3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by russdx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aaboss (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Once you drive a car with Android Auto/Carplay, you wish all your cars had it. With that in mind, I've been keeping an eye out for something inexpensive for my beater Honda CR-V. This is an exceptional deal going on right now if you have an Autozone nearby. The Boss BE10ACP is ~$329 everywhere except Autozone. They have it priced at $229 in-store only. I think it's a price mistake, but it has been ongoing for the last month. If you are a veteran or can find a coupon, they will knock another 10% off.

I just finished installing today. It's got a 10.1" capacitive screen that is bright and adjustable. I know it's not a top-tier name, but Autozone gives you a 1-year in-store exchange warranty. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but for a little more than $200, I'm happy...

aaboss (resized).PNGaaboss (resized).PNG

#3 3 years ago

Thanks! I've got a 6.8" resistive screen in my other car. Depending on how the sun hits it, that thing is practically useless sometimes. This is a huge improvement.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Got apples version of apple carplay in my merc on the 10inch wide screen and once you have google maps for your satnav you cant go back

Yep! I'm alerted to most speedtraps and it is great for rerouting around traffic slowdowns. If I'm in an unfamiliar city, I just say "Hey Google! Where is...?" and off I go.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-latest-project-cheap-android-auto-hu-upgrade?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.