You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-16.jpg
IMG_0754.jpg
IMG_0752.jpg
IMG_0751.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdoz2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

My girlfriend's mom (Judi) mentioned to me a few months ago that she grew up with a pinball machine in her basement. She couldnt remember the name, but she said that they gave it to a man in Florida. Well Judi's husband, Mark, was in florida this last week and ran into that guy and asked if he ever did anything with the game. He said no and offered to give it back. Mark then drove the game all the way up here and surprised me with it last night!

I knew it was an older game, but when he pulled back the blanket and read the backglass I almost peed myself. It was Gottlieb's famous Humpty Dumpty!
For anyone who doesn't know the significance of this game, it was the very first game with flippers. I am beyond excited. It will be a challenge for sure, but Im very motivated to get this working.

IMG_0751.jpgIMG_0751.jpg IMG_0752.jpgIMG_0752.jpg IMG_0754.jpgIMG_0754.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Its in really good shape cosmetically. One of the jones plugs ( I think thats what its called) has been cut off so that should be fun.

#9 10 years ago

Im still in shock a little. I cant wait to get this thing running!

#10 10 years ago

Does anyone sell parts for gottliebs of this era? It looks like Ill need a couple bumper caps and a few other things.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

That is two free pins in a month, you must have some good as karma for something you've done, maybe it was selling me your WWF.

Haha I dont think so. Just getting lucky I guess.

#20 10 years ago

Thanks everyone! I was poking around under the playfield before I left the house and this thing is neat. I've never seen a game this old before, but i think I'm in love. I can wait to get these flippers flipping!

#24 10 years ago

A local EM magician has offered to come take a look next Saturday! Should be a great learning experience and maybe it's up and running in a week!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrick:

Congrats, it looks beautiful! Let me know if you need any pictures of the wiring for your cut off jones plug (or anything else). I'm pretty sure the wiring on mine is all correct.Definitely keep us posted on your progress too - maybe I will finally get inspired to get serious about restoring mine....

I might need some photos, but I have really ha much time with it yet. There is a strange jumper in the back made with alligator clips.

Is this old style wiring any less safe than modern? This is going to be with me for life so it would be worth the time if there was some benefit to it. That would really suck I'm sure though

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Man, Star Trek is...... whoops. My bad. Wrong Thread.

I felt special for a second, but I saw that you copied and pasted this in other threads too.

3 weeks later
#37 10 years ago

So it looks like I will have to find as many parts as possible for this thing. The bottom of the cabinet is totally bare besides the transformer. It is missing the entire board pictured. I may just try and get the GI to work for now and just hope to find something eventually.

And yes, I know Im screwed.

image-16.jpgimage-16.jpg

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

The relay board might not be easy to find. I have to wonder if one from any of the fairy tale series games would work though. The designs and layouts were so similar that I can't imagine they are that different. Worst case if you could find one from another 1947- 1948 Gottlieb six flipper game, one of the EM schematic gurus could likely help direct you how to modify it to work.
I once had a relay board for a 1948 Ali Baba but it is long gone. May take some patience but resurrecting your Humpty Dumpty isn't impossible. I'd put a want ad out on Mr. Pinball and see if anything turns up.

Ill have to keep my eye out for sure. Im going to Expo and Texas so I might be able to ask around or something. I thought Lady Robin Hood would be close, but even that doesnt match up too well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdoz2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-new-gifted-pin?tu=jdoz2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.