(Topic ID: 232576)

My life ended today - my complete pinball collection burnt down

By german-pinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Kripo Hagen_ „Es war Brandstiftung im Erdgeschoss“ _ wp.de _ HagenEN.pdf (PDF preview)
    IMG_5810 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5806 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5798 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5804 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5802 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20181228-145207_Chrome (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-20-49-28 (1) (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-20-49-28 (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-20-49-28 (3) (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-20-49-28 (2) (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-17-03-57 (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-16-58-09 - 4 (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-15-06-22 - 3 (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-15-06-21 - 2 (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-15-06-21 - 1 (resized).jpg
    There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luzur:

Well he says he lives 15 km away, so i dont think they where ever in danger? Still sad day anyway.

I think he meant they *could* have been in the building when it was burning.

#102 5 years ago

Was für eine Scheisse!

#103 5 years ago

Sorry to hear dude

#104 5 years ago

so sorry to hear about your loss , in the end thank god no one was hurt , just makes one think a little that these are only material things and that it is people who are most important . i hope you can start your collection again !

#105 5 years ago

Oh man, I am sorry for this terrible event.

You can see what looks like a cabinet burning here... makes me feel ill.

Glad no one was injured.

Screenshot_20181228-145207_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181228-145207_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #106 5 years ago
    Quoted from Multiball33:

I have a nice fully working MGOW and some other sys 80 projects. I am willing to give you the MGOW and one of my other sys 80 projects to start your collection over. I'm in the USA, if you can afford to have them shipped I can pallet wrap them for you.

WOW what a generous offer!

#107 5 years ago

Terrible news, very glad all are safe.
    For sure everybody needs to insure their machines, sorry this can’t help you today. I feel for you. But insurance value can’t replace the personal work and years of collecting these machibes. Even insurance money can’t replace rare machines collected over time.

Every year we see a few collections catch fire and a few rare games gone forever . Very sad story here.

#108 5 years ago

Terrible news. Glad everyone is safe.

#109 5 years ago

Wow, that's awful news.

Definitely mourn all you need to, but as others have said, remember that your family is alive and well.

Tomorrow the sun will rise, and there are plenty of machines still out there, waiting to be found.

#110 5 years ago

Sorry for your loss.. What did it look like before?

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from german-pinball:

Firemen think, that it was a car (!!!) that stood near the house and the car burnt

I would suggest pursuing this. If the car caused the fire and the car was insured, I would think that their insurer would bear some responsibility.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

I would suggest pursuing this. If the car caused the fire and the car was insured, I would think that their insurer would bear some responsibility.

Definitely.

#113 5 years ago

Guys, I thank you all so much sympathy and thanks you so much for many personal PMs ... My nerves are blank ... There are memories coming back so much, today I had to think the whole day about buying our Asteroid Annie And The Aliens from a guy in Argentina, his name was Fernando Bigi, I could cry ...

Bad news, as I have heard, the car standing besides the house was deregistered and so no insurance.

Today morning, I was at the location; it was forbidden, to enter the property line, all is blocked.

Nethertheless I took some photos of the back of the house. At the back, there was the pinball hall, ground floor and first floor.

THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO RESCUE. Below all the rubble, there are the machines, you cannot even see rest of only one machine.

See attached photos:

IMG_5798 (resized).JPGIMG_5798 (resized).JPG

IMG_5802 (resized).JPGIMG_5802 (resized).JPG

IMG_5804 (resized).JPGIMG_5804 (resized).JPG

IMG_5806 (resized).JPGIMG_5806 (resized).JPG

IMG_5810 (resized).JPGIMG_5810 (resized).JPG

NO MATTER, LIFE GOES ON ...

#114 5 years ago

So sorry, I have no words

#115 5 years ago

Those are devastating pictures. I, too, have no words, other than to say how sorry I am for this to have happened.

#116 5 years ago

Damn. Glad folks are okay, that fire got very hot... A cause and origin expert may be warranted and often the ins company who has the structure may decide to obtain one. If a party is responsible, there may be a liability policy there to bear some of the loss, your personal property would have a claim to that. Ask your insurer if they plan to obtain this expert. Here in the states this is common on large commercial losses.

#117 5 years ago

Sorry for your loss. Glad that your family is safe.

#118 5 years ago

I’m so very sorry to hear this, Ingo. I know you were very proud of your collection and seeing all these photos is just... terrible. Glad no one got hurt but still, this is a tough one to process. My thoughts are with you.

#119 5 years ago

Sending you what love and comfort I can. I am so sorry. This must be so difficult because people put so much heart into their collections.

#120 5 years ago

This is horrible. My condolences on your loss.

#121 5 years ago

I have looked at this post a few times and still words escape me and none can or could do justice to what you are going through. So sorry for your losses.
    The only consolation is and its a big one [and the most important one] is you and everyone else is ok.

Can't take it with you as they say. Best wishes man. Sigh.

Best of the new year to you. Hang in there. Its always darkest before the dawn.

#122 5 years ago

Oh man, i am sorry this has happened to you. I hope in the new year you find the energy and strength to pick up the pieces and start building up again.

#123 5 years ago

I’m so sorry that this happened - I feel crushed looking at the pictures and thinking of how you must be feeling.

Time will heal Ingo.

You have not lost your family, friends and community.

And you have not lost your knowledge about pinball, your love for pinball nor your pinball connections nor your pinball community. These would be truely irreplacable.

Since you have all of these you can build up another collection in no time if that is what you wish. Or perhaps you will view pinball in a new way that will lead you to even greater appreciation than before.

Life is a journey, not a destination and your journey continues!

May you rise to new heights starting in 2019!

#125 5 years ago

Terrible news Ingo
    I feel for you. Give it some time things will brighten up.
    For now i understand you are bummed out. Time is a healer.

Jelle

#126 5 years ago

So sorry for your loss Ingo.

Many here know this already, but Ingo, you know you've already created an indelible legacy in Pinball that'll survive no matter what- your legendary TZ clock board.

Thankful youre still with us, and to see the greatness that'll shine through you as a result of your courage.

#127 5 years ago

Sorry for your loss! My TZ had one of your clock boards in it. Thanks for what you have done for pinball.

#128 5 years ago

I'm really sorry to hear of your tragedy, Ingo. Hang in there man, I feel for you.

#129 5 years ago

Your life is not over !!! Keep your chin up man.

I have beginning stages of an autoimmune desease and would gladly burn my collection to the ground to make it go away forever

Your family and health are your world.

#130 5 years ago

sorry to read this. Hope you'll stay in the hobby.

#131 5 years ago

What a heartbreaker. Glad no life was lost. Could of been worse but know it still really sucks to loose things you are passionate about.

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Your life is not over !!! Keep your chin up man.
    I have beginning stages of an autoimmune desease and would gladly burn my collection to the ground to make it go away forever
    Your family and health are your world.

So true, I am not making light of Ingo’s loss (it sucks) but I can tell you from experience when you truly are at a point where your pretty certain your life is coming to an end all the material stuff you own is meaningless, all that matters are family and friends/the people you love.
    Ingo since you are still here in this world for hopefully a long time I will tell you what deep down you already know, time heals most things & you will rebuild your beloved collection.
    As you look at all the rubble try and focus on the blessings in your life as I am sure there are many!
    A wise man once said.. what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

So true, I am not making light of Ingo’s loss (it sucks) but I can tell you from experience when you truly are at a point where your pretty certain your life is coming to an end all the material stuff you own is meaningless, all that matters are family and friends/the people you love.
    Ingo since you are still here in this world for hopefully a long time I will tell you what deep down you already know, time heals most things & you will rebuild your beloved collection.
    As you look at all the rubble try and focus on the blessings in your life as I am sure there are many!
    A wise man once said.. what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Amen brother.,,,, I don’t know you as a friend or neighbor but I do know you as a pinsider. I follow your posts and feel I have a slight idea of what the past few years have been.

As my pop says, push forward it’s the only direction you can go.

#134 5 years ago

Those photos are very disheartening.

I can't even imagine having to face something like that. Sorry that you do.

#135 5 years ago

Like everyone else has said, I'm so sorry. I hate this for you and your family. I have been helping a family in our church, who when they got home from church last weekend, found their home on fire. They lost almost everything. We were able to get their clothes out and Christmas presents for their kids. It's so hard to fathom these types of things for most all of us. But I will say this, I was humbled in those moments while helping them retrieve their clothes, that suddenly the other things were not important anymore. Just literally the clothes to put on their backs. It sucks losing stuff. But I'm reminded more everyday that it's all just a bunch of junk in the end. Give it some time, you will collect again. Heck, there's a bunch of us in the hobby that would help if we can in some way.
    Good luck, my friend. Here if I can help, from across the pond.

#136 5 years ago
    Quoted from sc93cobra:

Like everyone else has said, I'm so sorry. I hate this for you and your family. I have been helping a family in our church, who when they got home from church last weekend, found their home on fire. They lost almost everything. We were able to get their clothes out and Christmas presents for their kids. It's so hard to fathom these types of things for most all of us. But I will say this, I was humbled in those moments while helping them retrieve their clothes, that suddenly the other things were not important anymore. Just literally the clothes to put on their backs. It sucks losing stuff. But I'm reminded more everyday that it's all just a bunch of junk in the end. Give it some time, you will collect again. Heck, there's a bunch of us in the hobby that would help if we can in some way.
    Good luck, my friend. Here if I can help, from across the pond.

I just saw a post that clued me in to who this is, Ingo, I'm so sorry bro. Always here if I can do anything for you, - Chris Royalty

#137 5 years ago

Heartbreaking Ingo. I'm glad no one was hurt and I'm so sorry for your loss.

#138 5 years ago

I just received the clock board Ingo thank you for all your help.
    Very sorry to hear about the fire. : (

#139 5 years ago

feeling for you down under

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from trumpy:

feeling for you down under

This is probably ment good, but im drunk so here goes

Things you don't wanna hear from your celmate:

@ OP
    Are there cameras in your street or at neighbours or businesses nearby then if its started by someone the cops may be able to indentify the person?
    Maybe there are more fires recently?

#141 5 years ago

You’ve been so helpful to many over the years Ingo, including me. I’m sorry this happened to you.

Mike

#142 5 years ago

Ingo,

So sorry for your loss. You helped me immensely with your white TZ board for my Black and White TZ. I am so grateful for your help. Lmk if I can ever help u. Your a great guy, I hope you stay in the hobby.

Mike
    Great American Pinball

#143 5 years ago

Hello all my dear PINSIDE friends,

I wish you all a happy new year 2019.

Thank you all again for your great sympathy and encouragement - that helped me a lot and was very important to me.

It's good to know that there are true friends all over the world.

Life goes on now ...

PINSIDE is great ...

I lOVE YOU ALL ...

- Ingo

PS.:
    Still no news, who is responsible for the fire or what was the cause - I will keep you updated

#144 5 years ago

good luck and let us know what games you are looking for when the time comes to restart your collection.

#147 5 years ago

Really sorry for you man! Can't begin to imagine how terrible it would feel to lose such a beautiful collection. Still only own a couple of machines, but would be devastated if I'd loose those.

Hang in there!

#148 5 years ago

Gdm

Sutch a shame all these beautifull pins destroyed forever gone
    Ingo
    Youre always welcome to play at my house when your in the neighbourhood!
    Hang in there, keep fighting!
    Stay strong

#149 5 years ago

You helped me so much too!
    I'm so sorry for this devastating event and I share your loss.
    May this serve as a warning for all of us who cherish our collection to take insurances...

Hope you stay in the hobby!

#150 5 years ago

your life is worth much more than your things.
    so glad you and your family were safe.

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-life-ended-today-my-complete-pinball-collection-burnt-down/page/3?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.