(Topic ID: 329643)

My guess Godzilla is highest selling Stern ever?

By rai

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 11.10.54 AM (resized).png
    Owned2 (resized).png

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

I think it just came along at the right time. Elwin was hot and lots of new people in the hobby looking for the newest game. In the end, there will be many on the market for less than retail when the shine wears off. And honestly, that is how it should be for all used games.

This post will not age well.

#52 1 year ago

Easy figure out how many Godzilla sold if you wanted to just look at on the line production runs since start x that with how many they make per week same goes for any of the newer ones.
    As for the older games lots of pages for you to look through doing the same process.But saying only 2600 GZ were sold i think is a strech look at daveys mod he is up to crazy numbers and less that 50% dont like mods on there game so he is already past that in USA alone

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atlantis:

Easy figure out how many Godzilla sold if you wanted to just look at on the line production runs since start x that with how many they make per week same goes for any of the newer ones.

Yes that’s easy math. What’s not easy is figure out the variables. We are not privy to any of that information.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes that’s easy math. What’s not easy is figure out the variables. We are not privy to any of that information.

So what Variables are you speaking off , the 250 machines per line one per week or the how many titles they do per month cause i have that info?.

Also 1k LE'S if i remember right that leaves 1500 pros and prem?

#55 1 year ago

Worth noting that godzilla owners are likely more currently active on Pinside, being that it's a brand new pin. Loads of people who bought Sterns 10-15-20 years ago are probably long gone from Pinside, or were never on it in the first place. Heck, back in the 2000s Chuck E Cheese was biying new Sterns and then throwing them in the dumpster when they were done. Only Stern knows the answer here.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atlantis:

So what Variables are you speaking off , the 250 machines per line one per week or the how many titles they do per month cause i have that info?.

You have no idea if they are doing 250 per week. All we know is their capacity per day (approximately 115 games a day). No one knows if they are doing that much, half that, 75%. And no one knows how many of each title make up that amount.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Worth noting that godzilla owners are likely more currently active on Pinside, being that it's a brand new pin. Loads of people who bought Sterns 10-15-20 years ago are probably long gone from Pinside, or were never on it in the first place. Heck, back in the 2000s Chuck E Cheese was biying new Sterns and then throwing them in the dumpster when they were done. Only Stern knows the answer here.

Ahhhh the elusive Chuck E. Cheese dumpster finds!

The dream of a free roached out stern and possibly a semi warm slice of that magic yet shitty pizza, always kept me warm in the darkest of times.

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from athens95:

Back 20 years ago they were selling Harley’s. They came out with NO new designs for like 4 or more years and just kept selling HARLEY And LOTR. I would think these two titles would be up the list, just because of the time they were selling. Plus, all other manufacturers were out of business during that time. It was Harley or non new pin.

There's literally 9 different games between HD and LOTR, with 2-3 titles per year. (excluding NFL since it's a reskin of Striker Xtreme )

There certainly were several re-runs of HD though. I used to see it everywhere and, despite it being one of the worst games ever, they were always played to death. Does it count against the title since a chunk of its run was under the Sega label?

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Godzilla is very good about always having you in a spot to be close to something awesome. You are never on the same path. Always something enticing you to go a different direction. The layout is a breath of fresh air too.

This is it. Godzilla is the new Twilight Zone. Everything you do lights up and gets closer to something else, and on a layout where those things keep leading to each other. It has the biggest mental hook to get you to demand "more" of any game we've ever seen.

Now that I've agreed with the popular opinion, I'll agree with the unpopular one. The Pro is perfectly fine and I actually prefer it a bit over the Premium. I don't really care which way the ramps divert or about physical locks on the building, the collapsing bridge and rotating spinner lane have minimal effects on gameplay, and the super train loops mode is boring and takes too much time.

#60 1 year ago

The rumor was always TSPP and then LOTR based on the amount of re-runs Stern used to do back in the day. Then ACDC supposedly topped them, and then everyone suspected MET had to top it for similar reasons... tons of runs over long periods.

Now Stern's production model is so different the old external observations don't hold the same. GZ is king of demand, but has it really been king of production? Plus, its still pretty new in the scheme of things.

Star Wars is the one I would expect to be in the running...

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-guess-godzilla-is-highest-selling-stern-ever/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.