Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pingod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider absocountry2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago

Do you have pictures of the pf with a sticker? Would be nice to see that.

#8 11 years ago

I suspect we will hear if they were stickers or not. If I was accused of using stickers on a high end resto and it was not true, I would be looking for a public apology and slander charges. If true that would not be the case.

People cannot accuse people/business of these kind of things without backing it up.

#11 11 years ago

I was curious if HSA used stickers on pf resto's as mentioned above. The short answer on TAF stickers is he has never used them. He has cleared over the work others had done with an overlay. He will no longer do that even if the person wants it done. Here is his complete answer with permission to post here.

"So to answer the questions about the recently restored playfields that I just finished (Bob's Medieval Madness and Aaron's Embryon):

Bob's MM http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa143.html - No overlays or stickers were used to cover playfield wear. Some of the insert text was silk screened back on the playfield and the rest of the playfield was either airbrushed painted or hand painted back on.

Aaron's Embryon playfield http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa142.html - Again no overlays or stickers were used. Everything was hand painted or airbrushed.

Addams Family - ??? I have restored a lot over the years. I can not remember using any overlays or stickers to cover any wear. I do, however, remember doing a few Addams Family playfields from several years ago that was basically a clear coat only job and the owners used Jeff M (Classic Arcades) mansion overlay to cover it. They installed it and I clear coated the playfield basically. I will no longer do this EVEN if they request it.

I have anyways been a person against using playfield overlays and large decals to fix a playfield. I get emails all the time from people wanting me to clear coat on top of a playfield overlay and I tell all of them NO. I do know that the other guys will clear coat over playfield overlays. Actually one of the other guys just did an Earthshaker overlay. It's actually on the other guys website.

Every restorer (myself, Playfield Renovations, Bill Davis, etc) has used insert decals or water slide decals to fix inserts. I do try to avoid using insert decals and I now have small silk screened masks that I use to fix the more common inserts on certain playfields (MM, MB, etc).

Even heavy worn playfields like this EK http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa122.html - is restored without using any stickers, decals, overlays, etc.

The one thing to remember about me (HSA) is that I am not a ONE person operation. I run an auto body shop and have access to a real spray booth. I have a staff of artist who do my airbrushing and paint touchups. My current artists are much better than my old guys that I used to use 5-8 years ago. I have changed some of my procedures and the type of products that I used to increase the overall quality of the restorations.

Brian @ HSA
www.hsapinball.com"

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Again I never said "Overlay".

You are correct, you said "sticker." Brian from HSA said overlay, not me. If you pay attention to the details you will see I posted his reply. I asked if he ever used "stickers" and referenced this thread. I simply posted his reply.

He has never used overlays or stickers but had clear coated work from others that had done that in the past. It was at the customers request to coat it and will no longer do that even if requested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider absocountry2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-mm-playfield-is-on-the-way-back-from-hsa?tu=absocountry2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.