret is safe with me. So long as you post install pics.

#286 9 years ago

Aurich, tracking shows in transit. Expected delivery tomorrow the 28th. I'll post a pic when I get it.

#287 9 years ago

I must admit when I read about the pro version my first though was or metallica pro versions but then I realized the pro hammer is likely the cast version of the hammer. Btw great choice for using dark resin, should look amazing with drybrushing over the high spots and metallizer over the spikes

#288 9 years ago

I must admit when I read about the pro version my first though was or Metallica pro versions but then I realized the pro hammer is likely the cast version of the hammer. Btw great choice for using dark resin, should look amazing with drybrushing over the high spots and metallizer over the spikes

Just to be clear, while the plan is to use a dark resin, that's not the actual cast one. That's the master hand sculpted version, primed black, and clear coated to be ready for the mold making.

So we haven't actually seen how it will cast yet.

And yes, the "pro" version is just the cast one, seemed easiest to steal the Stern nomenclature to try and explain the difference between the limited one and this other one, which if it works will just be made until there's no more demand. Be that more or less than the LE, no clue!

#289 9 years ago

Received #27 today in Minnesota.

Looks really nice Aurich.

#290 9 years ago

Excellent, if they made it as far as Minnesota sounds like there's a good chance most US people will get theirs today.

Now I want to start seeing install pics!!

#291 9 years ago

looks great, and I think it looks better than the original. The original, looks like the statue/pillar from hellraiser with all the bodies in it.

#292 9 years ago

Looks like Hemi used some heat glue to install the LEDs in the stock hammer. This is going to be a challenge getting it out and trying to fit in replacement hammer.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#293 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Looks like Hemi used some heat glue to install the LEDs in the stock hammer. This is going to be a challenge getting it out and trying to fit in replacement hammer.

If it's hot glue then it will respond to heat. Hit it with a hair dryer, and it will soften and loosen and you can probably easily pry it back out.

Since I put the wire channel in the handle you won't have to run it out of the bottom of the hammer at least!

Also, if it wasn't clear from my instructions, that whole metal post coming out of the black handle needs to be removed. It's probably obvious, but just pointing it out in case.

#294 9 years ago

Glad you thought of that channel . Nice clean look. I had to cut the led strip slightly with scissors as stock hammer inside diameter is bigger. Don't get much more custom than this mod. Thanks

#295 9 years ago
image.jpgimage.jpg
#296 9 years ago

Yesss, you win the first install pic!

Glad to hear the wire channel worked, I don't have that mod, so I never actually tested it myself.

I want to hear how people like playing with it too. Personally I really like the smaller visual footprint.

Edit: Also, good call on doing the captive ball mod, I really like that so much better than the block. It's a must have IMHO.

#297 9 years ago

Looks great. could you take a photo looking straight up from the flippers point of view? would be nice to see how much it opens up the newton ball/sparky shot.

#298 9 years ago
image.jpgimage.jpg
#299 9 years ago

Man that hammer really does make me wish I had a machine to put it in. Waaaaaaayyyyy nicer than the original

#300 9 years ago

Received and installed my hammer today. Easy install and looks great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-new-metallica-hammer-design/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.