image_(resized).jpeg
65e92bd32ed6ef7335cac4c1b279deb_(resized).jpg
10a59962fa278136842edbd199c7d7b_(resized).jpg
CFTBL_apron_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 528 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - for sale

My Magnet Apron Mod

Added: 2016-01-11 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (April 5th, 2016) • Ended: June 28th, 2016
Condition: New (selling multiple, business)

Price

$ 60

I have had this idea of covering up the factory aprons for some time now. The look of the original aprons don't even match the pinball machine they are attached to in most cases. I have a friend who is a professional artist. She generally does artwork for comics and such but she was willing to help me out with these apron designs. All artwork is original and printed on high quality magnets. We have quite a few other designs in the works that will be revealed in coming days and weeks. Thanks for looking.

_bill

Item photos

image1_(resized).JPG
IMG_4881_(resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
IMG_4841_(resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are NinJaBooT's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to NinJaBooT's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

St Albert, AB, CA

#3 8 years ago

T2 in the works and I can put JP on the list.

#4 8 years ago

i like the shadow!

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

i like the shadow!

We had fun designing that one. It turned out great.

#6 8 years ago

Those look amazing

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Those look amazing

Thanks for the kind words.

#8 8 years ago

Outstanding concept and execution. Now do some for my B/W titles without getting rick all bent out of shape.

#9 8 years ago

Sweet looking stuff guys. I wonder if you could incorporate rules cards into the design somehow?

#10 8 years ago

The fish tales is great! I would love one. When I get home later I will pm you. Great work and concept. This could get huge once we all start requesting our favorite titles. My question for fish tales....do you remove wire guide/guard on apron? Hard to tell in Fish Tales picture.
Now I'd like to request, Totan, ADDAMS, Gilligan Island,Fire!, Truck Stop, Riverboat Gambler.Jokerz..Thanks

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Sweet looking stuff guys. I wonder if you could incorporate rules cards into the design somehow?

We prob could. i was thinking of putting the rules in the the 2 fish but thought it would might be to busy. Let me see what I can do. On the bright side the existing rule cards would be well preserved under the magnet

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The fish tales is great! I would love one. When I get home later I will pm you. Great work and concept. This could get huge once we all start requesting our favorite titles. My question for fish tales....do you remove wire guide/guard on apron? Hard to tell in Fish Tales picture.
Now I'd like to request, Totan, ADDAMS, Gilligan Island,Fire!, Truck Stop, Riverboat Gambler.Jokerz..Thanks

You can just lift the end of the wire form up and slide the magnet under. I already had it off for measurement and fitting purposes. But there is plenty of room for adjust. The magnets aren't very thick.

#13 8 years ago

Those look fantastic! Great idea and product!!!

#14 8 years ago

Looks great! Can't wait to see the upcoming titles as well!

#15 8 years ago

Great concept! Looking forward to seeing future releases!

#16 8 years ago

Creech please

#17 8 years ago

Nice! Great job

#18 8 years ago

Any pics of the wh20 one?
+ 1 Twilight zone

#19 8 years ago

If you make one for Dr dude I'd be 100% in for one

#20 8 years ago

Looks great ...looking forward to future titles like rg or lah

#21 8 years ago

It's been done before. My friend started making them and blade skins. You should be getting a email from Rick anytime now. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fh-custom-apron-decal

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

It's been done before. My friend started making them and blade skins. You should be getting a email from Rick anytime now. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fh-custom-apron-decal

If he doesn't use any logos, there's nothing to be said, right?

#23 8 years ago

I really like the Shadow and Fishtales....nice job!

I have a hunch, though, that Rick will try to shut down your efforts if you choose to market them.

#24 8 years ago

Really interesting idea. Could be a cheap but effective solution for some trashed early SS aprons.

#25 8 years ago

Interested in how the T2 turns out. If it turns out I will be buying one. I like the Fish Tales. However, I actually really like the original apron. In fact of all my pins "Other than Judge Dredd" it has the best apron and I hate to cover it up.

#26 8 years ago

Looks very nice

But IMO it's not a good idea to cover up the plunger area. Many people use the marks on the plunger to help making skill shots.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

Your friend is still selling them, but he took off the copyrighted artwork. So I guess that tells the story of what can be done.

#28 8 years ago

Slick mods easy to install/uninstall and they look great. Nice work and GLWS.

#29 8 years ago

Interested to see a WH20 one as well.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

Looks like all original artwork was used on OPs designs, so not sure how this breaks any copyrights.

Love them. Very nice.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Looks like all original artwork was used on OPs designs, so not sure how this breaks any copyrights.
Love them. Very nice.

Thanks! You are correct. All artwork is original. I'm working with a professional artist who is well aware of copyright infringement. Lots of my concept ideas have been squashed by her for this reason.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

Thanks for the heads up

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

If he doesn't use any logos, there's nothing to be said, right?

As well we're not copy and pasting artwork directly from the machine onto our design. It's all hand drawn art for the most part.

#34 8 years ago

Hi There

please refer to this link

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2015/index.html and also this one http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2015/joedirusso.mp3

This is something That Rick and I have launched back in October at Chicago EXPO and is awaiting Williams Approval.

PM me for I would like to speak to you.

Thanks
Joe

www.pingraffix.com

#35 8 years ago

Looks cool. I'm in if you start to sell these.

#36 8 years ago

Is the shadow ready to ship?

#37 8 years ago

On the shadow, what would one look like if the shadow's nose was centered to the shoot again insert....I.e. the shadow was a little off center from the apron, a little off apron center to the left? For some reason, that just distracts me a little with his nose being off center from the center of between the flippers.

Otherwise, I think it's awesome.! Fish tales is my vote for nicest of the proto batch

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hi There
please refer to this link
http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2015/index.html and also this one http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2015/joedirusso.mp3
This is something That Rick and I have launched back in October at Chicago EXPO and is awaiting Williams Approval.
PM me for I would like to speak to you.
Thanks
Joe
ww.pingraffix.com

Chop chop, then! Still waiting on those Whirlwind ones, but I sold the game in the meantime.

#39 8 years ago

Looks great, love the magnet approach. I'm also interested in them for any part of my collection.

#40 8 years ago

Very cool...nice job

#41 8 years ago

Very clever! - nice artwork.

#42 8 years ago

I'm totally in for a Williams IJ. Please!

#43 8 years ago

Would love something like this for an apron

Also waiting for some ooze decals for my ramps. I hope someone's still working on those....

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#44 8 years ago

Take down as a courtesy to the owner of this thread.

#45 8 years ago

I took a second look your design as long as it's far enough from the original art work you should be fine. But if you get to close I'm sure Rick will let you know promptly.

#46 8 years ago

Looks awesome and love the magnet idea. Also its very affordable considering just apron decals are 25-30 for a set .

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I took a second look your design as long as it's far enough from the original art work you should be fine. But if you get to close I'm sure Rick will let you know promptly.

Although it's artwork that was hand drawn, Fishtales and BOP is just leveraging the existing artwork. I don't think that is going to fly...

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

We (PinGraffix.com) have partnered with Planetary Pinball Supply for apron magnets, and have pending approvals with Williams for our designs already.

FYI, on Pinside it is usually considered bad form and frowned upon to hawk a competing product in another's for sale thread.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

Although it's artwork that was hand drawn, Fishtales and BOP is just leveraging the existing artwork. I don't think that is going to fly...

Can you cite some legal precedent for that?

#50 8 years ago

Rick will get you, lol....It's so nice to see so many people making it big deal. Mind your own business and let him deal with it. Cry babies everywhere.

There are 528 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-magnet-apron-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.