Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by NimblePin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg
    C.jpeg
    Trump.jpeg
    Ren.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Toughgirl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 13 years ago

Games have changed so drastically over the years it's easy to see why the young generation doesn't like pins. New games are all about memorization of patterns. The same thing over and over until they win. That's where the pinball problem comes in. It's a physical game, no pattern, no memorization, just pure hand/eye.
    If you think back to the 70's and 80's, arcades had a lot more going on than just games, it was our social meeting place, the place we went to be cool and get away from our parents. I remember hanging out in arcades while I was broke, it was just the place to be.
    So now we just hang out with people our age and play. Trying to recapture our youth perhaps. We do have a few younger people in the crowd, but by younger I mean 21-25. What kid wants to hang out with us old farts listening to Foreigner pumping out of a stereo system?

#17 13 years ago

Anytime I hear 'Urgent', I'm immediately time warped back to the arcade in 82. In our arcade we have a giant playlist that only plays songs from 72-83 Livin' the dream man, even if it's 30 years later

#20 13 years ago

It's my personal arcade (we own a duplex but didn't rent out the other side), but we have company pretty much every night of the week. Enough that we put in vending machines and a pop machine. We were going through 5-6 cases of pop a week and it was starting to cost a little too much. Don't get me wrong, I love company and playing pinball, but everyone has to chip in a little to keep things running.
    Although it's just a house, inside is very much becoming a true arcade. We have disco balls and lasers and flat screen tv's with 5.1 surround. We are friends with Ron Shuster, and if you saw Special When Lit, you can understand how he can inspire you to build a ridiculous arcade for the fun of it. Every time we come back from his place we start looking for something new!! Luckily me and my bf both work on the games and it has become a great hobby for us. We'll be looking for about 4 more pins to restore this fall/winter. The only thing that holds us back is money, obviously. But once you do a complete restoration, it's hard to get that satisfaction by just buying a running machine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Toughgirl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-how-times-have-changed?tu=Toughgirl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.