(Topic ID: 88781)

My Home Theatre and Pinball room w/Bar!

By MinusWorlds

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Snack Bar 17.jpg
    Snack Bar 15.jpg
    Snack Bar 14.jpg
    Snack Bar 12.jpg
    Snack Bar 11.jpg
    Snack Bar 10.jpg
    Snack Bar 9.jpg
    Snack Bar 8.jpg
    Snack Bar 4.jpg
    Snack Bar 3.jpg
    Snack Bar 2.jpg
    Theater 4.jpg
    Theater 3.jpg
    Theater 2.jpg
    Theater 1.jpg
    Camerons house.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Hey All,

Here are pics of my setup. This is where my STLE is and hopefully adding an METLE soon where that domed chair is. I designed this room myself from the bare walls to the hardware and art on the walls. Every little detail I did and I'm very proud of how it came out. The bathroom is my fav part. It's different and I get that but it's exactly what I wanted. The upstairs actually is your typical NH cabin setup. I wanted something that "grabbed" you for the basement space Also, the TZ has been replaced by STLE but I wanted to show the perspective. Thanks for looking!

BasementDrawing.jpgBasementDrawing.jpg
    TZ1.JPGTZ1.JPG
    STLE729.jpgSTLE729.jpg
    81cd0c55-46a4-4f30-bb35-cb2645ba2e45.1.10.jpg81cd0c55-46a4-4f30-bb35-cb2645ba2e45.1.10.jpg
    00828277-9a55-41a9-b8e1-43c0e6414b20.1.10.jpg00828277-9a55-41a9-b8e1-43c0e6414b20.1.10.jpg

033f8030-dce0-4495-89a1-6851007e9e28.1.10.jpg033f8030-dce0-4495-89a1-6851007e9e28.1.10.jpg
    #2 10 years ago

You have some interesting furniture.

#4 9 years ago

Cool mirror!

#5 9 years ago

To me it looks like a modern retro look if that makes any sense. And I mean that as a compliment. I love the whole look. Wish there were rooms in my house that looked like that.

#6 9 years ago

I like the Seattle Gray wall color.

#7 9 years ago

Too much furniture and not enough space for pins.

#8 9 years ago

Dump the furniture and use that room for more pins.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

You have some interesting furniture.

Elvira should be reclining on that couch!

#10 9 years ago

Looks good, good job. The only thing I would change is the coffee table. It may be cool to add those old school flame flickering light bulbs to that wall chandelier to give it more of a gothic feel? May also add a bartop arcade towards wall on bar top and add some colorful classic posters? I bought Goonies and Lost Boys off Amazon and had them framed-they look awesome. My next poster is Indiana Jones. If you want the bar to really pop you can add some LED color changing light strips with remote control for less than $30 on Amazon. Mount in front under countertop against cabinet.

Cool Poster...
    http://www.amazon.com/Poster-27x40-Patric-Kiefer-Sutherland/dp/B002S8CXG6/ref=sr_1_7

#11 9 years ago

I think he is going for classy. Light strips and movie posters would look tacky in that room.

#12 9 years ago

Well I think there is a balance between classy or fancy and colorful and inviting. I think a living room or dining room should be classy and elegant. As for a basement movie and game room, I feel it should be warm and inviting-thus colorful, especially with bright pinball machines. You don't want to feel like you are living in a museum and nothing is to be touched.

FBDA.jpgFBDA.jpg
    Camerons house.jpgCamerons house.jpg

#13 9 years ago

Ok, I don't wanna crap on anybody's parade here, as I really Do like this room, However, I would hardly call it a "Home Theater".....A Home Theater has a Projector and a Screen, Not a 48" Flat Screen....This is more of a TV/Entertainment Room, but Not a Home Theater.....Either that or whatever I have is Way Out of Line!.....

Edit: This Screen is 9 Feet Wide.....Awesome for X-Box Racing Games.....

Theater 1.jpgTheater 1.jpg
    Theater 2.jpgTheater 2.jpg
    Theater 3.jpgTheater 3.jpg
    Theater 4.jpgTheater 4.jpg

#14 9 years ago

^^^Notice a "Home Theater" has walls lined with classic movie posters-looks very classy

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

As for a basement I feel it should be warm and inviting-thus colorful, especially with bright pinball machines.

Oh, I agree whole heartedly. I just don't think he feels the same way.

#16 9 years ago

I'm in the process of building a "new" Home Theater ( still under construction ) but I have my Snack Bar almost finished which is just off of my 70 Pin Emporium....The wood door with Dragon Handel leads to the Theater...I still need to add the Stone to some of the Walls and around the Sword Insets, but I'm not going to do that until I'm ready to add the stone to the Theater....My Philosophy > Anything worth doing is worth Over Doing!...here is a preview:

Snack Bar 2.jpgSnack Bar 2.jpg
    Snack Bar 3.jpgSnack Bar 3.jpg
    Snack Bar 4.jpgSnack Bar 4.jpg
    Snack Bar 8.jpgSnack Bar 8.jpg
    Snack Bar 9.jpgSnack Bar 9.jpg
    Snack Bar 10.jpgSnack Bar 10.jpg
    Snack Bar 11.jpgSnack Bar 11.jpg

Snack Bar 12.jpgSnack Bar 12.jpg Snack Bar 14.jpgSnack Bar 14.jpg Snack Bar 15.jpgSnack Bar 15.jpg Snack Bar 17.jpgSnack Bar 17.jpg
    #17 9 years ago

Awesome Stu-How much for a Twix Bar? If you charge $3.50 it should re-coop some construction cost-LOL
    Everyone around the Forum is always saying- you know you made it-when you have a nacho cheese machine.

#18 9 years ago

Looks great bro. Love the wall colors.

#19 9 years ago

Lets see that pinball room!

#20 9 years ago

Apparently you didn't read the Marquee Sign in the Center Bottom section.....

Quoted from pinmister:

How much for a Twix Bar

#21 9 years ago

My appologies to the OP as I really did Not mean to derail his post.....

I need to take some more "recent" pics of the 70 Pin Emporium and when I do I'll start a new thread.....

Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Lets see that pinball room

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Apparently you didn't read the Marquee Sign in the Center Bottom section...

So no one is ever going to eat that Twix bar .
    Room looks good though .

#24 9 years ago

Awsome snack bar.

#25 9 years ago

Aww SNACK (bar)

#26 9 years ago

I guess I need to start saving for a cheese pump.

#27 9 years ago

cheese pump good

#28 9 years ago

Haha no worries on the derail. Thanks for the compliments I really appreciate them.

Stu that setup...I have no words. Just off the wall awesome.

Quoted from mcclad:

To me it looks like a modern retro look if that makes any sense. And I mean that as a compliment. I love the whole look. Wish there were rooms in my house that looked like that.

Makes complete sense as that is what I was going for. So I guess mission accomplished!

Quoted from pinmister:

Looks good, good job. The only thing I would change is the coffee table. It may be cool to add those old school flame flickering light bulbs to that wall chandelier to give it more of a gothic feel? May also add a bartop arcade towards wall on bar top and add some colorful classic posters? I bought Goonies and Lost Boys off Amazon and had them framed-they look awesome. My next poster is Indiana Jones. If you want the bar to really pop you can add some LED color changing light strips with remote control for less than $30 on Amazon. Mount in front under countertop against cabinet.
    Cool Poster...
    amazon.com link »

Love the flickering light idea. I think that would look awesome. Thanks a lot!

I should mention this is in a vacation rental so it is slightly different from something I'd have in my own place. I wanted the polar opposite of the upstairs which is a mountain cabin. The thought was modern Victorian basement. I think it worked. I will someday have an MB and a TAF as the two games. That will def fit in very well.

Anyway thank you all for your feedback and suggestions. I sincerely appreciate them all. Thank you too for not ripping into me. I know it's different but I literally poured my life savings into this place to try and make it different and successful and right now I'm glad to say its one of the highest rated and most rented vacation properties in my area.

Tom

#29 9 years ago

MinusWorlds, I really like your room and your decorating choices... Really a cool vibe. Good work!

#30 9 years ago

Man, I would be so scared to have a pin in a vacation rental. Even if it does cater to high rollers.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Man, I would be so scared to have a pin in a vacation rental. Even if it does cater to high rollers.

Trust me, it sucks. Easily what I worry about the most. What is really great though is that I get the most compliments on the pinball, it's up there with the hot tub which is saying a lot! I have to say tho people have been extremely respectful of the machines. I don't think anyone wants to mess up the pins when I have their credit card info, a security deposit and a signed rental agreement.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Trust me, it sucks. Easily what I worry about the most. What is really great though is that I get the most compliments on the pinball, it's up there with the hot tub which is saying a lot! I have to say tho people have been extremely respectful of the machines. I don't think anyone wants to mess up the pins when I have their credit card info, a security deposit and a signed rental agreement.

man, if I rented a place, and showed up to find pinball machines were there (ALSO). I'd be going back there every year

excellent call and great way to differentiate yourself !

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

man, if I rented a place, and showed up to find pinball machines were there (ALSO). I'd be going back there every year
    excellent call and great way to differentiate yourself !

Thanks man! Yep that is exactly what I thought (great differentiator) but really wasn't sure how that would go over in real life. First I was like people won't even touch it, but I thought when I go up with family and friends we get to play. Then the comments and feedback started coming in. People absolutely love it! I would estimate that 50% of my guests comment on how fun it is for them and how it gets the whole family involved. I've been doing this just over a year and some of my guests have been there 2 or 3 times already!!!

#34 9 years ago

Everything is free for topless women at my house too!!! Love the snack sign. After seeing all the game rooms I need to step it up a little. Great job!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-home-theatre-and-pinball-room-wbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.