Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RobKnapp
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

008.jpg
    007.jpg
    006.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

It is a newer lcd version not the crt one. It was working but simply will not power on at all now. Tried changing the power cord and other outlets and no luck. The journey begins!!! Any suggestions?

#2 8 years ago

Power supply is bad.

#3 8 years ago

There were some TSB's for the ion Series. One of them involved a jumper wire on the power supply to assist in resetting when powered on.

IIRC, when the power supply is defective, the bill acceptor and GI (Merit Logo on the taller/non-Elite Edge Ion version) still illuminates when powered up. Make sure 115vac is getting inside the game (outlet, line cord) and check the main fuse.

#4 8 years ago

and if mother board is bad nothing will come on except whatever is hard wired to 120 v (bill acceptor, etc).
    power supply goes to mother board and mother board must turn everything on. even if power supply is perfect, still need mother board to boot. same with all the pcs in raw thrill games etc.

#5 8 years ago

My power supply went bad on my crt one, fan stopped working and overheated.

#6 8 years ago

ok well I tried it in an outlet in my house and it is working now. I had it in a pool hall and the owner said she tried it in another outlet and it still did not work. So do I suspect her outlets or the machine? Or both?

#7 8 years ago

Also this has been a thing since I bought it a month ago. Once you turn it on the screen freezes after about 10 minutes. If you power it off and on again it seems to not freeze again. I guess it warms up. Is there something I can do to fix this?

#8 8 years ago

There is another TSB where Merit gave you (at no charge) a larger CPU fan/heatsing assembly. The symptom described is game freezing after 10 minutes on. Then no powering up until cooled off. Since Merit is out of business, you'll have to ask distributors if they have any laying around or fabricate something on your own.

#9 8 years ago

Ok thanks. I do get the freezing after 10 minutes but I just turn it off and on right away and then it works fine after. I don't have the "Then no powering up until cooled off." symptom.

#10 8 years ago

What platform is it, Force or Ion? Should say when it boots up with the progress bar.

Either way, it's probably the motherboard. They're all going bad. I repair a couple of these a week for machines that I refurbish/sell. I don't really do it as a service but would consider it if you want to send it (just the board, not the game) my way.

Ryan
    (jestersamusementsllc.com)

#11 8 years ago

Prob caps on the motherboard going bad.

#12 8 years ago

It is a Force. Froze on the progress bar screen this time.

006.jpg006.jpg

007.jpg007.jpg

008.jpg008.jpg

#13 8 years ago

Open the unit and look at the motherboard and I bet there are caps on the board that are bulging at the top and not flat.

#14 8 years ago

Call Joe at Tech support 1-800-523-2760.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-megatouch-wont-turn-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.