New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 149196)

My Magnet Apron Mod

By NinJaBooT

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 528 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 63 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).png
IMGA0438[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0439[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0437[1]_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
TOTAN_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
65e92bd32ed6ef7335cac4c1b279deb_(resized).jpg
10a59962fa278136842edbd199c7d7b_(resized).jpg
CFTBL_apron_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 528 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
#151 4 years ago

Love the Bald Eagle on the WhiteWater apron Bill!!! Show's what America and commerce is about! Nice original design!

#152 4 years ago

I like the shadow apron. I don't know how well it's going to play. WIth all that black, only 50% of the playfield will be exposed. Tommy mode all the time. I think shadow is hard enough even when you can see the flippers.

#153 4 years ago

Still needs some work but it's getting there.

image_(resized).jpeg

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

..... support all of those that move pinball forward, not drag it down.

Best post of 2016 so far... couldn't agree more.

#156 4 years ago

BAD A$$ !!! The only brand that chants your user name in any movie would be tmnt "Go ninja go ninja go" great mod !!!

Ps I'm still in for tmnt apron

#157 4 years ago

this rocks (bad wordplay intended ...)

good work very nice, i like the total look.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Still needs some work but it's getting there.
image_(resized).jpeg

I would darken the water a bit and also keep the shooter area visible (looks like it is covered right now) so I can see how far back I pulled the plunger.

#159 4 years ago

Here's a sneak peak of my BOP cabinet head decal. Still needs some minor work but getting there. The originals are hideous!

image_(resized).png

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I would darken the water a bit and also keep the shooter area visible (looks like it is covered right now) so I can see how far back I pulled the plunger.

The water needs to match the river in the middle to create the illusion of depth. We are still working on matching colours for this. The top corners of the magnet will be electric blue to match the darker blue. I left out the final layer which has the shooter notch cut out and some other small additions. Once we have colours sorted out i'll post the final version.

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Here's a sneak peak of my BOP cabinet head decal.

Wow! Beautiful!

#162 4 years ago

IMG_3991_(resized).JPG

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

The water needs to match the river in the middle to create the illusion of depth. We are still working on matching colours for this. The top corners of the magnet will be electric blue to match the darker blue. I left out the final layer which has the shooter notch cut out and some other small additions. Once we have colours sorted out i'll post the final version.

matching colors is damn near impossible. So many of the Wh20's I restore all have different shades of blue. I have 6 different Wh20 blues mixed and still have to adjust them for each field I get in.

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

matching colors is damn near impossible. So many of the Wh20's I restore all have different shades of blue. I have 6 different Wh20 blues mixed and still have to adjust them for each field I get in.

I've been running into the same issue. My pf is new in Wh20; I hope the colours are close to the originals.

#165 4 years ago

Now I can see!

Screenshot_(resized).png

#166 4 years ago

Working on colouring.

CabDecV1_(resized).png

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yea, forgot about that. DE aprons are plastic.

For plastic aprons, slap a strong magnet or two on the underside of the apron to hold these in place.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Working on colouring.

CabDecV1_(resized).png

You now have my attention

#169 4 years ago

Man that artist you got knows how to draw.
I like the new interpretation of the bride, kinda sexy punk girl type

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Working on colouring.

CabDecV1_(resized).png

#171 4 years ago

Did I miss something? TSPP is linked to this but I didn't see any mention of an apron magnet for it...

#172 4 years ago

I vote for no good gofers!!

#173 4 years ago

I wish the cab decals were easier to install , those look awesome!

#174 4 years ago

This product, and the artwork is extraordinary. I think it would look equally good on games that aren't "top tier A-listers," which widens the appeal for sure.

#175 4 years ago

Please message me when AFM apron magnets are available for purchase.

#176 4 years ago

Yeah this looks amazing. My IJ either needs new apron decals or this. I've decided to hold out for this (hopefully). Please tell me that WMS IJ is in your future plans.

#177 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#178 4 years ago

I know it would be much more expensive but having layers to give a 3D look would be boss.

#179 4 years ago

Hello? Is there a TSPP magnet coming?

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Hello? Is there a TSPP magnet coming?

We haven't planned on one but it's possible.

#181 4 years ago

What about your HS II apron art?

#182 4 years ago

BOPCABScreen_(resized).png

#183 4 years ago

image_(resized).png

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

holy crap.........

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Way cool. But aren't the side rails gonna chop off part of her headdress "glow". I'd like a side decal just for wall art. Would you do that? How do you think the other side is going to translate? Oh and I like the stars and lens flair on the black background of the bb decals.

Also, isn't part of her missing on the bottom of the bb picture and the little blue triangle to the left between her upper and lower arm?

Also there are no stars on the sides of her headdress and below her ears.

Sorry to be such a nitpicker.

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Way cool. But aren't the side rails gonna chop off part of her headdress "glow". I'd like a side decal just for wall art. Would you do that? How do you think the other side is going to translate? Oh and I like the stars and lens flair on the black background of the bb decals.
Also, isn't part of her missing on the bottom of the bb picture and the little blue triangle to the left between her upper and lower arm?

Very valid point about the side rails. Does BoP use sys11 side rails or Wpc?

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You are.....damn dude!!

The artist doing these is GOLDEN

#188 4 years ago

I'll have to adjust the artwork to compensate for the rails. I've changed her heart to glow red.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Very valid point about the side rails. Does BoP use sys11 side rails or Wpc?

System 11

#190 4 years ago

Great idea, and some awesome designs/talent. Hope you can bring these to market soon! I'd like to buy a few of the Whitewater ones.

#192 4 years ago

When the WH2O magent is ready, I'm completely in on that. Nice work!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#193 4 years ago

In my opinion Popeye would be a great candidate for this. It's literally completely bare blue painted metal. It looks really barren. Yes the prow of the boat is nice, but it's sitting in a massive expanse of single tone blue paint rather than the sea. A stylised sea and perhaps a couple of thematic characters floating in it would make it seem so much less empty, especially if some custom apron cards were made to match. I can't think of another modern machine that looks so empty here and would benefit more.

Funhouse would be another. That now out of production apron mod that integrated the art and the 'tickets' (apron cards) looked great. Something similar would fill a gap.

#194 4 years ago

Truck Stop.....Addams......Gilligan's Island Please. Please let me know when Fish Tales is available.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

custom apron cards were made to match

These magnets cover the apron cards area I believe. They are one flat smooth piece.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

These magnets cover the apron cards area I believe. They are one flat smooth piece.

In the case of FH tickets, it could just be an illustration. Point taken however.

#197 4 years ago

Agreed. Popeye would be good!

Quoted from rubberducks:

In my opinion Popeye would be a great candidate for this. It's literally completely bare blue painted metal. It looks really barren. Yes the prow of the boat is nice, but it's sitting in a massive expanse of single tone blue paint rather than the sea. A stylised sea and perhaps a couple of thematic characters floating in it would make it seem so much less empty, especially if some custom apron cards were made to match. I can't think of another modern machine that looks so empty here and would benefit more.
Funhouse would be another. That now out of production apron mod that integrated the art and the 'tickets' (apron cards) looked great. Something similar would fill a gap.

#198 4 years ago

Sent a PM to the Op about buying one for BOP, but haven't heard back.

#199 4 years ago

So Ninjaboot, are you starting sales yet?
If so, put me down for a shadow!

#200 4 years ago

I'm working on it guys. I'm still waiting on samples and licensing. I'll update once I get the samples. Sorry for the delay.

There are 528 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside