(Topic ID: 55379)

My Congo is broken.Update:7/04/13 Kinda working.

By BowlingJim

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BowlingJim
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 10 years ago

Is Congo even a $2,100 game working these days? Maybe. But not broken.

Quoted from jrivelli:

I'll take it for $1500, since it does sound unfixable

#42 10 years ago

You aren't implying that on average Congo is a $3,500 game, are you?

Quoted from jrivelli:

Sold my congo for $3,500. Not sure where you have been on this title lately

#45 10 years ago

From what I've seen, $2,100 is a fair price for a working Congo.

Quoted from jrivelli:

No, but you are asking if it even fetches $2,100, which is not the case in the slightest.

#51 10 years ago

No. I questioned $2,100 as a price for a game that might need board work. Since I answered the question myself, I think you can assume it was rhetorical.

Quoted from jrivelli:

That isn't how you phrased your response though. You were questioning if $2,100 was even what they were going for.

I literally say $2,100 is what some examples would sell for, but not broken.

Quoted from jalpert:

Is Congo even a $2,100 game working these days? Maybe. But not broken.

I appreciate your opinion, but what does that have to do with the price of the game?

Also, I've owned Congo.

Quoted from Squeakman:

Have you played Congo Jalpert? doesn't seem to be the case. This is one game that the gameplay far exceeds even some "A" titles. Of course this is just my opinion, but many are coming around to my way of thinking these days.

Not sure if this statement is silly or sarcastic? You must be the David Koresh of Congo pinball.

Quoted from Squeakman:

but many are coming around to my way of thinking these days.

#57 10 years ago

It's not actually. One sale isn't proof of anything.

Quoted from markmon:

Nah. These things are pretty rare and sell for way more. Jrivelli getting $3500 is proof.

#63 10 years ago

You are quoting a few high sales, I can quote a few low sales... again, so what?

Quoted from jrivelli:

Then what about the other sale on pinside for $3,100? Or another locally here that just went for $2,500 in routed shape?

This quote sums you up in a nutshell. You have this NEED to feel superior over people. You don't know me, how many pins I have, or what I do for a living. Yet, it makes you feel so good to assume I can't afford them and you can, doesn't it? This is probably the 100th time you've made a comment like this. I think Congo is a $2,100 game. I'm sure it's sold for more, but trying to find a correlation between that and my income is kinda insane, right?

Oh wait, just like the other 100 times, you're just joking? This is your sense of humor.

Quoted from markmon:

It's a bummer if you can't afford the prices of pins. But that doesn't change the market.

1 week later
    #77 10 years ago

You'll get it going man. We've all been there.

Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have someone coming to look at it this weekend hope he can figure out what is needed to fix it.

Flip? Because I don't overpay? My selling history on Pinside is readily available. I think I'm really fair. It's been years since it's been easy to buy pinballs at a steal. So, if I can't really get them cheap, and I sell them reasonably, what exactly am I flipping?

Quoted from markmon:

Sweet. Maybe buy that to flip locally out here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-new-congo-is-broken-help-needed?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.