(Topic ID: 213694)

Sterns My Little Pony pinball machine speculation thread.

By arcademojo

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Cappi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8BB9F600-FD82-4A45-B146-D736EC58EE46 (resized).png
    mlpm (resized).jpg
    Consuela Family Guy (resized).jpg
    ef1318a3f9 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 9.39.37 AM (resized).png
    MLP (resized).PNG
    20180402_033137 (resized).png
    bronies (resized).png
    db1d85ba98dac6f8dd3bb97a8038993ddc6c90c1 (resized).jpg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

It's been rumored for a couple years that Stern had My Little Pony license. Seen this topic on FB about taking a vote for My Little Pony or New Kids on the Block. In one comment from Stern they mention 1000 votes for MLP and it won't be a joke. Could that mean they will make a one?!?!?!
    Update: Poll reached 592 votes for My Little Pony. Will this be enough?

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10156391963184244

#3 1 year ago

My 5 year old daughter would love that!!! I’m sure it’s just an April fools joke. Or at least I hope it is.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coz:

My 5 year old daughter would love that!!! I’m sure it’s just an April fools joke. Or at least I hope it is.

Could be? Maybe not. Doesn't hurt to put a vote in for one. I would really like to see how a pin like this would do in family fun centers.

db1d85ba98dac6f8dd3bb97a8038993ddc6c90c1 (resized).jpg

#5 1 year ago

I vote.....no.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I vote.....no.

Same here.

#7 1 year ago

I will pony up a "No Thank You" as well.

#8 1 year ago

Nooooooooooooo

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

April Fools, right?

I sure hope.

#11 1 year ago

I’d rather see a raven remake, and that’s saying an awful lot.

#12 1 year ago

Gdamn, it would look killer next to my Maiden

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Gdamn, it would look killer next to my Maiden

Actually I was thinking they could just do a small run of re-themed Maidens to My Little Ponies. Just like they did Shrek.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Actually I was thinking they could just do a small run of re-themed Maidens to My Little Ponies. Just like they did Shrek.

Hopefully, you could swap software between the 2 like Shrek/FG....that would be a great prank for Maiden owners....

Im being sarcastic about MLP.....I cringe just thinking about it.....

#15 1 year ago

Not in at all!!

#16 1 year ago

If My little pony ever becomes a reality we are blaming you Mojo and you will probably have to flee the country!!

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

If My little pony ever becomes a reality we are blaming you Mojo and you will probably have to flee the country!!

#18 1 year ago

come on Garry, you know we'd rather have a care bears pin!!!

#19 1 year ago

It’s April fools guys, calm down xD

Unfortunately bronies don’t exactly fall into the same demographic as most of Sterns buyers. This one wouldn’t sell well, at all, unless you’re all going to buy one for your daughter or suddenly they find bronies will loads of spare cash!

#20 1 year ago

I vote yes. I have a better chance of getting another Pinball Machine if I say it is for my daughter. My Little Pony would be an easier sell. Lol.

#21 1 year ago

Hatchimals! Pinball!
    Let’s get modern!

#22 1 year ago

20180402_033137 (resized).png

#23 1 year ago

Put me down for a Super LE!

bronies (resized).png

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from Archytas:

It’s April fools guys, calm down xD
    Unfortunately bronies don’t exactly fall into the same demographic as most of Sterns buyers. This one wouldn’t sell well, at all, unless you’re all going to buy one for your daughter or suddenly they find bronies will loads of spare cash!

The My Little Pony pin actually goes back 5 years. And is widely rumored that Stern does have the license. Also Stern has repeatably talked about branching out to different buyers and attracting a younger audience. Now, I don't think it would sell as well as pins geared towards adults and teenage boys but how many pins do they need to actually sell to make it profitable? How many "the Pin" or "Spiderman" home edition pins did they sell? We know they sold 400 Shrek pins and that's not a title everyone of us would want.

MLP (resized).PNG

#25 1 year ago

I think the My Little Pony pin idea actually originated as a joke in one of the early Skit-B threads. Then it kept going and going.

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 9.39.37 AM (resized).png

#26 1 year ago

This has gone too far...What about Digger the Dog Pinball?

#27 1 year ago

ef1318a3f9 (resized).jpg

#28 1 year ago

I love pinball, so I would love to see a new machine that breaks the mold come out.

My daughter loved My Little Pony when she was little. If the game plays good I don't care what theme is on it.

#29 1 year ago

Friendship is Magic is a great show! It's one of the only shows my 6 year old watches that I truly enjoy. I think something Zizzle like would work for the theme though and would probably sell a ton. A full blown commercial device, not so much. I told my daughter about this thread and she can't wait for a My Little Pony pin!

#30 1 year ago

I vote

Consuela Family Guy (resized).jpg

#31 1 year ago

I don't like my little pony at all. ( my daughter is a fan thought) this could be a good theme to try and entice a new younger crowd. Something to get the kids hooked. Keep pinball going for another generation.

I would sooner put money down on a ponies pin then I would for iron maiden.

I really don't thing we need another music pin for a ageing rock band that is quickly loosing relevance.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I don't like my little pony at all. ( my daughter is a fan thought) this could be a good theme to try and entice a new younger crowd. Something to get the kids hooked. Keep pinball going for another generation.
    I would sooner put money down on a ponies pin then I would for iron maiden.
    I really don't thing we need another music pin for a ageing rock band that is quickly loosing relevance.

You can't get more relevant then My Little Pony with there movie release in October 2017 and still in some theaters now.

mlpm (resized).jpg

#33 1 year ago

There are just too many other great theme options out there to vote yes to this. If Stern was pumping out 5 or 6 games per year then fine but they are down to 2 games per year so they need to use the best theme options available. My 3 year old daughter might say differently.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

I vote yes. I have a better chance of getting another Pinball Machine if I say it is for my daughter. My Little Pony would be an easier sell. Lol.

100% true that!!

#35 1 year ago

I could be tempted with a Stampede Multi-Ball.

#36 1 year ago

please don't...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside-the-bizarre-world-of-bronies-adult-male-fans-of-my-little-pony

i'm all about people doing their own thing... but this one tends to scare me just a tad... LOL

#37 1 year ago

There would be one of these in every Chuck E Cheese.

Might see them in Dave and Busters as well.

MLP is a big hit with kids.

#38 1 year ago

I'd rather my little pony as a theme than Aerosmith, plus my daughter would be stoked. I get to play my little pony quite often regardless, so I'd rather a pin instead of always having to be applejack

#39 1 year ago

You've got to be kidding.

#40 1 year ago

8BB9F600-FD82-4A45-B146-D736EC58EE46 (resized).png

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from Philk:

I'd rather my little pony as a theme than Aerosmith, plus my daughter would be stoked. I get to play my little pony quite often regardless, so I'd rather a pin instead of always having to be applejack

Big hit for the large market of 3 to 7 year old girls with no money or attention spans. I’ve got 2 little girls.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cserold:

Big hit for the large market of 3 to 7 year old girls with no money or attention spans. I’ve got 2 little girls.

What do 3 to 7 year old girls need money for? That’s what us dads are for. If there is one in my local Chuck E Cheese I’m playing it!!

#43 1 year ago

It would be magnificent,
    Factory installed rainbow puke 'n shit.
    And think of all the modding to be done!

Quoted from jhanley:

You've got to be kidding.

We are super duper serious man!

Fun aside, if stern really has a licence for mlp, I think their best bet would be on a cooperation like can crusher.
    A chain that has access to that market, cause they are not gonna find it here.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cserold:

Before you get to narrow minded think about the brand for a minute or two.

Wikipedia says that MLP has been around since 1981, has sold several hundred million toys globally and has grossed over a billion dollars in 2014 and 2015.

So to be clear, it may not be a theme that speaks to anyone on this site, but as a multi-billion dollar franchise that has been around for over 30 years, I feel it would be a great idea for a pin. In fact probably better then some of the other pins that have been made in the last 5 years.

#45 1 year ago

So when does the MLP vs Hello Kitty thread start

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Before you get to narrow minded think about the brand for a minute or two.
    Wikipedia says that MLP has been around since 1981, has sold several hundred million toys globally and has grossed over a billion dollars in 2014 and 2015.
    So to be clear, it may not be a theme that speaks to anyone on this site, but as a multi-billion dollar franchise that has been around for over 30 years, I feel it would be a great idea for a pin. In fact probably better then some of the other pins that have been made in the last 5 years.

I think a lot of the naysayers heave stuck in their minds of them doing a full size, full production run of pins. In all seriousness I’m thinking more along the lines of a Spider-Man home pin sized game but with real coin door and coin operated. Just a small run of a couple hundred. Stern recently hired new programmers so let them get there feet wet on something a little more simple. It could work.

#47 1 year ago

I mentioned their Facebook poll to my wife, and my daughter overheard, and she got legitimately really excited and was begging me to buy it, with real hope in her eyes. I actually felt bad telling her it was an April Fools joke.

i'm not a brony, but MLP is a pretty good show by kids' show standards. definitely in the top 10% quality-wise of TV marketed at that age group. Plus it's got John de Lancie, who played Q on STTNG, basically reprising that role as Dischord, an arrogant nigh-omnipotent trickster god of chaos.

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I mentioned their Facebook poll to my wife, and my daughter overheard, and she got legitimately really excited and was begging me to buy it, with real hope in her eyes. I actually felt bad telling her it was an April Fools joke.
    i'm not a brony, but MLP is a pretty good show by kids' show standards. definitely in the top 10% quality-wise of TV marketed at that age group. Plus it's got John de Lancie, who played Q on STTNG, basically reprising that role as Dischord, an arrogant nigh-omnipotent trickster god of chaos.

John de Lancie is the best thing to happen to that show! Oh yeah and Fluttershy is hot as sh!t.

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

My 7 year old has been playing my White Water more than I have, so a Stern My Little Poney would be a hit in this household.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.50
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside