Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Soulrider911
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 61 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B-Before (resized).png
B_After (resized).png
final (resized).png
batts (resized).png
IMG_2754 (resized).JPG
IMG_2708 (resized).JPG
20170827_171509 (resized).jpg
Leo_Farewell (resized).jpg
Enlight47 (resized).jpg
IMG_2278 (resized).JPG
IMG_2277 (resized).JPG
IMG_2276 (resized).JPG
legs (resized).png
Enlight46 (resized).jpg
Enlight44 (resized).jpg
Enlight45 (resized).jpg

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

Leds are going in one at a time! Inserts are getting non ghosting natural white 2smds and color matched inserts. For the GI, want to maintain the warmth of the incondecent bulbs so warm white frosted. All comet

IMG_1975 (resized).JPG

IMG_1976 (resized).JPG

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Leds are going in one at a time! Inserts are getting non ghosting natural white 2smds and color matched inserts. For the GI, want to maintain the warmth of the incondecent bulbs so warm white frosted. All comet

Flexible head led flashers and insert bulbs work much better on those type of sockets......

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Flexible head led flashers and insert bulbs work much better on those type of sockets......

I was thinking the same thing. The other bulbs used by the OP will show some serious light bleed to the other inserts....

#54 1 year ago

bigd1979 funny You should mention that they are in order

#55 1 year ago

Man, people hand these things with kid's gloves. Use novus 2 to clean the deep spots. As long as you aren't using it over and over and over you are fine.

And this is your grail and you are only going to play once or twice a week. Do you just stare at your games?

#56 1 year ago

djshakes I encase them in a semi permeable resin and lock them in a climate controlled guarded room filled with unicorn dust

#57 1 year ago

LED OCD on the way! cant wait to have smooth transitions back on all the LED's installed. Also brass kit kit from pinballplating.com sc93cobra cant wait to install it!

#58 1 year ago

Led OCD is awesome. I put one in my IJ and it makes all the difference in the world. You can see a real difference.

#59 1 year ago

Brand New drop targets installed and decals.

IMG_2041 2 (resized).JPG

IMG_1335 2 (resized).JPG

targets (resized).png

#60 1 year ago

These little star post LED's are awesome! Also added an LED strip behind the bridge.

star (resized).png

led (resized).png

#61 1 year ago

Bendies on all angle lights!

Enlight36 (resized).jpg

#62 1 year ago

Got my LED OCD installed, WOW what an amazing creation, I can't imagine having a game without one now haha. Loving this thank you so much LED OCD dudes

IMG_2052 (resized).JPG

IMG_2051 (resized).JPG

#63 1 year ago

Installed one of two much needed spot lights

IMG_2056 (resized).JPG

Enlight37 (resized).jpg

#64 1 year ago

Side graphics installed!

IMG_2054 (resized).JPG

IMG_2055 (resized).JPG

#65 1 year ago

The infamous Disneyland Indy

Enlight40 (resized).jpg

Enlight41 (resized).jpg

#66 1 year ago

Phew! The game made it back!

#67 1 year ago

Can you use ledocd with non ghosting LEDs?

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

More importantly, can you use neon fanny packs in pinball? Sorry bud, but I had too.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Of course...it's the ONLY way to use it. The ghost busting ones kinda mess up the LED OCD and you have to compensate. Better to use the non-busting ones.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from Spencer:

More importantly, can you use neon fanny packs in pinball? Sorry bud, but I had too.

LOL, didn't notice that. Excellent.

#71 1 year ago

Yup that fanny pack... gets more comments than my actually Indy pinball machine hahaha

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Of course...it's the ONLY way to use it. The ghost busting ones kinda mess up the LED OCD and you have to compensate. Better to use the non-busting ones.

Im confused. Non ghosting leds are good or bad to use with ledocd?

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Non-ghosting LEDs are bad to use with LEDOCD. They will still work but the non-ghosting circuitry limits the ability of LEDOCD to dim them to very low levels. So you're better off with conventional LEDs, which will give you the full LEDOCD fade effects, and have the virtue of being cheaper.

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Premium non ghosting LEDs = not recommended
Regular LEDs = recommended

#75 1 year ago

Your just missing Color DMD now and pinsound board. Game turning out nice, good work. Yes, non ghosting bulbs for LEDOCD.

#76 1 year ago

You guys totally lost me here... yes no ghosting with LED OCD or No? I currently have non ghosting in all inserts and they are brand new as I put them in right before I knew I was getting and led OCD... I don't really feel like spending more on another set of regular led bulbs

#77 1 year ago

You guys totally lost me here... yes no ghosting with LED OCD or No? I currently have non ghosting in all inserts and they are brand new as I put them in right before I knew I was getting and led OCD... I don't really feel like spending more on another set of regular led bulbs

You can read more in the LEDOCD thread. The following is from what I read there, not my own experience, so I can't tell you whether it's worthwhile to go back and replace non-ghosting LEDS with conventional LEDs.

To summarize: non-ghosting bulbs (i.e. the fancier ones) WILL work with LEDOCD. However, they're not optimal b/c the nonghosting circuitry in the bulbs themselves will "pick off" the LEDOCD's attempts to do the dimmest levels of illumination. You can play with the settings to make it still look pretty good, just not as nice as you'd get with conventional bulbs.

This is counterintuitive b/c in this case the cheaper bulbs work better with LEDOCD. But it is well documented.

2 weeks later
#78 1 year ago

Well I finally got some time to work on Indy. I have been convieniently avoiding puttin my brass kit on because I was deathly afraid of removing the side rails and damaging the graphics.

But I found a method that worked flawlessly and the cabinet graphics where completely flawless after removal. I must say, wow Chris at pinball plating does amazing work just beautiful.

I'll post more pics when I get the new legs on and lockdown bar. But so far I'm am loving this

IMG_2234 (resized).JPG

Enlight45 (resized).jpg

Enlight44 (resized).jpg

Enlight46 (resized).jpg

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You can read more in the LEDOCD thread. The following is from what I read there, not my own experience, so I can't tell you whether it's worthwhile to go back and replace non-ghosting LEDS with conventional LEDs.
To summarize: non-ghosting bulbs (i.e. the fancier ones) WILL work with LEDOCD. However, they're not optimal b/c the nonghosting circuitry in the bulbs themselves will "pick off" the LEDOCD's attempts to do the dimmest levels of illumination. You can play with the settings to make it still look pretty good, just not as nice as you'd get with conventional bulbs.
This is counterintuitive b/c in this case the cheaper bulbs work better with LEDOCD. But it is well documented.

Just my 2 cents about ledocd. The only thing that bothers me about leds are the flashers. Really distracting. Also clear led in the GI is annoying. I use frosted or incandescent for GI and incandescent flashers and i dont have a problem.

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Just my 2 cents about ledocd. The only thing that bothers me about LEDs are the flashers. Really distracting. Also clear led in the GI is annoying. I use frosted or incandescent for GI and incandescent flashers and i don't have a problem.

Im with rondogg I use frosted for basically EVERYTHING, even in some inserts, they are the best

#81 1 year ago

Im with rondogg I use frosted for basically EVERYTHING, even in some inserts, they are the best

I've only ever used frosted LEDs as well. A little extra difussion can't hurt.
Some of the LED flashers are pretty crazy, but comet carries some less powerful ones that I've been pretty happy with.

Added 19 months ago: Link to the 5-SMD flasher: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/5smdflash.htm

#82 1 year ago

Nice legs! The final pieces to my Brass kit going on!

legs (resized).png

#83 1 year ago

Nice work Soulrider911!, Friend of mine is getting a project one soon. Cant wait to work on it, hope it turns out as nice as yours.

#84 1 year ago

Decided to color match the posts and rubbers with the trees on left of the playfield. Mo' betta

IMG_2276 (resized).JPG

IMG_2277 (resized).JPG

IMG_2278 (resized).JPG

#85 1 year ago

Brass kit all on!!

Enlight47 (resized).jpg

#86 1 year ago

Man, those color-matched star posts and rubber rings look awesome! I just finished restoring my Indy and will probably tear my PF down for a pre-mature clean just to do those posts and rubbers. Nice job!!!!

#87 1 year ago

-ALSO, BTW, that playfield looks BRAND NEW- excellent job cleaning it no matter what others say!

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

-ALSO, BTW, that playfield looks BRAND NEW- excellent job cleaning it no matter what others say!

What others would that be?

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What others would that be?

Leo_Farewell (resized).jpg

#90 1 year ago

The brass on the machine looks great. When you do brass on the machine, I always think the backbox needs some attention to, it's so black. What would be an option? Repaint the front more yellow? Gold t-molding (too much...). Any other suggestions?

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The brass on the machine looks great. When you do brass on the machine, I always think the backbox needs some attention to, it's so black. What would be an option? Repaint the front more yellow? Gold t-molding (too much...). Any other suggestions?

Here's mine. I used brass for the translite lifter and glass channel in the back of cab. Helps some.

20170827_171509 (resized).jpg

#92 1 year ago

Yup jake I actually have the lifter and gun halves on their way to my door as we speak! Beautiful Indy man, well done

2 weeks later
#93 1 year ago

Moa brass! Finally got my new brass gun and chrome trigger on!

IMG_2708 (resized).JPG

IMG_2754 (resized).JPG

#94 1 year ago

Wow that gun looks nice in brass!

#95 1 year ago

Just visited Disneyland. Sadly the Indiana Jones pinball machine is now gone.

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from GimpMaster:

Just visited Disneyland. Sadly the Indiana Jones pinball machine is now gone.

That machine gets a ton of play, and is often backstage getting worked on.

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

That machine gets a ton of play, and is often backstage getting worked on.

There's a thread about his somewhere. Word is they retired the game and will auction it off (in some kind of Disney employee-only auction).

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There's a thread about his somewhere. Word is they retired the game and will auction it off (in some kind of Disney employee-only auction).

That was the rumor, but up above in this thread you can see it in the newly redesigned area.

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

That was the rumor, but up above in this thread you can see it in the newly redesigned area.

Ah sorry, didn't realize that was a picture of a newly relocated Indy. I was bummed that the machine was down on my trip to Disneyland last spring, hopefully it'll still be kicking in four or five years when I make it back that way again!

1 month later
#100 1 year ago

Finally got around to installing my remote battery holder. This board was like brand new, holy smokes! Definitely, didn't want to risk any leakage.

batts (resized).png

final (resized).png

B_After (resized).png

B-Before (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mill Valley, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Austin, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 254.99
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
$ 21.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Warrenton, VA
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside