You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8589124877_860d645cc4_b.jpg
bride2.jpg
bride1.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Wifey is not that excited, but I am! This is a pin that I played in high school at the local bowling alley and now have it in my possession. I finally worked it all out with a local collector that I've known for a while and he and a buddy delivered it yesterday. Here are some quick pics:

bride1.jpgbride1.jpg bride2.jpgbride2.jpg

#2 10 years ago

It's in really nice cosmetic shape and the only mechanical issue is the head gets confused every once in awhile. Solder was reflowed, but I might need to replace the switch...

#3 10 years ago

Nice! That is on the short list of games to add to the gameroom. It is actually my girlfriend's pick since she really likes the game.

#4 10 years ago

Congrats...I say this every time I see one, but I miss mine!

#5 10 years ago

Congrats on the pickup! I just got mine a few weeks back too.

Any quick way to change the flashers on the sides of the veil on the head without taking the whole thing apart?

#6 10 years ago

Congrats Man , i v picked up my bop too maybe 1 month ago , this game is so cool !!

#7 10 years ago

Great game! Looks to be in nice shape. I love mine, a ton of fun to play. Congrats.

#8 10 years ago

Looks good. Have fun !

#9 10 years ago

Just played a bunch of BOP on Pinball Arcade this morning. The real thing is much more fun. Congrats!

#10 10 years ago

nice still has reds on the right side of the cab, how about the left?

#11 10 years ago

Love my bride , fun game !

#12 10 years ago

Thanks guys. I haven't had a whole lot of time to play it yet as I'm headed out of town for a week tomorrow. But she will get the proper break-in when I return!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Just played a bunch of BOP on Pinball Arcade this morning. The real thing is much more fun. Congrats!

Yeah, my kids love it on the Pinball Arcade. We all prefer the real thing!

Quoted from calvin12:

nice still has reds on the right side of the cab, how about the left?

Both sides still have red- it's in really nice shape. No playfield wear either. I'll snap some better pics when I return from my trip.

#14 10 years ago

Congrats, nice score

#15 10 years ago

Nice pickup! Love the Bride. Looks pretty nice.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

Any quick way to change the flashers on the sides of the veil on the head without taking the whole thing apart?

Nope. It's not THAT bad to pull the helmet assembly off though.

#16 10 years ago

Awesome!!!!
My God she's alive

#17 10 years ago

Congrats! BoP is a great pin. I'm on my 3rd one now....

#18 10 years ago

Great game! Enjoy!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Congrats on the pickup! I just got mine a few weeks back too.

There is no quick way but it's not hard at all....a few screws and it lifts right off....than just the screws holding the flasher covers in. When I LED mine this was a snap compared to some other lighting to get to.

GREAT pick up....you will enjoy her...and she will enjoy you...the bride that is!

#20 10 years ago

You'll love your bride! Getting Metamorphosis never gets old!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from OldTymeToys:

This is a pin that I played in high school at the local bowling alley and now have it in my possession.

Same here, though mine was at a local pizza place. Bride was my first pin and will never leave the collection.

Congrats on getting one! Now if only the new DMD software by Dutch Pinball would be publicly released. . .

#22 10 years ago

Glad I was able to get this to someone that will really appreciate it. Thanks for making the transaction smooth as butter.

#23 10 years ago

Looking forward to getting one myself one day. Has been on my list for a while. Congrats.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

You'll love your bride! Getting Metamorphosis never gets old!

So true! My wife felt the same way originally about the Bride but now it is one of her favorite games! Congrads from an Avella Pa guy now living in FLA!

#25 10 years ago

Has anyone here ever made the "Back Door Billion" ?

10 loop combo I believe!

No, I haven't.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Glad I was able to get this to someone that will really appreciate it. Thanks for making the transaction smooth as butter.

Thanks again Frank! I'll be up your way to play your pins soon enough.

#27 10 years ago

I'm so mad that I have to be out of town on business until Sunday! I want to get back to play her!

#28 10 years ago

Congrats! My faher-in-law loves his Bride also!

8589124877_860d645cc4_b.jpg8589124877_860d645cc4_b.jpg

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Congrats! My faher-in-law loves his Bride also!

Picture is pretty uncanny. Sold my bride to fund the machine to the left. Going to get it tonight! Can't wait!!! Today is dragging...

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from OldTymeToys:

Thanks again Frank! I'll be up your way to play your pins soon enough.

I will be waiting!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Has anyone here ever made the "Back Door Billion" ?
10 loop combo I believe!
No, I haven't.

Yep. With the glass off, hitting the switch by hand to see if would really post.

#32 10 years ago

It's a 50 loop combo... I have gotten 25+ on just the right loop many times thinking I had it, but nope..

#33 10 years ago

wow, the right loop is hard on that game.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Yep. With the glass off, hitting the switch by hand to see if would really post.

LOL

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from ranchdrsn:

It's a 50 loop combo... I have gotten 25+ on just the right loop many times thinking I had it, but nope..

Just got it on pinball arcade!!

4 loop combo, then the loop counter resets and you have to make a.....
5 loop combo, then the loop counter resets and you have to make a.....
6 loop combo, then the loop counter resets and you have to make a.....
7 loop combo, then the loop counter resets and you have to make a.....
8 loop combo, then the loop counter resets and you have to make a.....
9 loop combo, then the loop counter resets and you have to make a.....
10 loop! Backdoor Billion!!!!

Doing the math, you could actually do it in 49 consecutive shots. I did not do it that way but did accomplish it over the course of a game. I wonder how much harder it will be to get this done on the real thing?

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Doing the math, you could actually do it in 49 consecutive shots. I did not do it that way but did accomplish it over the course of a game. I wonder how much harder it will be to get this done on the real thing?

In the game settings you can adjust the number of loops the counter starts at. So, you can start it at 10 (or perhaps only 9, I'll need to check).

#37 10 years ago

It isn't easy to get that many over and over. I can get heartbeat ramps quite a few times on the real machine, but the left and right loops (especially the right) is tougher. It will often come back from one and hit the slings ending the combo. Might have to try in TPA but would rather do it on the real thing.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Might have to try in TPA but would rather do it on the real thing.

....Well when The Pinball Arcade is all you got......

I did it with heartbeat ramps almost exclusively.

A couple weeks ago, I had some time on the real thing and I was able to hit the heartbeat ramp quite a few times consecutively. (never really played that strategy before) I have always focused on the shuttle ramp and getting metamorphosis. Now I think the repeated loop on the heartbeat ramp is a quick scoring method. You start making unlimited millions on the third loop! I clobbered the guys I was playing against. But now they know my secret. I think I made it through the 6 loop combo before she (The Bride) decided to stop being nice to me.

I avoid the right loop like the plague!

#39 10 years ago

The right loop has a reverse bonus jackpot lighting feature, and in TPA I've gotten it on reverse once or twice, but never on the real thing, not sure how it's even possible, definitely not on a flipper shot as i've had happen in the game.

The glass is off my machine so I just tried pressing the left loop switch until it hit. Might have to make this a new strategy as I have a tougher time with the shuttle ramp on the real machine. It's also not fully set up properly yet. I have new ramps and cliffy's for it, but am waiting for some other things, including some PF rework or replace before I use those.

#40 10 years ago

Implementing the Heartbeat ramp strategy easily doubled my previous high score on that machine. I'm sticking with that until my competition gets good at completing the billion point shot during metamorphosis. They can go for it all they want but my million point shot, one after another blows them away otherwise.

The other thing I try to do is complete four left loops quickly to light extra ball. It is available after every drain!

I've hit that reverse loop on the right to advance bonus, but only on accident.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 9.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-new-bride-has-arrived and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.