hulk right side 1 (resized).jpg
hulk left side 2 (resized).jpg
hulk left side 1 (resized).jpg
hulk before 4 (resized).jpg
hulk before 3 (resized).jpg
hulk before 2 (resized).jpg
hulk before 1 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Had a water damaged Hulk that was losing all of the paint on the sides. So I decided to paint it. Didn't have room for a spray booth, so I decided to hand paint it. Took about 40 to 50 hours but I think it looks pretty good considering where it started. Also LED'd the playfield and put purple and green star posts with matching color Titan rings. Let me know what you guys think.

hulk before 1 (resized).jpghulk before 1 (resized).jpg

hulk before 2 (resized).jpghulk before 2 (resized).jpg

hulk before 3 (resized).jpghulk before 3 (resized).jpg

hulk before 4 (resized).jpghulk before 4 (resized).jpg

hulk left side 1 (resized).jpghulk left side 1 (resized).jpg

hulk left side 2 (resized).jpghulk left side 2 (resized).jpg

hulk right side 1 (resized).jpghulk right side 1 (resized).jpg

hulk right side 2 (resized).jpghulk right side 2 (resized).jpg

hulk backglass (resized).jpghulk backglass (resized).jpg

hulk backglass on (resized).jpghulk backglass on (resized).jpg

hulk playfield (resized).jpghulk playfield (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Looks amazing. Great job. I have a Gottlieb Spider-Man and the Hulk and the Spider-Man could use a similar re-paint. Did you do it all free hand with a brush or mask it and air brush?

#3 6 years ago

I was never a fan of the pinkish color and really like how you switched it to the purple. Looks so much better. Congrats on a nice job.
-Mike

#4 6 years ago

Excellent work!
There are no rules as to how to do it. What matters is that you did it and another game is ready for another 40 years.

I would love to own this title at some point, it is on "my list"

#5 6 years ago

Beautiful. Still would like to collect this game.

#6 6 years ago

Thanks for all the compliments. Took a lot of time and effort to keep going but I am really happy with the results. zimzam I ended up doing freehand on all of it. By the time I was done it took I got pretty confident and was able to move faster but it was still more of an effort than I thought it would be, but well worth it.

#7 6 years ago

Grizlyrig Yeah I never really liked the pinkish purple they used either, so I went with the purple from the comic books I remembered and it came close to the purple in the rocks from the backglass so I went with it. Very happy with the results. Thanks for the compliment.

#8 6 years ago

Awesome!!! Looks great.

#9 6 years ago

It looks really nice. The most important thing is that you like it and enjoy it!

#10 6 years ago

Amazing job!

1 year later
#11 4 years ago

Dopes214tx

What type of lights did you use in the backbox? Have been toying with warm light / sunlight Leds from Comet for entire backbox or using purple / green for Hulk. Any help is appreciated.

#12 4 years ago

I think it actually looks BETTER than the original!

As a side note, I like the top-down pic where it looks like you are falling down on the pin. It reminds me of a falling dream...except going towards a pinball would be 1000x better than a street or whatever.

3 months later
#13 4 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyPinball:

dopes214tx
What type of lights did you use in the backbox? Have been toying with warm light / sunlight Leds from Comet for entire backbox or using purple / green for Hulk. Any help is appreciated.

All warm frosted in the bg... and very few of them. I probably had maybe half of the bulb sockets empty. Sorry for the late response I'm not on here much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-hulk-restoration?hl=whiskeypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.