Topic Stats

• 488 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 81 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

metallica-ride-the-lightning-shirt-bi.jpg
image.jpg
520947.jpg
giphy.gif
image-627.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0005-884.JPG
IMG_0004-842.JPG
IMG_3771.GIF
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
20150303_171425.jpg
20150301_132347.jpg
image-522.jpg

There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 3 years ago

#452 3 years ago

Just put me on the future list please.

#453 3 years ago

My hammer is holding up pretty well. The spike on top came out but I just left it out as does not bother me. I did also have a spike at the rear come out recently? Ulrich, are the spikes screwed in or glued?

#454 3 years ago

The spikes are screwed in, and have red loctite to hold them in place. Not a foolproof design apparently.

#455 3 years ago

Ok thanks .

2 weeks later
#456 3 years ago

Mine is holding up fine.

#457 3 years ago

Mine is fine also

#458 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

that new hammer looks nice, but it has nothing to do with Metallica.
the Original hammer come's from the "and justice for all" artwork

that being said, can someone tell me what sparky has to do with metallica?

#459 3 years ago

A comical dirty donny style version of a dead man walking I guess...

image.jpg

#460 3 years ago

I love Sparky. One of the things that's great about him is he's new and original. Plenty of direct references on the playfield and art to album covers and songs etc, but it's good to see new thinking too.

Metallica is still the last Stern game that I really care about, nothing they've done since has captured me the same way.

#461 3 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

that being said, can someone tell me what sparky has to do with Metallica?

This image was used on Metallica shirts back in the day.

metallica-ride-the-lightning-shirt-bi.jpg

#462 3 years ago

Dang! clicked on this thread because I saw all the new posts & was hoping for some update on hammers ....oh well carry on

#463 3 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Dang! clicked on this thread because I saw all the new posts & was hoping for some update on hammers ....oh well carry on

Me too... Damn

#464 3 years ago
Quoted from S3G:

Me too... Damn

Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Yea me 3...oh wait, I got #30/30

#465 3 years ago

Aaannnnd, I jinxed myself by breaking off a spike in the left side of the hammer. Had a multiball going and they got jammed up near the snake and hammer and one of the balls went airborn and hit the spike. Not a big deal and love this mod, it goes with the game so much better.

Where did you get the spikes Aurich?? Thanks again!!

#466 3 years ago

Very cool mod. That hammer is what eventually stopped me from getting a premium sometime back. With this mod I might put the game back on the official wish list.

Aurich, you're the man!

#467 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Aaannnnd, I jinxed myself by breaking off a spike in the left side of the hammer. Had a multiball going and they got jammed up near the snake and hammer and one of the balls went airborn and hit the spike. Not a big deal and love this mod, it goes with the game so much better.

Can you move the top spike to the broken spot ,I like mine with no top spike.

#468 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Amazon. What's actually broken though? You can just put a little loctite or super glue on and re-attach the spikes. Do you need parts? Let me know how I can help.

#469 3 years ago

Yea it broke at the stud. It's not a not a not deal at all. If you have any spares I'd like to buy a couple from ya if possible.

#470 3 years ago

Ya, I'll see about some glue, I'm on the road again.

#471 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Can you move the top spike to the broken spot ,I like mine with no top spike.

I can, and might. Thanks for the suggestion!

#472 3 years ago

"Let me know how I can help." by making another batch! lol maybe when you slow down someday. if there is a list i would love to be on it. thanks, yo

#473 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It's not a not a not deal at all

Not sure if this is good or bad

#474 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ya, I'll see about some glue, I'm on the road again.

Soon as you get back email me a picture so I can make sure I see what you need, and I'll send you something to fix it with.

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Not sure if this is good or bad

My phone autocorrects to the weirdest stuff. That should have said not a big deal at all

2 months later
#476 3 years ago

Any possible way to purchase one of these hammers still? Just got my MET Premium and I really would love one- thanks!

#477 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Any possible way to purchase one of these hammers still? Just got my MET Premium and I really would love one- thanks!

Short answer: no, these were a limited set, and they're long sold out.

Longer answer: I have a friend who has a master that I scultped who's going to try and cast some for me. He's just been crazy busy, and hasn't been able to get to it. He told me he'd still like to, so if he can make it work out for him I'll let people know that there's another option.

I really prefer my game now with a smaller hammer, feels a lot more balanced, so I'll do what I can to make them available.

#478 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Short answer: no, these were a limited set, and they're long sold out.
Longer answer: I have a friend who has a master that I scultped who's going to try and cast some for me. He's just been crazy busy, and hasn't been able to get to it. He told me he'd still like to, so if he can make it work out for him I'll let people know that there's another option.
I really prefer my game now with a smaller hammer, feels a lot more balanced, so I'll do what I can to make them available.

Thanks man! Really hoping your friend pulls through and more can be made !!

#479 3 years ago

Hey buddy,

The entire top cap popped off of mine the other night. What glue should I use to reattach it?

Contact cement?

#480 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey buddy,
The entire top cap popped off of mine the other night. What glue should I use to reattach it?
Contact cement?

Woah, really? It was superglued on, that's pretty surprising. Any glue for plastics should work fine.

#481 3 years ago

I'll take one if your buddy gets to em.

#482 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, I'm not happy with the strength of the epoxy for the spikes, just not secure enough.
I'm going to re-engineer it to be even stronger. This may end up being prototype 2, if I can improve the design. Need to research some parts.
I was thinking too, I may add to the paint. The hammer might be interesting with some graphic line art on it (maybe a stylized letter M, or could letter out Hammer of Justice, have to think about it), make it feel like it matches the feel of my shooter rod more:
metallica-shooter.jpg
So if I'm rethinking the engineering and design I'll try and figure out if I could realistically do a small run of them for people who were interested.
If I like the way a graphic on the hammer works then maybe I'll do a custom painted one for each hammer I make, then no two will be the same. This would have to be some LE shit man, because I just don't have enough free time to do more than a limited run.
Anyone who's expressed interest just PM me, if you mentioned it in this thread I noted you already though. I'll just warn you, even though it will go a lot faster when I know what I'm doing and not having to experiment as I go, I spent time over 3 days making this, including letting things harden overnight before doing more sculpting the next day.
I just can't see being able to make these for under $200. So if that seems too expensive I'll totally understand. It needs to be more solidly engineered first.
I'll start working on that, I really like the way it plays, I want it working. It feels awesome to see more of the playfield, IMHO it's not just a cool visual mod, but one that actually improves the gameplay. Especially if you've swapped your block for the captive ball.

You know if your buddy is doing the molds? What about Tim at mezelmods, he picking this up? Also I like your shooter rod, are you gonna do more of those? I just thought I ask. Your work is amazing!!

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

You know if your buddy is doing the molds? What about Tim at mezelmods, he picking this up? Also I like your shooter rod, are you gonna do more of those? I just thought I ask. Your work is amazing!!

We have been thinking about do this...gotta find the time.

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Tim and I had originally talked, but I wasn't happy with 3D printing as the final solution, casting has a much better level of detail.

Tim, you're looking into adding casting to your shop though right?

As for the shooter rod, that was just a personal one off, no plans to make more. Someone else has a kind of similar one, with a skull/piston hybrid, you could look at getting one of those.

#485 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Tim and I had originally talked, but I wasn't happy with 3D printing as the final solution, casting has a much better level of detail.
Tim, you're looking into adding casting to your shop though right?
As for the shooter rod, that was just a personal one off, no plans to make more. Someone else has a kind of similar one, with a skull/piston hybrid, you could look at getting one of those.

Yes, casting, roto mold or injection molding is the only way I would do it for this piece.

#486 3 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Yes, casting, roto mold or injection molding is the only way I would do it for this piece.

Pretty sure we can rule out injection molding for this one.

#487 3 years ago

Yeah that would be a 23 part mold. hahah!

#488 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yeah that would be a 23 part mold. hahah!

Just figure out how to CNC them, what's the problem?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chicago, IL
6,600 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Fort Collins, CO
There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside