(Topic ID: 144396)

My location offered me $500 bonus to bring in a premium instead of pro.

By dannunz

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by joemamma
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

met_game_underground.jpg
    image.jpg
    LE.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I have one game on route for one week so far. So I am new to this whole thing.

This changes things IMHO. If you have only been doing this a week, you don't even know if it is going to work. Too big of a risk and too little of a reward. I wouldn't do it personally. If you forgo the $500 and take an increased 10% as some people suggest, you do realize that even at a full $1.00 per play, it will take 17,000 full dollar plays to recoup that cost if you paid $1,700 more for the premium for example. That is not including any parts, maintenance, replay / free games, matches or deal games (3 / $2.00). If you are going to do it, I would start smaller and work your way into something like that when you have a better handle on how/if things are going to work out.

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from policano:

Theme is definitely the number one thing for my location. with so many casual players, you need the theme to pull them in. They aren't reading Pinside like they should I do not have a problem trying other games for sure. I have had several different games over the years.
    I should also mention, I do like a lot of the games I have today personally, not all of them would be ones I would have or keep. Growing my location has been an interesting ride.

This works really well with the other op across town. Eastside gets the newest Sterns and the other op gets the classic Bally / WMS "A" titles. It works because they have two completely different client bases and it makes for better variety for everyone, best of all worlds.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-location-offered-me-500-bonus-to-bring-in-a-primium-instead-of-pro?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.