image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231104-171013-461 (resized).png
IMG_3225 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3224 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3227 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3211 (resized).jpeg
There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 8 months ago

Progress pics. I've decided to to do the backbox back and top in black instead of the purple. The back of the main cabinet was black so this makes sense to me. I guess I could have done the back of cabinet in purple so the two matched but I like the look of black. It can always be changed to the original color if I decide it needs to look more like the game originally came. Tumbled all the parts from inside the cabinet.

IMG_3211 (resized).jpegIMG_3211 (resized).jpegIMG_3228 (resized).jpegIMG_3228 (resized).jpeg
#252 8 months ago

The backbox decals have been installed.

IMG_3227 (resized).jpegIMG_3227 (resized).jpeg
#253 8 months ago

And some more progress on the playfield the left ramp and mini playfield have been installed. The skill shot wire form and lamp board are in.

IMG_3224 (resized).jpegIMG_3224 (resized).jpegIMG_3225 (resized).jpegIMG_3225 (resized).jpegIMG_3226 (resized).jpegIMG_3226 (resized).jpeg
#254 8 months ago

Looking forward to playing soon.

Ill bring beer if by chance you like beer.

#255 8 months ago

Nice! Any thoughts of doing the CPR faces?
Those ball guides are so yellowed .

#256 8 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Looking forward to playing soon.
Ill bring beer if by chance you like beer.

I do like beer! Looking forward to playing it with you soon(ish).

#257 8 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Nice! Any thoughts of doing the CPR faces?
Those ball guides are so yellowed .

Thought about getting them but decided the original faces were good enough. Although I didn't realize the cpr faces came with the ball guides, had I known I probably would have got the faces from them. I got the plastics and mini playfield from cpr.

#258 8 months ago

Any chance you remember what color you used to touch up the light blue on your playfield?

Screenshot_20231104-171013-461 (resized).pngScreenshot_20231104-171013-461 (resized).png
#259 8 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Any chance you remember what color you used to touch up the light blue on your playfield?
[quoted image]

Custom color automotive paint that I mixed and eye matched.

#260 8 months ago

More progress, the playfield is nearing completion. This game was missing the gate/switch for the entry on the heart ramp I'll have to find or make one of those. It was also missing the wire form for the ball redirect near the spinner. The mounting bracket for that was also broken, so something else I will have to find/repair/make.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#261 8 months ago

Still a few things to do but a before and after pick of the populated playfield.

IMG_2339 (resized).jpegIMG_2339 (resized).jpegIMG_3236 (resized).jpegIMG_3236 (resized).jpeg
#262 8 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

if by chance you like beer.

Is a snake's asshole close to the ground?

#263 8 months ago

Its come a long way and looks great. Any plans to replace the yellowed lane guides on the face or they staying as is?

#264 8 months ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Its come a long way and looks great. Any plans to replace the yellowed lane guides on the face or they staying as is?

They are staying as is for now. I don't want to take apart the face mech again at this point. I didn't know that new ones were available. Now that I do I will will get some and replace them in the future.

#265 8 months ago

Cleaned up the boards and reinstalled. New lock and backglass trim. This thing is getting very close to a point where I can turn it on and start to test everything and make the game function properly. New gates for the heart ramp and the pop bumper entrance/exit have been ordered so they should be here soon.

IMG_3264 (resized).jpegIMG_3264 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#266 8 months ago

It's alive! First time I turned it on I had an issue with the 5 volts. So the only thing that came on when I turned it on was the modification to the game. Ha! The light up flipper buttons.

IMG_3271 (resized).jpegIMG_3271 (resized).jpeg
#267 8 months ago

It took a little while and some help from friends but I was able to track down the issue with the 5 volts. The bridge rectifier was bad at BR2 so I replaced that, still nothing. The capacitor at C5 was suspect so I replaced that. Still nothing. The issue ended up being the trace between the the rectifier and capacitor so I ran a jumper and this resolved my issue. Now just need to test/adjust/repair everything to get this game playing properly.

IMG_3277 (resized).jpegIMG_3277 (resized).jpegIMG_3279 (resized).jpegIMG_3279 (resized).jpeg
#268 8 months ago

Doug, Awesome work as usual. I can't wait to see what's next.

#269 8 months ago

Congratulations buddy. Beers on me

#270 8 months ago

It is going to need some play testing.

#271 8 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

It is going to need some play testing.

I can help with that

Truly amazing from what you started with.

#272 8 months ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

I can help with that
Truly amazing from what you started with.

Thank you! You are welcome to come play it anytime.

#273 8 months ago

Played my first game on it tonight. Put up 8.7 million. Took notes on things that need adjustment. The face is rotating and finding home properly but the eyes and mouth switches need to be adjusted, they are not registering properly. No sound but I assume that's just wiring as the speaker wires looked suspect.The lights on the left side of the helmet are not working. And the kickout to the shooter lane needs adjustment as it doesn't always feed the ball to the shooter lane smoothly and sometimes requires a few attempts to get it there. But considering I just got the game to boot yesterday I think the list of things to do to get the game playing correctly is fairly small. I should be able to get this playing good soonish.

IMG_3290 (resized).jpegIMG_3290 (resized).jpeg
#274 8 months ago

Wow. Amazing job. Thanks for posting the progress for us to follow!!

#275 8 months ago

Re-flowing solder joints on a few of the boards mounted to the bottom of the playfield resolved some issues. Switches on face mech adjusted and registering correctly. Sound issue was easy, just fixing bad wires and new connectors. Left side of helmet lighting was just a bad solder joint, fixed. Game is functioning near 100%, just needs more play testing. I put up 12 million tonight.

#276 8 months ago

The bride and the side now live next to each other.

IMG_3293 (resized).jpegIMG_3293 (resized).jpeg
#277 8 months ago

Pretty sweet Doug

#278 8 months ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

Pretty sweet Doug

Thank you! Come check it out and play it sometime.

2 weeks later
#279 7 months ago

Where did you get the cabinet decals?

#280 7 months ago

I only found them available from two places. The place in Germany (which appeared to not have any of the Williams logos on them). And the eBay seller (which is classic arcades). These were the only two options I found that were available. I asked around but that never led me to any other options that were available. Given those two options I went with the classic arcades set because they were cheaper, shipping was cheaper and I wanted the Williams logos on my game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Burnsville, MN
$ 27.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Gratiot Township, MI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.