image_4.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 8 years ago

Just played my bud at NFL blitz...(bills vs. Jaguars ... )......he got me on the last play.... ........so Bills win in a few hours...........Joey

#152 8 years ago

I've got a local MAME owner who is coming over today and will crack this thing open and help me reach its full potential

#153 8 years ago

Had the brother in law over last night and played one of my favorites:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Just played my bud at NFL blitz...(bills vs. Jaguars ... )......he got me on the last play.... ........so Bills win in a few hours...........Joey

On the last play on NFL Blitz?! What a shocker.

1 week later
#155 8 years ago

Any local nor cal guys build or have a nice mame for sale?

1 week later
#156 8 years ago

Bumping the thread! Its a great topic

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I built a bomber themed cab that now resides elsewhere. I missed it but didn't feel like going through all that ass pain again so I purchased materials from recroommasters.com and a Tankstick from X-Arcade. Coupled with a cheap flatscreen and a modded XBox, I'm in business again.
image.jpg

Mudflaps, What Xbox did you use? I've had a modded original for years & was thinking of doing the same as you using that, but I also have a 360 that I could use.

#158 8 years ago

I used a modded original. Upgraded hard drive with CoinOps, Visionary, and a bunch of other stuff. Works great and super cheap.

#159 8 years ago

How'd you connect to the LCD monitor? Just composite?
Was it a PITA configuring the Tankstick? Do the games have to be configured independently?

#160 8 years ago

I just used a regular HDTV with component cables. Tankstick is idiot proof and connects directly to the XBox. Every game is mapped the same, so essentially the Tankstick works like a flattened XBox controller. No configuration needed.

#161 8 years ago

Sweet. I'm going to have to get a tankstick & try it out. Maybe making the cab will be a winter project.

3 weeks later
#162 8 years ago

Upgraded my computer. 4 TBs of games in an external hard drive now running the newest version of Hyperspin with a great graphics card. Plays all the arcade games plus NES, SNES, 64, Sega, game cube, dream cast and two dozen other systems. I have an Xbox wireless receiver and four Xbox controllers to play systems like the Dreamcast, PSP and GameCube.

Been playing around with Rainmeter for the display.

Have a hdmi splitter to play the MAME games on my den tv using the wireless controllers.

We are putting in led buttons next.

image.jpegimage.jpeg
image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg
image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg
image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg
image_4.jpegimage_4.jpeg
image_5.jpegimage_5.jpeg

1 month later
#163 8 years ago

It's so sexy!!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#164 8 years ago

#165 8 years ago

Looks great! Did you do RGB LEDs or just single color?
I'm making a new MAME setup from an used showcase cab. I'm gonna start with just 2 player setup with 1 gun, then add a second gun later. I'd be tempted to add couple more stick (4 player) later down the road.

Do you have any guns? I'd love to get feedback on them.

#166 8 years ago

I went rgb on players 1-4 buttons and color matched for each player. I'll prob go led joysticks next.

I have two light guns. Bit of a pain to set up but work great now.

I just swapped out the speakers that came with the arcade:

1 month later
#167 8 years ago

It's coming along nicely. Got a kickass intro video loaded for Hyperspin and I'm messing around with LED Blinky:

#168 8 years ago

I dig it!

9 months later
#169 7 years ago

bumping thread, been getting requests for builds when I get back from deployment. This thread has a lot of good examples of systems people may want in near future.

There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-marvel-mame-arcade-just-arrived/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.