View topic image gallery

2013-01-10_18.55.15.jpg
2013-01-10_18.55.02.jpg
2013-01-10_19.19.20.jpg
20130110_073800.jpg
20130110_073752.jpg
20130110_072539.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Totally OT from everything...but NAVL is picking up my IM today, so I should have it in a week or so...

I'm super excited, but my wife doesn't want to hear about it any more

#2 11 years ago

Congrats, your first ball should be the best 6 1/2 seconds of your life

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Post of the year. Congrats!

#4 11 years ago

that one made me laugh, good one!

#5 11 years ago

OK...who is going to make the "best 6 1/2 seconds of your life" sex joke now?

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Totally OT from everything...but NAVL is picking up my IM today, so I should have it in a week or so...

Congrats - great game. I loved it day one out of the box. My most played pin. Looks awesome in LED with the LED back box. Enjoy.

#7 11 years ago

I was planning on one of those too, but though my first post was more relavent..

My mind definately runs in that circle though..

And BTW, i heard that other thing was 10 seconds.... ;0

#8 11 years ago

Thanks Gerry...I knew that had to be there somewhere!

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

That's what she said. (sorry, couldn't resist).

#10 11 years ago

This is just going in all sorts of wrong directions...

(go on..who is going to say it..."that's what she said")

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

OK...who is going to make the "best 6 1/2 seconds of your life" sex joke now?

I can last at least 10 seconds....and if I don't I have a guarantee I'll go round...ball 2

#12 11 years ago

How much was the IM?

#13 11 years ago

It was a hair over $5.

#14 11 years ago

Great pickup! I really love that game, so fun, so fast!

#15 11 years ago

Congrats! Great game. You will love it.

Only thing is that stock, it can look a little plain. I highly recommend adding LED's thoughout. Makes the game really pop. And for sure get in touch with Hooked and get the modded figures (Whiplash and War Machine for sure - I also added a Drone in the back middle of the playfield with a led in his chest).

Shaker motor adds a lot to the experience too.

#16 11 years ago

Yup....I cheaped out when I bought it and had the previous owner pull his shaker from it...I thought better and have a new one on the way

Will look into those figures...!

#17 11 years ago

If I drain too fast then I just need 15 minutes and I'm ready to go again.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Congrats!

I'm a bit familiar with this particular IM.

#19 11 years ago

Here is a post by Hooked with the mods. I got the Whiplash with white whips and he looks awesome. LED's in chest are not too bright. All mods look like they should have been there in the first place. Hookup is plug and play with alegator clips.

I have Whiplashes arc reactor hooked up to the pop bumpers and his whips to his flasher. AWESOME affect when his mode starts. War machine's chest is hooked up to GI and his cannon to his flasher. My Drone's chest arc reactor is hooked to GI.

Deal with Hooked with confidence.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jan-2013-mod-special-tron-iron-man-10-off-second-mod#post-575296

#20 11 years ago

Just my opinion: use LEDS for the feature lights but keep the GIs incandescent. It's a very red game, and LEDs completely ruin the color. Make sure you get a Cliffy for the right ramp entrance. Great game, welcome to the club!

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

It was a hair over $5.

Congrats. I know you really wanted one. If you ever get tired of it and want a local sale or trade let me know.

#22 11 years ago

For a long time. When I was shopping for tron I was debating about a tron or im. And soon they will be together

#23 11 years ago

Congrats on your IM!!!!!

#24 11 years ago

NAVL called and scheduled delivery for tomorrow!

I never understood their scheduling. I had a pin shipped from South Carolina to NJ. It took the better part of three weeks. This IM was picked up last Friday afternoon in CA and will be in my home in NJ less than a week later...

Not that I'm complaining mind you....!

#25 11 years ago

You're not too far from me. Throw a party!

#26 11 years ago

Buy the cliffy Ramp protector if you do not have it. Set it steep and enjoy it. I love IM and think your wife will like it as she liked the ramps on T3.

I still have T3 though it does not get the love it should with Tron, IM, Avengers and MM no other game really gets the play time they deserve. In fact I will make sure I play it tonight.

#27 11 years ago

Congrats! Great pin!

#28 11 years ago

post high scores - i opened the outlanes and put everything on hard - sadly my high score is only 36 million right now

thanks ed

#29 11 years ago

Hank..she still misses the T3 Going to have to get the cliffys definitely!

The challenge once it comes is moving it in and upstairs...especially because I want to move at least one machine downstairs to make room for it. I came to grips that until I sold something off I wasn't going to even unbox this...but I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen that way

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

post high scores - i opened the outlanes and put everything on hard - sadly my high score is only 36 million right now
thanks ed

I got 109M once. Usually my score is A LOT lower.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Hah! Man do I feel ya.

#32 11 years ago

124 million without collecting Do or Die...

Game set to xtra hard open outlanes....

It was an excetional game...

Other games, anywhere from 1 mil to 40ish mil...

Average, teens to low 20's...

#33 11 years ago

NAVL had their delivery window set between 8-3....and every other time they have come, they always hit the last half hour of their window.

I worked overnight last night and am headed home by 9 which worked out well since I figured in the odd chance they come early my wife would be home.

What do you know...at 7 my phone rings "I'm ten minutes away, is that OK?"

Well, my wonderful wife put up with being dragged awake a few minutes early and now it's home...
Headed there shortly myself to see about trying to get it inside!

20130110_072539.jpg20130110_072539.jpg 20130110_073752.jpg20130110_073752.jpg 20130110_073800.jpg20130110_073800.jpg

#34 11 years ago

Home, taken apart, moved upstairs, and back together!

Stark meet Flynn!

2013-01-10_19.19.20.jpg2013-01-10_19.19.20.jpg

#35 11 years ago

Looks familiar!

Congrats, IM is a great pin!

#36 11 years ago

Nice I know I was excited to play it at Castles N Coasters in "10"when it came out. I love the sound effects and game play with the magnets. Im more of an X-MEN fan so I had to have that one, but Iron Man would come right after.

#37 11 years ago

Awesome! Excellent choice!

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Home, taken apart, moved upstairs, and back together!
Stark meet Flynn!

Jeff Bridges, meet Jeff Bridges! Now you just need a Big Lebowski pin for the trifecta!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Just my opinion: use LEDS for the feature lights but keep the GIs incandescent.

Use *non-ghosting LEDs* in it. When I got mine, someone that had it before me stuck in a kit, and everything was flashing constantly. It took me a lot of time to tone down the color and make it look less bug zapper-ish.

I'm not commenting on the quality of LEDs that were in it, as I was actually relatively impressed with them, but the game had a crazy bright glow and I have light sensitivity issues, and I literally could not look at it without starting to get a headache.

#40 11 years ago

Agreed - I used NoFlix Plus, and only in a few inserts:

- drones (4)
- character inserts (5)

The rest of the inserts looked better to me with #44s.

#41 11 years ago

Once I get a chance to get it plugged in I will see if there is anything I want to change on it....

LEDs "to taste" of course!

Rob...yes, I think you've seen this one before !

#42 11 years ago

Oh, and we can't forget the required "here is what it went through to get to my gameroom" pictures!

2013-01-10_18.55.02.jpg2013-01-10_18.55.02.jpg 2013-01-10_18.55.15.jpg2013-01-10_18.55.15.jpg

#43 11 years ago

Ouch upstairs game room

#44 11 years ago

Yea....wife and I have at least gotten to the point that we can get the machines in the front door (steps there too) without taking it apart...but narrow hallway and steep steps make it a bit of a challenge....

#45 11 years ago

How hard/easy is it to remove the head?

#46 11 years ago

NJ, you need an Escalara, and a removable handrail, and railing up top...

If i had an upstairs gameroon i'd have to get out of the hobby, or rent a place to have my games..

Stairs SUCK ! LOL

I give you all the credit in the world, you sure are dedicated !

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

How hard/easy is it to remove the head?

Not the hardest thing ever, but a big pain in the ass none the less...

Another thing i wouldnt want to be forced to do to have games... YUCK !

#48 11 years ago

It's funny...my first game was Tron. My buddy (fellow pinsider) picked it up with me, brought it home and we immediately realized the head would have to come off. I had never even opened a pin before and here we are in my driveway at night pulling the head off.
He told me "no big deal" and off came the head. He did 90% of the work. We got it upstairs and started to reassemble it, but he had to head out for a vacation the next morning. I remember going "oh, crap" looking at it with wires seemingly everywhere. Took me close to 4 hours to reassemble it.

I'm selling three machines today. BoP had to come back down the steps. With practice comes improvement...

Took me 15 minutes to pull the head off.
Took me 15 to put it back on.

The most important thing is to take lots of pictures. And to take a sharpie and label each connector.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-im-is-coming and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.