(Topic ID: 301294)

My method for Add-A-Ball Free Play on 1976 Bank Shot ?

By AndyBrescia

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have not seen this , but it works for me, wondering if there is a problem with this method. I run a jumper from one side of the coin switch in the door to one side of the start / credit button in the door. When the button is pressed, the coin switch adds a credit and the credit switch at the same time starts a game. My only concern is that this method will always keep the credit hold relay activated. Since it is a hold relay, I would think that shouldn't be a problem since it is not in an arcade that is on 8 hours a day.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from AndyBrescia:

I have not seen this , but it works for me, wondering if there is a problem with this method. I run a jumper from one side of the coin switch in the door to one side of the start / credit button in the door. When the button is pressed, the coin switch adds a credit and the credit switch at the same time starts a game. My only concern is that this method will always keep the credit hold relay activated. Since it is a hold relay, I would think that shouldn't be a problem since it is not in an arcade that is on 8 hours a day.

Yes, that’s correct and commonly the way we recommend most people do it. Thank you for not adding a doorbell or some other crazy sh!t.
It won’t cause any issues as you mentioned, the hold relay is meant to hold for long periods of time such as in an arcade all day

Great job, enjoy your game!

#3 2 years ago

To avoid having the relay on, you can locate the switch on the relay that powers the start relay and just jumper that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Venice, Florida, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-method-for-add-a-ball-free-play-on-1976-bank-shot- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.