Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 7.43.10 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 7.51.58 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 7.39.25 AM (resized).png
IMG_8484 (resized).PNG
image3 (resized).JPG
image2 (resized).JPG
image1 (resized).JPG
IMGA0985 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 7 years ago

I LOVE how the pf art is continued on the apron for BOP. I'm in for sure.

6511a8d93a6e0b0a48fddff4f5bcbcffd9fe1c38 (resized).jpg6511a8d93a6e0b0a48fddff4f5bcbcffd9fe1c38 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#121 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Look what I came home too!

Great.....I hope there's more pictures.

2 weeks later
#159 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

One additional request, Popeye. That apron is begging for some water under the front of the boat.

Yeah a nice coral reef with a bunch of colorful fish of different sizes.

2 weeks later
#224 7 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Got mine in this morning. Didn't drop the apron or cut the art. Looks amazing thanks. Tim

That's one tricked out WH2O.

#247 7 years ago

Mine must be hung up in customs or something.

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

You might see it today. Shows in transit so its not hung up at a depot or customs.

Thanks.

#258 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Not sure why these are taking so long to get to some of you guys?

Mine's been in Chicago since the 19th with not delivery date sent. They must be walking it from Chicago.

#261 7 years ago

This is getting all tooooo strange. I think th PO is messin with NinJa. What did ya do to them that pissed um off.

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Guys, I'm as perplexed as you. I'm trying to sort it out.
Ill send out replacements if they don't show up this week.

Well there's nothing you can do about it but you might have to get after USPS for lost shipments.

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I've started a package search with USPS for a couple of the undelivered parcels. I'll keep you guys in the loop.

Sounds good thanks.

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Maybe the postal machines keep thinking these magnets are something else. I have it at 22 days till it got to me.
I say a little patience everyone. If your tracking number shows a package, it will get to you.

Oh I'm sure I'll get it but mine has been sitting in Chicago for almost 12 days not moving and I'm only about 350 miles from there. Which makes ya wonder what's going on.

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Immigration issues? Muslim Magnets?

Oh that's right....I forgot.

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I declared them as fridge magnets. I'm pretty sure they would see this on the X-ray?
I finally go through to someone at USPS! They weren't much help as the parcels are held up at US Customs
The gentlemen I spoke with stated that sometimes Customs will hold International packages for up to 25 days(business days) depending on the point of origin or the cost associated with the delivery of the parcel? He said he was confident that the packages will reach their intended destination. I do apologize to everyone waiting for their magnet mod. If anyone wants a refund just shoot me a PM.

Not to worry, my brother is a Customs agent and he said the same thing. Nothing to do but wait.

#299 7 years ago

I finally got my BoP and Getaway magnets today. They look great. Thanks BooT.

#301 7 years ago

When I put them on I'll see how my pictures turn out.

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

Mine showed up today to California as well. 28 days door to door---wow!

USPS delivers on Sunday.

#305 7 years ago
Quoted from Fourbyracer:

We have community secure boxes that they put packages in and then leave a key to the box in our mailbox. Works great. I got home from a trip on Sunday morning to find it had been delivered apparently Saturday because it wasn't there Friday.

I see.

#316 7 years ago

Got a few decent pics of Fish Tales.

Your game looks great. Is that a 3d tl?

#322 7 years ago

Hey guys here's an FYI. DO NOT....I repeat DO NOT put any kind of tape on these. I thought my BoP magnet had a laminate over it so I put a piece of painters tape on it for a measurement and the tape pulled the printing off. I'm getting my HS2 laminated. Live and learn.

IMGA0983 (resized).JPGIMGA0983 (resized).JPG
IMGA0984 (resized).JPGIMGA0984 (resized).JPG
IMGA0985 (resized).JPGIMGA0985 (resized).JPG

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Oh no! So sorry to hear this. What a bummer. Thanks for warning us though!

Thanks, hopefully some good came out of my misfortune.

#326 7 years ago

Thanks Paul-that is good Heads up to the group. I posted pictures of Fish Tales above. My playfield is so shiny the matt look of magnet apron needs a shine. I like the idea of laminating it. Please update when you do it.

Since the print doesn't adhere well to the magnet material my concern is that a laminate will act like a big piece of tape and pull all the printing off of the surface. Since my BoP apron is messed up I'll use that one as a test subject. Now to find the time to get it to the sign shop I use.

#328 7 years ago

Paul-I have a similar piece of material I was going to test a spray clear on. I'll update in couple days.

I hope the print doesn't run. I wish Bill would chime in on what the best solution would be..

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Paul, I got you covered. I'll get a replacement out in the mail tomorrow when I ship some other orders.
Originally, I wanted to go with laminated magnets. The original batch of prototype magnets are all art printed on vinyl decal laminated to magnet stock with high gloss 3M clear laminate on top to protect the art. Not going to lie, I really liked them. They were cheaper then my current magnets to produce, I got them locally rather then outsourcing, and the gloss really made them pop. The first order I received of multiple laminated magnets I noticed that the magnets had some scratches on them when I opened up the package. After talking to my printer he said to use a heat gun to get rid of them and that the high gloss laminate is susepatble to scratching. Only problem with heating the magnet with a heat gun is it causing the magnet to warp and curl at the edges. This doesn't happen instantly, over a period of months they will start warping and curling. All the magnets I used a heat gun on curled. I then tested some laminated magnets with a microfiber cloth and simply ran the cloth across the surface. This also caused scratching and swirling with very light wiping. My main concern was shipping and handling these without them getting to you guys with a bunch of scratches on them.
Thats when I started looking at direct print. They were much more durable, wipeable, handleable with out scratching, and I personally think look better. Once I seen the issue Paul was having, I grabbed a magnet and stuck a long piece of painters tape to it. I really finger banged it on there. I rubbed the tape on as good as I could. I tore one half off really fast and slowly tore the other half off. My results are in the pics. A very tiny piece of ink along the edge tore off. I think where the magnets are cut, the ink lifts at the edge of the cut just enough for the tape to get hold of and rip off. Any where else other then the edge the tape doesn't not pull off any ink. You couldnt scratch the ink off with your finger if you tried. I think the best thing is to stay away from using the tape when cutting. You can spray some clear on the magnets if you want a more glossy finish but that will make them easier to scratch. I have no problem offering to spray clear urethane on the magnets for a small charge but not sure that is the answer. Anyone else having troubles with there magnets let me know. I'll warranty any issues.

WOW Bill thank you soooo much. You really did some testing and your right I did pull the tape off starting on the edge. So you think a spray clear would be better then a laminate? What spray would you recommend? I've heard spray urethane can yellow over time.

3 weeks later
#345 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I kinda thought it was funny that Lerch's head was cut off being he is too tall. Here's the alternate.

You should have Thing and cousin It on there somewhere.

5 months later
#373 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I was stoked to put the T2 one in cart and make my purchase.... until it charged $30 for shipping. Pass for now I guess.

All shipping from Canada is bonkers, nothing we can do about it except order more then one.

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

No you know what every Canadian goes through when buying US goods lol. We get dinged huge shipping and exchange to boot.

Yup you guys REALLY get screwed. Don't you guys have a VAT tax too? Or is that just Europe? Some idiot here in congress suggested that for us. Idiot!

#378 6 years ago

I wonder if these were rolled and tube shipped if it wouldn't save money? If i remember right, he only liked to ship flat.

They can't be rolled, they're to thick and stiff, that would wreck them.

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Ahhh. I didn't realize these are coming from Canada. Makes sense now. International shipping costs are ridiculous. That's why I quit selling the people outside the US a few years ago on eBay. I felt bad how high the costs are.

All ya had to do was look under his name.

1 month later
#388 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

We have been working(slowly) on a few things and new mod(which will be ready hopefully this week).

Oh boy I wonder what it is.

1 month later
#399 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Guess what we are working on?

Don't know but it sure looks neat.

1 week later
#408 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

We kinda changed the direction we were going on this one. I left out the layers that we are still working on.

That would make a neat wall hanger.

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

50$ plus shipping

Have you ever put a clear laminent over it to give it a nice glossy shine?

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I tried spraying them with high gloss clear and the ink started blistering. I've had recent success with some new prototypes that have a high gloss clear laminate but they cost me about 25% more to produce. I'm going to do a small run of them to see how the feedback is.

I hope the laminate doesn't pull the ink up. I've been thinking about having it put on my Jackbot magnet. That would add a lot of visual impact to your great graphics.

1 week later
#425 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

You can’t put clear laminate on my existing magnets as they have raised ink. My new protos don’t have raised ink.

Good to know before I did something stupid. Thanks.

3 months later
#440 6 years ago

I don't have the game but I'd like one just for the art. How's that Jackbot piece coming along?

3 months later
#454 5 years ago

I have been in limited contact with him, he had major surgery a week or so ago and is recovering and he's not up to posting. Lets all keep him in our prayers.

#470 5 years ago

Bill it's soooooooo good to see you back on Pinside and posting again. I hope your Canadian medical ins. pays for it all. In the States unless you have top of the line ins. something like that could put you in the poor house.

4 months later
#482 5 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I'm getting my inventory updated on the website so if anyone wants to take advantage of the December deal just shoot me a PM!
Cheers!

Hows my Jackbot pf back board coming along?

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Mailed out the proto along with your backboard yesterday. Let me know when you get it.

Thanks. I'll let you know.

4 weeks later
#486 5 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Mailed out the proto along with your backboard yesterday. Let me know when you get it.

28 days ago. I still haven't gotten it. You sure you sent it to the right address? Can you check to see if it has been delivered?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-magnet-mod?tu=MustangPaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.