Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 7.43.10 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 7.51.58 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 7.39.25 AM (resized).png
IMG_8484 (resized).PNG
image3 (resized).JPG
image2 (resized).JPG
image1 (resized).JPG
IMGA0985 (resized).JPG
There are 501 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
#251 7 years ago

Looks like someone arrived late for the party.

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 8.48.37 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-01-24 at 8.48.37 AM (resized).png

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

I think I will drill new holes in the pf supports and drop the apron flush yet. Also I think it looks better hanging there then it would cut off.

The arch is def not supposed to be mounted up in the air like that,
should be sitting down on the wood,
as they are in all the rest of the games.

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

You might see it today. Shows in transit so its not hung up at a depot or customs.

Thanks.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

FT=Fish Throttle

Damn, too bad. If Full Throttle is in demand I sure want one. Your work is awesome.

#255 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Damn, too bad. If Full Throttle is in demand I sure want one. Your work is awesome.

Thanks

#256 7 years ago

Got mine today. Very happy with the product. Installation is very simple. Fit is very good. Here are some of my initial views.

20170128_144011 (resized).jpg20170128_144011 (resized).jpg

20170128_144022 (resized).jpg20170128_144022 (resized).jpg

One thing that I think should be mentioned, is that once the lockbar is in place, some of the beautiful artwork will be hidden from your field of view. Not much, but some. I just wanted to mention that as it was something I hadn't really thought of. Depending on how much you lean forward or back when you play you will see more or less of your new magnet mod. Here's a side by side comparison shot from the same perspective with the lockbar on and off;

WH2Osidebyside (resized).pngWH2Osidebyside (resized).png

Overall, the quality of the product is very high. Durable, colourful and detailed. I have some fit issues around the shoot gauge where I can see some paint peeking through but this is very minor. I think this is a very worthwhile mod that will give your game a finished look. I thought I'd miss the look of the apron cards and the original Williams apron, but once the magnet mod was installed I forgot about them almost instantly and I have no plans on removing the mod.

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Got mine today. Very happy with the product. Installation is very simple. Fit is very good. Here are some of my initial views.

I'm shocked it took so long! I'll send a replacement for the damaged magnet. I wont cut out the shooter on this one so you can cut it out to your liking.

Not sure why these are taking so long to get to some of you guys? I will follow up with USPS tomorrow morning. Hopefully they start showing up this week. Any lost or damaged magnets will be replaced.

#258 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Not sure why these are taking so long to get to some of you guys?

Mine's been in Chicago since the 19th with not delivery date sent. They must be walking it from Chicago.

#259 7 years ago

Mine was held up in customs Florida for a week. I'm in CA, got it a couple days ago.
Let me get a picture and post.

#260 7 years ago

Mines been in Chicago since the 19th. I'm in Chicago. It has not been delivered.

#261 7 years ago

This is getting all tooooo strange. I think th PO is messin with NinJa. What did ya do to them that pissed um off.

#262 7 years ago

Here's a quick pic...I'll get a better one soon, but very very pleased with how it looks!

IMG_7426 (resized).PNGIMG_7426 (resized).PNG

#263 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Here's a quick pic...I'll get a better one soon, but very very pleased with how it looks!

Thats a nice looking BOP! Where you get that topper?

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Mines been in Chicago since the 19th. I'm in Chicago. It has not been delivered.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

This is getting all tooooo strange. I think th PO is messin with NinJa. What did ya do to them that pissed um off.

Guys, I'm as perplexed as you. I'm trying to sort it out.

Ill send out replacements if they don't show up this week.

#265 7 years ago

In my experience, when stuff goes thru customs in the US, it 'disappears' from the postal tracking for awhile & can appear stuck. When my magnet went thru Chicago it showed that it had been processed by the Chicago USPS hub & then it didn't update for over a week. Then it abruptly showed up in Atlanta & onto DC/VA where it was delivered within a few days. So whereas something else could be going on here, it's probably customs taking their time. Def awesome once it shows up!

#266 7 years ago

I'm guessing Customs has been a little busy the last few days...

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Guys, I'm as perplexed as you. I'm trying to sort it out.
Ill send out replacements if they don't show up this week.

Well there's nothing you can do about it but you might have to get after USPS for lost shipments.

#268 7 years ago

I think a starship troopers would be awesome, from the artwork perspective. It is a theme you could have fun with. I would buy one. Freddy too!

#269 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well there's nothing you can do about it but you might have to get after USPS for lost shipments.

I've started a package search with USPS for a couple of the undelivered parcels. I'll keep you guys in the loop.

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I've started a package search with USPS for a couple of the undelivered parcels. I'll keep you guys in the loop.

Sounds good thanks.

#271 7 years ago

Maybe the postal machines keep thinking these magnets are something else. I have it at 22 days till it got to me.
I say a little patience everyone. If your tracking number shows a package, it will get to you.

#272 7 years ago

Shipping costs to Brazil?

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Maybe the postal machines keep thinking these magnets are something else. I have it at 22 days till it got to me.
I say a little patience everyone. If your tracking number shows a package, it will get to you.

Oh I'm sure I'll get it but mine has been sitting in Chicago for almost 12 days not moving and I'm only about 350 miles from there. Which makes ya wonder what's going on.

#274 7 years ago

Immigration issues? Muslim Magnets?

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Immigration issues? Muslim Magnets?

Oh that's right....I forgot.

#276 7 years ago

no joking around here. maybe the exray machines think these are something else??

#277 7 years ago

Mine took a while too. It eventually got here after a few weeks.

I had decals from Australia for Getaway get stuck in customs in NY for what seemed like forever. I actually called up there and spoke with postal employees.

When international packages are mailed at a certain rate, they have to hold a ton of it and send it forward in bulk. I'm certain it'll get where it needs to go but the delay is pretty annoying.

Also I recall shipping items to China and being told unless I paid a hefty f ing fee, no tracking would be available once it left the country of origin.

But as others can attest, the product is worth the wait.

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

no joking around here. maybe the exray machines think these are something else??

I declared them as fridge magnets. I'm pretty sure they would see this on the X-ray?

I finally go through to someone at USPS! They weren't much help as the parcels are held up at US Customs
The gentlemen I spoke with stated that sometimes Customs will hold International packages for up to 25 days(business days) depending on the point of origin or the cost associated with the delivery of the parcel? He said he was confident that the packages will reach their intended destination. I do apologize to everyone waiting for their magnet mod. If anyone wants a refund just shoot me a PM.

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Still playing with it

If you're still adjusting the knobs and wanna get really authentic... Metallica usually set their amps as such, historically speaking:

Volume would be adjusted based on venue but might as well go 10 for this, Bass 7, Mid 3, Treble 8, Gain 7. They basically perfected the scooped mids sound that still dominates most rock and metal today. For the clean channel (top right set) pull the bass back to about 4 and raise the mids to 4. Also, the knob labeled RVB Clean on the far left, turn that to 2 or 3. That'd be the reverb for the clean channel and they use just a touch of it. Probably turn the Reverb Crunch down half from where it is, if not all the way.

Last, turn the top two Master knobs to 8. That'd be the master volume that overrides all the individual channel volumes. There's no way to know the EXACT settings they used, and they should change a little show to show based on the space, but these capture the spirit of what their settings were (are) and I'd bet they're within .5 to 1 of what the settings actually were.

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I declared them as fridge magnets. I'm pretty sure they would see this on the X-ray?
I finally go through to someone at USPS! They weren't much help as the parcels are held up at US Customs
The gentlemen I spoke with stated that sometimes Customs will hold International packages for up to 25 days(business days) depending on the point of origin or the cost associated with the delivery of the parcel? He said he was confident that the packages will reach their intended destination. I do apologize to everyone waiting for their magnet mod. If anyone wants a refund just shoot me a PM.

Not to worry, my brother is a Customs agent and he said the same thing. Nothing to do but wait.

#281 7 years ago

Are the CftBL and TotAN aprons all set? Looking at the previous pics, the shooter gauge area weren't quite done yet....

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Are the CftBL and TotAN aprons all set? Looking at the previous pics, the shooter gauge area weren't quite done yet....

Hmmm, i'll look into it.

#283 7 years ago

Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 7.26.44 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-05 at 7.26.44 PM (resized).png

#284 7 years ago

Flash Gordon!

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Hmmm, i'll look into it.

Cool, thanks! LMK please....

And btw.... I strongly suggest you to click on the link below... maybe you'll find some new inspiration for the next releases

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/AlexSMendes/collection

#287 7 years ago

I received my BoP magnets today. It's looking great. I'll post pics once I'm happy with how I've oriented it.

#288 7 years ago

I see my magnet finally moved - it is on the West Coast - it took a long time, but it is on its way again!

#289 7 years ago

Here are a couple shots of my BoP. I think it looks fantastic, honestly. The original aprons are boring and ugly.

A couple things to note:

I chose to just place the magnet over the rubber glass bumper at the bottom of the apron. I may remove that, but for now, it doesn't bother me.

I chose to overlay the apron over the shooter magnet, again, personal choice.

IMG_5776 (resized).JPGIMG_5776 (resized).JPG
IMG_5782 (resized).JPGIMG_5782 (resized).JPG

#290 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I chose to just place the magnet over the rubber glass bumper

Take there bumper off. It will leave a dent in your magnet if left for a prolonged period of time.
Your BOP looks sweet!

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Hmmm, i'll look into it.

Cool Bill! And in another glance, it also looks like the left and right sides of your pics (for both TotAN and Creech), have uneven measurements...

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Cool Bill! And in another glance, it also looks like the left and right sides of your pics (for both TotAN and Creech), have uneven measurements...

I think the measurements are correct Alex? Do you mean the top corners?

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I think the measurements are correct Alex? Do you mean the top corners?

Yep... the right side looks a litlle smaller than it should be?!...

#294 7 years ago

We used The Shadow's apron format(which fits like a glove) for these as they are the same aprons? If I emailed you the apron layout could you print it out on paper and match it up to your games?

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Take there bumper off. It will leave a dent in your magnet if left for a prolonged period of time.
Your BOP looks sweet!

I'll take it off today! Thanks!

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

We used The Shadow's apron format(which fits like a glove) for these as they are the same aprons? If I emailed you the apron layout could you print it out on paper and match it up to your games?

I don't know about Shadow, but my CftBL and TotAN aprons have pretty much the same measurements both sides...

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I don't know about Shadow, but my CftBL and TotAN aprons have pretty much the same measurements both sides...

Does the left side come to a point and the right has a flat tip?

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Does the left side come to a point and the right has a flat tip?

Just got some photos of mine (and a suggestion)

IMG_20170210_192521 (resized).jpgIMG_20170210_192521 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170210_192413 (resized).jpgIMG_20170210_192413 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170210_192347 (resized).jpgIMG_20170210_192347 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170210_192336 (resized).jpgIMG_20170210_192336 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170210_192323 (resized).jpgIMG_20170210_192323 (resized).jpg

#299 7 years ago

I finally got my BoP and Getaway magnets today. They look great. Thanks BooT.

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I finally got my BoP and Getaway magnets today. They look great. Thanks BooT.

Pics?

There are 501 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-magnet-mod/page/6?hl=ian720 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.