(Topic ID: 144396)

My location offered me $500 bonus to bring in a premium instead of pro.

By dannunz

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by joemamma
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

met_game_underground.jpg
    image.jpg
    LE.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

What would you do? The $500 will not get paid back.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

Which game? Is this for a new GoT Premium vs Pro?

Yes

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

id say tell them to keep the 500, but you want an extra 10 percent of the split. So if you do a 60/40 split, you want 70/30 on the premium.

Actually they are doing a 60 40 split for the first 2 months weather I bring in a pro or premium. Also yes the owner of the location loves pinball and would rather pump money into the premium more than the pro. That's why the bonus offer.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

I scoped your collection and I'm guessing that this isn't your only job. If I'm right and you can afford it I say go for it bro. You only live once and its only money.
    Nice collection btw

Yes this is hobby gone crazy. I'm an operator now also even more crazy. But the game will probably be on location for a year and than go into my collection. So primium may be the way to go.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from Okarcades:

It sounds like he is saying....Buy something nicer and I'll pay for some of it

Exactly, also I think you are less likely to see another premium on location. So this will also help bring in the hard core pinball people.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I hadn't considered this but totally agree.
    Also, I think taxman is right, don't do it if it will give the location any control over your buisness or set the expectation that you will still rotate the games in and out as usual...
    But heck, I've never routed a game and you have, so tell us what you decide as my guess is your decision will be better than whatever I would have made given your experience in routing games.

I have one game on route for one week so far. So I am new to this whole thing.

#41 8 years ago

My WWFRR got 220 plays on its first week in this location. Is this good?

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

Where specifically are you putting the game? This could definitely make the machine's popularity higher or lower.

Are you asking were the location is or were inside the game sits?

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

IMHO, YES, very good.
    Reality is you wont have a clue till a game is out for a few months and your location is established.
    Some games will do amazing the first month and then drop to nearly zero. Other games will have a slow rise. Others will suck and never go up. Some may be seasonal in swing. Reality is that EVERY location is different and only you and figure out what works and what does not work and why. Part of the fun of operating games IME.

So your saying I need to learn what type of client is playing the games? I can tell you I checked the average game times was 2 min 46 sec. Is this low?

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

Specifically where the location is. If it's somewhere like an arcade with several pinball machines, people may enjoy it. Otherwise it may be a good idea to just get the Pro.

It's in a retro arcade inside a very busy mall. Only my pinball machine in their.

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

Game Underground by any chance? I remember seeing WWFRR did pretty well in its first week there.

Yup did you play it?

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

Yeah! It played pretty well there, and I'm also going there on a semi-monthly basis for their Smash 4 tourneys.
    In that case the Premium may be a good pick. There's plenty of people who may be impressed with it, plus it's based on a popular theme and there's many arcade goers who go there as well.

I think I am going to put my very nice JM in their as well this weekend.

#68 8 years ago

JM is a great game with easy to hit ramps. The only thing you need the glove for is to lock balls. But it's a very fun game. Not sure if it would do well or not.

#69 8 years ago

I may put metallica in their only because their is not another one out in the wild in all of new England.

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

We have 2 Metallicas, a Pro and a Premium, in public locations within 5 miles up here on the NW corner of New England.

Ok no mettallica with in a 3hr drive lol. So how do they earn?

#79 8 years ago

I'm going to bring my Metallica pro to Game underground Saturday. See how it does. It's got a color Dmd and heavily modded.

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

and I said...

So yes, I will be there Sunday to play the snot out of that thing!

Please be gentle

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Always! I'll nudge, but I'm not going to hurt your machine. The worst that will happen is that I'll wear out the coin slot as I dump money into it. I'm very excited to have a MET on location only 15 minutes from work. I'll be working on getting my initials up on that color DMD.

Make sure when your their that you tell Jammi the owner that he needs more pinball machines in his arcade. As of rt now he is on the fence to let me leave Metallica their after GOT premium comes in.

#89 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

My Met pro does very well. I suggest you remove any mods that could create places for balls to get stuck, or any mods that can break easy.

No mods that can break easy. I think the color DMD will draw people in to play it. Will see.

#91 8 years ago

Dave what other game would you like to see on location?

#94 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

I'm not Dave but I'd love to see Tales from the Crypt or Whitewater on location. I don't think there's any on location in MA

You may see TFTC in their at some point. White water is being sold to finance GOT LE.

#96 8 years ago

I would love to put 5 or 6 games in their. That could happen if the pinball machines start to make them more money than some of their video and driving games. It's up to you guys coming out and playing them.

If their is enough interest it would be cool to start doing tournaments or get on the New England tournament sced. But I would need someone to run that when the time comes.

#100 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I didn't mean to offend. I 100% agree with your assessment. I am jumping for joy that one is going on location near me. Both locations I mentioned in my post have Tron, and they keep it on location because it earns well. One of those locations had a MET Pro (non LED), and it is gone because their other games out earned it. Maybe it was just simply the fact that it looked a bit dull with incandescent bulbs next to Star Trek. I'm not sure. But I do know that if it had earned its keep, it would still be there.
    And seriously, I love MET. I can't wait to play it Sunday. I probably should have said that better.

Metallica with led's and color dmd is a totally different game. Also the newest code is amazing.

#106 8 years ago

Ok now their is 2 games on location at the Game Underground Natick MA

met_game_underground.jpgmet_game_underground.jpg

#108 8 years ago
    Quoted from Radagast:

You're a brave soul to leave such a beautiful Metallica out on location...How can you bare to part with it??

I had it at Pintastic and it bared well. I am trying to promote pinball in the New England area. Hey at least I took the invisaglass off lol. Will see how it goes. If it get one more person interested in pinball than it was worth it to me. This hobby has brought me a lot of joy and I want to share with others. I saw 3 teen boys playing it today and it was so worth it. They were having a blast!

#112 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Congrats on the new location! Let me know if you need prices on any new Sterns.

Thanks Mike!

#114 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Gabe,
    I just left there. That Metallica is in amazing shape and played great! I left my initials in the number 1 (so I'm assuming the high scores were reset when it went in. Thanks a bunch for putting games like that out for the rest of us to play! We really appreciate it.
    DaveH

Yes Dave the high scores were reset. Let's see how long your score lasts. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

#117 8 years ago

If anyone knows of any good locations in MA that are looking for high quality pinball machines please let me know. Thanks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-location-offered-me-500-bonus-to-bring-in-a-primium-instead-of-pro?tu=dannunz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.