Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Soulrider911
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 61 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B-Before (resized).png
B_After (resized).png
final (resized).png
batts (resized).png
IMG_2754 (resized).JPG
IMG_2708 (resized).JPG
20170827_171509 (resized).jpg
Leo_Farewell (resized).jpg
Enlight47 (resized).jpg
IMG_2278 (resized).JPG
IMG_2277 (resized).JPG
IMG_2276 (resized).JPG
legs (resized).png
Enlight46 (resized).jpg
Enlight44 (resized).jpg
Enlight45 (resized).jpg

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

I picked up my an amazing Indiana jones two weeks ago. I had been softly in the market for one, but seemed everyone I went to look at was going to need a lot of work. Either the cabinet was great, but playfield was hammered, or the other way around, or both. However for a 23 year old game much of this is to be expected.

So one pops up on CL only 40 miles from where I live. So I call immediately then jump in my car to go see it.

I could not believe my eyes when I shows up. The machine was in a personal collection of an operator who had put it in a climate controlled storage 23 years ago. I met with the nephew who had bought out his uncle of the business and was finally pulling out machines from the personal collection, Indy being one.

The game looked like it had maybe 500-1000 plays. The shooter lane looked like it had never even been used, the goodie bag still stapled inside, no rust, no carbon deposits and even has the signature of the QC manager and #33 off the production line on a piece of cardboard. Just amazing like the machine had been in a time capsul.

Needless to say I knew this was the one.

After getting it home and testing more amazingly everything worked, mists need some tlc.

Going to be clearing and cleaning the playfield, rebuilding pop bumpers, flippers, and new coil sleeves all around, full leds, silicon runners, and brass plating.

That's it everything else on this baby is in stellar shape, cabinet has zero fade!

IMG_1734 (resized).JPG

IMG_1243 (resized).JPG

IMG_1245 (resized).JPG

IMG_1237 (resized).JPG

IMG_1238 (resized).JPG

IMG_1236 (resized).JPG

IMG_1249 (resized).JPG

#2 1 year ago

Congrats! An all time classic indeed.

The side art does look pretty faded when compared to the front deep oranges/red but whatever, not important and very common.

#3 1 year ago

Very good score. Really goes to show you that there are still some gems out there. Definitely a classic pin.

#4 1 year ago

thelaw it may be the lighting in that side shot, indoors it's very vibrant, but ya there is some very slight fade. Also from what the owner was telling me, for an original cabinet the color is very accurate.

However these days most compare color fade based on repro graphics. Most repro graphics are color adjusted to an over saturated color value, above what the original was. Now he may be wrong but he is a pretty knowledgeable dude.

#5 1 year ago

Here is a better shot u can see side vs front, ya your right thelaw u can see it's slightly lighter but really not bad

Enlight31 (resized).jpg

#6 1 year ago

Great score!

Hopefully you didn't have to take out a 2nd mortgage.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Great score!
Hopefully you didn't have to take out a 2nd mortgage.

These will get remade by CGC\PPS I believe. Good score.

#8 1 year ago

kozmckpinball what will get remade? Indy?? Highly doubt that, the license new would be outrageously expensive I'd assume ltg

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

kozmckpinball what will get remade? Indy?? Highly doubt that, the license new would be outrageously expensive I'd assume ltg

I don't see any licensed W/B game being remade anytime soon. Especially with Disney owning LucasFilm.

#10 1 year ago

Here is a better shot u can see side vs front, ya your right thelaw u can see it's slightly lighter but really not bad

Quite a bit of fade on that left side, but still VERY nice for this title.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I don't see any licensed W/B game being remade anytime soon. Especially with Disney owning LucasFilm.

$8000 for an IJ and rising in price says to me that it will get remade by PPS/CGC. They will learn something from the MBr about licensing and that will help them with IJr. New IJ movie coming out in 2019. Make your bets now.

#12 1 year ago

Congrats! That thing looks beautiful. IJ is my grail pin. Hope to run across one half as nice some day

#13 1 year ago

Playfield clearing in progress

IMG_1884 (resized).JPG

IMG_1893 (resized).JPG

IMG_1899 (resized).JPG

IMG_1906 (resized).JPG

IMG_1907 (resized).JPG

IMG_1914 (resized).JPG

IMG_1920 (resized).JPG

IMG_1925 (resized).JPG

IMG_1927 (resized).JPG

IMG_1936 (resized).JPG

#14 1 year ago

First cleaning pass before and after

IMG_1931 (resized).JPG

IMG_1934 (resized).JPG

#15 1 year ago

And then Waxed

IMG_1941 (resized).JPG

#16 1 year ago

Test fitting the playfield protector, still debating hmm

IMG_1940 (resized).JPG

#17 1 year ago

OK hold on man....we have a confirmed shitshow

WTF is happening here? You either suck at cleaning with Novus 2 (OMG sand paper ) Or you're aboot to put an unnecessary layer of mylar ON TOP of another layer of mylar...needed only because it was on route & unnecessary to you?

#18 1 year ago

TheLaw I suck at cleaning?? I'm totally confused here? I used simple green?

Would you care to enlighten me?

As far as the playfield protector it came free with the machine what not use it? A simple reason why not to could be helpful thanks

#19 1 year ago

I'm curious how much you paid. Looks like a great score.

#20 1 year ago

As far as the playfield protector it came free with the machine what not use it? A simple reason why not to could be helpful thanks

I'm curious too. Although Novis is recommended.

#21 1 year ago

I talked to a ton of people on the proper cleaning protocol... and simple green was what I used for really thick dirt and then I used novus 1. I have no clue what thelaw is talking about.

Yes it's in amazing condition the playfield just had some deep dirt towards the upper playfield but looks great now! I paid 8k jonesjb gimpmaster

#22 1 year ago

Nice Indy- your game looks great. If you decide not to install that makrolon protector, Id be interested in buying if from you.

enjoy

#23 1 year ago

Because you don't need it. You can play the game thousands of times every year for the next 20 years and it won't wear. Assuming you keep the game clean, keep the balls in good shape, and some people will debate this last one, but use a pure 100% carnuba wax.

(protective mylar at ball drops and pops is a good idea, but that should already be there)

#24 1 year ago

Test fitting the playfield protector, still debating hmm

Playfield protectors SUCK! Don't do it! I put one on my STTNG and couldn't stand it. It makes the game play terrible, it sounds weird and looks awful after a couple hundred plays because of scratches and crap getting under it. TERRIBLE

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Playfield protectors SUCK! Don't do it! I put one on my STTNG and couldn't stand it. It makes the game play terrible, it sounds weird and looks awful after a couple hundred plays because of scratches and crap getting under it. TERRIBLE

agree here, never liked playfield protectors..

id give that pf a good clean, then wax that baby good... it will come up beautiful.

#26 1 year ago

You dont need the protector, I would leave it off...just clean and wax and with new balls every now and then that playfield will last forever...

#27 1 year ago

definitely a big negative on the protector, they are horrible.

#28 1 year ago

Great input thank you guys, And yes pure carnuba is what I have... I have reads Vids entire topic on cleaning and have read numerous other articles as well. I was just a little hesitant to use novus 2... the playfield cleaned up really well but

I still have these little dots that look kinda like water spots? You can only see them in certain light and it's only in the middle of the playfield. I can't seem to get them out any ideas, but I did not use novus2 on it yet...

IMG_1938 (resized).JPG

#29 1 year ago

I wonder if what TheLaw is eluding to is the fact you'd be putting the playfield protector over mylar that's already on the pf? You can see the edge of it around the pops.

#30 1 year ago

Could be ya i was skeptical to begin with it's an easy decision as it was free, in not using it, this playfield has seen such little use it would be doing an injustice lol.

So has anyone ever used a clay bar on a playfield. It's very common in the automotive industry to removed bonded contaminants on a clear coat in a non abrasive manner

#31 1 year ago

Could be ya i was skeptical to begin with it's an easy decision as it was free, in not using it, this playfield has seen such little use it would be doing an injustice lol.
So has anyone ever used a clay bar on a playfield. It's very common in the automotive industry to removed bonded contaminants on a clear coat in a non abrasive manner

Novus 1 is fine. You're all good. Stay away from Novus 2 if you can.

Is there Mylar on the playfield?

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Novus 1 is fine. You're all good. Stay away from Novus 2 if you can.
Is there Mylar on the playfield?

The factory Mylar yes

#33 1 year ago

The factory Mylar yes

Just around the pops, Correct?

#35 1 year ago

Ok. Don't put the playfield protector on. It's not at all necessary as long as you replace balls and keep the playfield waxed. The only reason you'd really be using the protector is for superficial piece of mind, but practically it does nothing.

#36 1 year ago

Yup playfield protector just went in the garbage lol, I'm super meticulous about my my machines, I have no problem spending time and extra $ on new balls and good pure carnuba

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from denmark71:

If you decide not to install that makrolon protector, Id be interested in buying if from you.

playfield protector just went in the garbage

#38 1 year ago

lol I thought u meant the whole machine sure I already pulled off the bottom film? But name your price

#39 1 year ago

lol I thought u meant the whole machine sure I already pulled off the bottom film? But name your price

I thought that too!

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

did you get it from https://www.playfield-protectors.com/
The only real difference I've seen is the ball doesn't have as much spin ( though I could of even been imaging that). other then that there is very little difference that I can tell. Yes there is crap that can occasional get stuck btwn the protector and the playfield but it's not going to kill anything. If you have one for the game I'd use it, it would keep you from having to re-clear the game so many years down the road, dependent on play. I've had one on a MMR for over a year and a half on route and no cracks. The playfield is still in mint condition.
As for scratches they are hardly noticeable, I'd much rather them be on the plastic then on the playfield. Sound, really? I have it on 7 so far and that's one thing I didn't notice.

Personally, If I wasn't routing my machines I might not use them. Then again...

Quoted from jonesjb:

The only reason you'd really be using the protector is for superficial piece of mind, but practically it does nothing.

maybe it's made for the lazier people out there. Plus no dimples, guess it wouldn't matter on a playfield that has had a lot of play.

#41 1 year ago

I mean here was my dilemma, u can't get IJ playfi kids anymore... so I figured hey, if it protects the playfield and you don notice it, awesome! However I have have read numerous reviews until my eyeballs almost fell out and peopl seem to be very passionately on one side or the other.

At the end of the day I MAYBE will play His game 1 or 2 times a week,... that being said I don't think it needs it. But I'm not saying it may not be perf ft for others however

#42 1 year ago

I have installed playfield protector on one game, and it played just the same.
Install it, play the game, if you don`t like it, remove it later.

#43 1 year ago

What day is trash picked up in your neighborhood

#44 1 year ago

Man forgot aboot this thread. Catching back up, yes sorry I was a bit vague but i meant either you sucked at cleaning and left a huge line of dirt where a piece of mylar was, or you have mylar on the game and you are aboot to mylar over that mylar.
If anything, I would REMOVE that Mylar by the pops...but IJ I guess that area is pretty hidden.

#45 1 year ago

Cleaned everything, metal, plastic, posts, installing silicon rubbers and of course the missing plastic. Also added a picture of the shooter lane, quite possibly cleanest shooter lane I have ever seen on an IJ, I'm afraid to launch a ball down it

IMG_1958 (resized).JPG
IMG_1964 (resized).JPG

#46 1 year ago

New target decals

IMG_1957 (resized).JPG

#47 1 year ago

Thanks so much cliffy for protecting my investment

IMG_1965 (resized).JPG

#48 1 year ago

Thanks so much cliffy for protecting my investment

Investment?

It's a toy.

#49 1 year ago

You are correct sir pimp77 it is a toy, a very expensive toy that i have invested a lot of money in.. lol

#50 1 year ago

Pop Bumpers are about only thing on the game that actually showed any signs of use. They got new switch stacks new coil Sleeves and some new led lights

Enlight33 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cumberland, RI
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fremont, CA
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 254.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Clinton, UT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside