(Topic ID: 59791)

my house ate my plastics... :( ok, share your lost parts stories...

By ccotenj

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by lladnip
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    raiders_warehouse.jpg
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

rant on...

as i've noted in a couple other threads, i'm finally getting my jacks open back together...

got to the point where i'm ready to assemble the playfield, and went to look for the set of plastics i bought from pbr awhile ago...

and they have completely disappeared...

i think my house is haunted and the ghost stole them... i am mightily frustrated, as i know they have to be there somewhere...

fortunately, pbr still has sets available, but it was a 65 dollar hit for another set...

rant off...

has this happened to anyone else? have parts that you cannot find, no matter how hard you look? this aggravates me because i was able to lay my hands on every other part i saved (which is a miracle)...

#2 10 years ago

Had the same thing happen to me on a Crazy Climber control panel. I had a complete kit for the CC put away for years. Everything was there but the CP. I have no idea how you coupld lose something that big

#3 10 years ago

Just buy them, then put yours on Fleabay if you ever find then again.

#4 10 years ago

@monster... well, now i don't feel as bad...

@newmantjn... already did... they are on the way...

#5 10 years ago

The same thing happened to all my money. It all just disappeared!

#6 10 years ago

^^^

lol... amazing how that happens, huh?

i know where all mine went... wine, women and song... the rest i spent frivolously...

#7 10 years ago

Yep, and they usually show up right after you hit the "Confirm" button to buy the replacement set . . and they are usually right in front of you.

#8 10 years ago

First pin, first plastic NLA.
    Broken so aimed to repair at a later date.
    Lost it and went nuts and probably a little bit too upset.

One shows up on ebay a week later by chance

So feel your pain but only for a while.

#9 10 years ago

You'll find them as soon as you stop looking for them!

#10 10 years ago

Please let us know as soon as you find them. (we need the chuckle)

#11 10 years ago

Happens all the time!

You'll find them when the news ones show up....guaranteed.

#12 10 years ago

My pinball machines eat my tools. I can't find something one day, 6 months later I open up X machine, there it is.

#13 10 years ago

@atomicboy... my house eats my tools too in addition to the plastics it consumed... i bet i've dropped at least a dozen flashlights/screwdrivers/etc. inside the walls...

@ted... oh yea, you guys will be the first to know... i'll man up and admit where i hid them from myself when they eventually show up... i can take being the butt of the joke when i deserve it...

thanks for chiming in guys, i feel better now...

plus the new set arrived today (thus ensuring the other ones will be found shortly)... i love pbr... send jimmy an email one day, a box shows up on my front porch the next day... can't beat that...

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The same thing happened to all my money. It all just disappeared!

How's your Metallica

#15 10 years ago

Didn't you make fun of me when I stored all my spare parts in my coin box area? Who's laughing now Seriously it will turn up,usually a few Beers gets my mind back on track.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

How's your Metallica

Nice! Oh yeah! That's where all the money went. I may have to take it off "Free Play"

#17 10 years ago

@pin-it...

gee, no, i remember saying what a great idea it was...

i think they went to "the land of misfit pinball parts" and are waiting to be rescued by rudolph...

no doubt they'll show up eventually... and since i was able to get another set, it IS amusing (in retrospect, as i was somewhat less than pleased yesterday)...

i may actually get to play it soon...

#18 10 years ago

I've managed to loose an entire portable tool box with my best tools! No da*n kidding! Looked and looked and its just plain gone! We should start a haunted pinball house club!~SpOoKy

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

gee, no, i remember saying what a great idea it was...

Ok just seeing if your memory is good,apparently mines not. Hahaha

#20 10 years ago

I've managed to loose an entire portable tool box with my best tools! No da*n kidding! Looked and looked and its just plain gone! We should start a haunted pinball house club!~Spooky

I know where it ALL went! ...and look...I think I see your toolbox!

raiders_warehouse.jpgraiders_warehouse.jpg

#21 10 years ago

Several years ago I was restoring a 1972 Dodge Charger and bought all new emblems for it. Car has been sold for about 10 years, we have moved 3 times and I still have never found over $300 worth of parts I bought for that Charger?

#22 10 years ago

5-6 years ago I lost my glasses. I looked high and low for them and couldn't find them. Thanksgiving rolled around and I was checking my machines over to make sure they were OK, and my Aquarius wouldn't reset. I opened the hood to discover my glasses sitting on the score motor, with the lens tangled up between a switch stack and the cam, grinding the lens away. I threw out the glasses, but the Aquarius reset.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from newmantjn:

I opened the hood to discover my glasses sitting on the score motor, with the lens tangled up between a switch stack and the cam, grinding the lens away. I threw out the glasses, but the Aquarius reset.

Cracked me up Lmao!

#24 10 years ago

My house just ate 10 boxes of #47 bulbs, my wife swears she had nothing to do with it...

#25 10 years ago

I have four pairs of vise grips. They never appear when I need a pair. And I live by myself.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from newmantjn:

5-6 years ago I lost my glasses. I looked high and low for them and couldn't find them. Thanksgiving rolled around and I was checking my machines over to make sure they were OK, and my Aquarius wouldn't reset. I opened the hood to discover my glasses sitting on the score motor, with the lens tangled up between a switch stack and the cam, grinding the lens away. I threw out the glasses, but the Aquarius reset.

Quoted from Pin-it:

Cracked me up Lmao!

lol, me too... i know SOMEONE who might have left a pair of glasses inside the engine bay of a car he was working on and couldn't find them until the fan mangled them...

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Ok just seeing if your memory is good,apparently mines not. Hahaha

nah, methinks your memory is correct...

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Nice! Oh yeah! That's where all the money went. I may have to take it off "Free Play"

Is it premium or le

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

lol, me too... i know SOMEONE who might have left a pair of glasses inside the engine bay of a car he was working on and couldn't find them until the fan mangled them...

Yep, it's a bitch when your eyes start to see better glasses off than on. (up close)

#30 10 years ago

I tore apart my workshop a couple times looking for my DMM. Been looking for a month and ready to give up and buy a new one. Now since I've torn through and organized my workshop I am 100% sure something else will be lost. Every time I clean up I loose something, might as well just live in squalor.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Had the same thing happen to me on a Crazy Climber control panel. I had a complete kit for the CC put away for years. Everything was there but the CP. I have no idea how you coupld lose something that big

When you are a hoarder things get lost easily.

#32 10 years ago

used to keep every pin coindoor key in each machine and never had a proublem, but i had one that tended to unlock when you played it and the door would swing open every game. iput every machines key on one keychain- then worked on that machine took the key out and set them on the coutch and they fell down in the cushins------ was the longest 4 days of my life untill they turned up!!!

#33 10 years ago

I do electrical work on the side and attics with blown in insulation almost always eat one of my tools.

Drop it and poof, it's mine.

#34 10 years ago

Every time I see this Thread bumped, I think he found them!

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Test bump ,have yet to be found.
    Anyone call for a search party?

#36 10 years ago

I think I've lost my mind. I'll look for it in the morning.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from newmantjn:

Yep, it's a bitch when your eyes start to see better glasses off than on. (up close)

yea, i'm all too familiar with this... even with the bifocals, i gotta take them off to really see up close...

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

lol, not yet... i keep expecting them to show up any minute now since the new set has been installed...

still can't believe i was able to lay my hands on every other part for the machine, right down to the last screw, but can't find an entire bag of plastics...

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

lol, not yet... i keep expecting them to show up any minute now since the new set has been installed...
    still can't believe i was able to lay my hands on every other part for the machine, right down to the last screw, but can't find an entire bag of plastics...

Want some help?

They are probably sitting next to the machine

#40 10 years ago

Probably 8 years ago now I lost one of the main wire ramps & the small wire ramp that feeds the left inlane on an Indiana Jones. Same house & they still haven't turned up. Had to pay a high sum for a set a replacements.

#41 10 years ago

Want some help?
    They are probably sitting next to the machine

typical jersey wiseguy... i even unscrewed the guts and peeked underneath there to make sure i didn't hide them there...

it's alive...

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#42 10 years ago

I was cleaning up a few weekends ago and ran across a ColorDMD marked AFM that never got opened. Didn't know I'd lost it but happy I found it. Now I need to put it in something before I loose it again.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

When you are a hoarder things get lost easily.

I resemble that remark!

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

typical jersey wiseguy... i even unscrewed the guts and peeked underneath there to make sure i didn't hide them there...
    it's alive...

The problem with that remark is I'm actually a typical Poconos wise guy.

I only live in NJ.

I don't say wooder when I mean water

1 month later
    #45 10 years ago

WOOT!!!!!!!!

the missing plastics have been found!

they were carefully stashed away in a drawer with "winter clothes"...

i guess this is the pinball gods way of telling me that i need to buy another jacks open...

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

i need to buy another jacks open...

Here you go!
    albany.craigslist.org link

#47 10 years ago

^^^

i knew I could count on you...

that cabinet is certainly a lot nicer than mine...

4 months later
    #48 10 years ago

the saga continued...

since stashyboy is working on a jacks open, we made a deal for my spare set of plastics... he wasn't in any rush for them, so i didn't ship them right away...

went to look for them and they had disappeared again... completely... went through every parts box and bin, shed, everywhere, and couldn't find them... i let him know they went missing, and sent him out a check to undo the deal (stashy's a good guy, he was very understanding, even though i felt like a total fool)...

my wife was then putting away christmas decorations... and guess where the plastics were? stuffed in the bottom of one of the storage boxes...

they are now safely in his hands... given their proclivity for hiding, hopefully they won't disappear on him as well...

#49 10 years ago

Removed a coin entry plate during a resto - placed it in a bag (which I always do to keep items together) and I have not been able to find the stupid bag as it wasn't with all the other bags/parts. No idea where it went and that was over 6 months ago - worst part is that it is not an item that anyone carries (and no luck on a used one either, so far) so buying a replacement it out.

Still holding onto the hope that it will eventually turn itself in to the authorities and I can put it back where it belongs.

#50 10 years ago

Nawww, this has never happened to me, sorry.

Wait, ok, which one of you wise guys took my truck keys?

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-house-ate-my-plastics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.