• 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Bren-E
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0017 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffsarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hey all,

So I went to play my Metallica yesterday and noticed not 1, but 3 different buzzing sounds! Any idea how I can fix them?

1) Left-flipper buzz - really loud and strong. I could feel it through my fingers and in my arm! I will try tightening and adjuzting the coil, etc. this morning.

2) Internal subwoofer hum. I have an external sub hooked up with the Pinovator's kit. Is there an easy way to disconnect the internal sub without cutting any wires?

3) Hammer magnet buzz. When I engage the hammer lock, the hammer magnet will buzz until I lock a ball.

Any ideas on how to fix these?

#2 7 years ago

Well, it looks like all my magnets buzz when engaged, as well as the post behind Sparky so I am going to assume that's normal.

Still trying to figure out the flipper buzz. It's REALLY loud.

#6 7 years ago

Thanks for the info!

It had been fine since I got it a couple months ago. Just last night is started buzzing and it was strong and loud. I heard it over the music (I have the volume set at 42) and I had to pull my hand away suddenly because it almost felt like a light shock. I'm not sure what exactly to adjust on the coil.

#8 7 years ago

So I went to adjust the left flipper to try and reduce the buzz and... the right flipper now buzzes. I have been playing the game with the volume all the way down and the glass off since last night during testing and this is the first time the right flipper has buzzed.

Left flipper is a much louder buzz, though.

Sorry for the dumb question, but what do you mean by "plunger"? I'm not sure where to file.

#11 7 years ago

Got it! Thanks for your help PunkPin!

#12 7 years ago

Update:

I think the low humming is coming from my power supply. Is that normal for SAM games? I don;t think I heard it on my KISS.

The flippers do buzz (and you can't hear it during play when the music is on), but the left flipper does get very loud sometimes. If I shake the machine it will mostly go back to normal buzzing. Still need to get in there and adjust/reseat the coil.

#14 7 years ago

Thanks! I'll check that. It seems like it's coming from the cabinet, though. I'll make sure today.

4 weeks later
#15 7 years ago

Still having issues with the left flipper buzz being super loud. I have a video... can it be attached to a post? It's a MOV.

I have tried loosening and then re-tightening the coil stop as close to the coil as possible.

I've tried to put a little piece of paper towel inside the coil.

I've tried leveling the machine in both directions.

Any other ideas?

It's really frustrating.

#17 7 years ago

Here it is...

#21 7 years ago

It is not coming out of the speakers. Could it be a bad coil? I took the entire flipper coil apart and put it back together.

The magnet buzz, from what I found out, is normal... like the normal flipper buzz. I just heard it when I turned the sound down to check the ridiculously loud flipper buzz.

1 month later
#23 7 years ago

So I'm still having the loud buzzing.

However, last weekend, the left flipper was back to normal buzzing and the right flipper started to buzz really loudly! If I jiggled the right flipper button, then the buzzing would go back and forth from loud to normal.

And of course today, the left flipper is buzzing loud again and the right is back to normal.

Could this not be related to the flipper mechanisms?

I have tried loosening and retightening every bolt or screw on the flipper mechs including the coil stop. I have tried the paper towel bit inside the coil.

I am lost. lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffsarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-metallica-is-buzzing-all-over?tu=jeffsarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.