(Topic ID: 55379)

My Congo is broken.Update:7/04/13 Kinda working.

By BowlingJim

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by BowlingJim
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

No. I questioned $2,100 as a price for a game that might need board work. Since I answered the question myself, I think you can assume it was rhetorical.

Quoted from jrivelli:

That isn't how you phrased your response though. You were questioning if $2,100 was even what they were going for.

I literally say $2,100 is what some examples would sell for, but not broken.

Quoted from jalpert:

Is Congo even a $2,100 game working these days? Maybe. But not broken.

I appreciate your opinion, but what does that have to do with the price of the game?

Also, I've owned Congo.

Quoted from Squeakman:

Have you played Congo Jalpert? doesn't seem to be the case. This is one game that the gameplay far exceeds even some "A" titles. Of course this is just my opinion, but many are coming around to my way of thinking these days.

Not sure if this statement is silly or sarcastic? You must be the David Koresh of Congo pinball.

Quoted from Squeakman:

but many are coming around to my way of thinking these days.

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

I am getting a chip puller today and going to try and re seat the Asic chip. Wish me luck.

Good luck!

#53 7 years ago

You can rebuild it, better, stronger, faster! Good luck!

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have got a bunch of pm's about selling but I am going to try and fix it. Any repair people in NE Ohio want to come over and make a few bucks??? I am getting a chip puller today and going to try and re seat the Asic chip. Wish me luck.
    I do have a big hammer here in the garage and I am not afraid to use it. LOL
    I hate having problems with games.

I found Milwaukee Sawzalls work better on Congo's

#55 7 years ago

Congo's have been hot for the last year or so and jumped quite a bit in price, and not easily to find. So I guess supply and demand like with all games, plus a great game flow with one of the coolest multiball kickouts really made this game come to light out of the closet. Condition pending of course they have been recently selling anywhere from 2.5k - 4.8k.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

From what I've seen, $2,100 is a fair price for a working Congo.

Nah. These things are pretty rare and sell for way more. Jrivelli getting $3500 is proof.

#57 7 years ago

It's not actually. One sale isn't proof of anything.

Quoted from markmon:

Nah. These things are pretty rare and sell for way more. Jrivelli getting $3500 is proof.

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Then what about the other sale on pinside for $3,100? Or another locally here that just went for $2,500 in routed shape?

Don't me start searching....

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have got a bunch of pm's about selling but I am going to try and fix it. Any repair people in NE Ohio want to come over and make a few bucks??? I am getting a chip puller today and going to try and re seat the Asic chip. Wish me luck.
    I do have a big hammer here in the garage and I am not afraid to use it. LOL
    I hate having problems with games.

Wish I was closer

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

It's a bummer if you can't afford the prices of pins. But that doesn't change the market. If we can sell them for ~$3500 then yes, that's the market.

#61 7 years ago

A fellow pinsider is going to come over and take a look at the game. The good news is it no longer re booting it just won't boot up at all so I hope it will be easier to track down what is wrong.

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

A fellow pinsider is going to come over and take a look at the game. The good news is it no longer re booting it just won't boot up at all so I hope it will be easier to track down what is wrong.

Check up front in the auxiliary power supply. The Varistor (sp) or thermistor could have been going bad and finally died.

#63 7 years ago

You are quoting a few high sales, I can quote a few low sales... again, so what?

Quoted from jrivelli:

Then what about the other sale on pinside for $3,100? Or another locally here that just went for $2,500 in routed shape?

This quote sums you up in a nutshell. You have this NEED to feel superior over people. You don't know me, how many pins I have, or what I do for a living. Yet, it makes you feel so good to assume I can't afford them and you can, doesn't it? This is probably the 100th time you've made a comment like this. I think Congo is a $2,100 game. I'm sure it's sold for more, but trying to find a correlation between that and my income is kinda insane, right?

Oh wait, just like the other 100 times, you're just joking? This is your sense of humor.

Quoted from markmon:

It's a bummer if you can't afford the prices of pins. But that doesn't change the market.

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

Sounds more and more like the 5v Bridge and Cap

#65 7 years ago

My friend brought over his CPU board and it fired right up sat in attract mode for 10 minutes no reset.

We took out the Asic chip on my board and bent the prongs to make sure we had good contact put it back in and still resetting.

We then put his Asic chip on my board and it would reset for a split second played 2 games and it maybe reset 3 times.

Could the game roms on the CPU need replacing? Could they cause resetting?

I feel a little better knowing we are getting close. I put the hammer back in the garage for now

Any thoughts as to where to go next? You guys will make a repair guy out of me when this is all over

#66 7 years ago

Actually, scratch that. You guys just replaced the CPU board and left the same Power Driver in and it worked well?

#67 7 years ago

My friend just brought over the 1 board. I don't know squat about boards. Every time I touch one I have screwed something up so I just let him do what he wanted to try to try and fix my game. Did we do something wrong that we should have not done?

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

Did we do something wrong that we should have not done?

No, not at all. That just makes the possibility of it being a BR and Cap issue on the power/driver board very slim. Did you use the same connectors and ribbon cables that were in your game when you guys hooked up?

#69 7 years ago

Yes we did.

Could the roms have anything to do with power?

#70 7 years ago

We need LTG back in here or Robert to show up with some good advice. They always seem to be 'the man' with these sort of things.

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

My friend brought over his CPU board and it fired right up sat in attract mode for 10 minutes no reset.
    We took out the Asic chip on my board and bent the prongs to make sure we had good contact put it back in and still resetting.
    We then put his Asic chip on my board and it would reset for a split second played 2 games and it maybe reset 3 times.
    Could the game roms on the CPU need replacing? Could they cause resetting?
    I feel a little better knowing we are getting close. I put the hammer back in the garage for now
    Any thoughts as to where to go next? You guys will make a repair guy out of me when this is all over

The game roms can't cause resetting. If it were me, I might reflow the solder on the CPU board power connector pins. Otherwise, its time to get the CPU board schematic out and start figuring out what's involved in the power and watchdog circuit. If you want your game working ASAP, you can buy a new CPU board, get yours fixed and sell yours off after.

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

This quote sums you up in a nutshell. You have this NEED to feel superior over people. You don't know me, how many pins I have, or what I do for a living. Yet, it makes you feel so good to assume I can't afford them and you can, doesn't it? This is probably the 100th time you've made a comment like this. I think Congo is a $2,100 game. I'm sure it's sold for more, but trying to find a correlation between that and my income is kinda insane, right?
    Oh wait, just like the other 100 times, you're just joking? This is your sense of humor.

Except I never said any of this. Where did I say I can afford anything or talk about myself at all? I am assuming you can't afford them because you are often extremely low on every price thread which shows you are in emotional disbelief regarding current market prices. Congo is a less than a week sale over $3000. If you can buy them at $2100, keep doing that and flipping them.

1 week later
    #75 7 years ago

Speaking of this thread, what's the latest on your game BowlingJim?

#76 7 years ago

I have someone coming to look at it this weekend hope he can figure out what is needed to fix it.

#77 7 years ago

You'll get it going man. We've all been there.

Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have someone coming to look at it this weekend hope he can figure out what is needed to fix it.

Flip? Because I don't overpay? My selling history on Pinside is readily available. I think I'm really fair. It's been years since it's been easy to buy pinballs at a steal. So, if I can't really get them cheap, and I sell them reasonably, what exactly am I flipping?

Quoted from markmon:

Sweet. Maybe buy that to flip locally out here.

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

You'll get it going man. We've all been there.

Flip? Because I don't overpay? My selling history on Pinside is readily available. I think I'm really fair. It's been years since it's been easy to buy pinballs at a steal. So, if I can't really get them cheap, and I sell them reasonably, what exactly am I flipping?

I don't think the flipping comment was meant to be taking negatively. nothing wrong with flipping a pin at all. Buy it for that price and move it over here in the PNW for 3200~+. Nothing wrong with that!

#79 7 years ago

Almost all of my WPC-95 reset issues have been related to the Z connector. Try resetting the Z connector several times.

#80 7 years ago

I did not see a Z connector on my game. I looked.

I have done this on a couple of other games and it worked but there is not one on my game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 8,600.00
    Pinball Machine
    ELVIRA PREMIUM Out of stock
    The Pinball Place
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    $ 189.99
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Nerd Decals
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 159.00
    Tools
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.45
    Gameroom - Decorations
    KAHR.US Circuits
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 229.99
    $ 7,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 159.00
    There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside