DSCN0145.JPG
DSCN0149.JPG
image.jpg
DSCN0128.JPG
knowledge-tim-the-enchanter-monty-pyth.jpg
bridge-gorge-eternal-peril.jpg
MP-Holy-Grail-rabbit-handgrenade.jpg
MP-Holy-Grail-castle_anthrax.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenbear.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 10 years ago

congrats!!!. The machine looks very nicely packed but wouldn't it be better to ship without legs?...would just be a little concerned about cabinet damage that way. Not to hijack thread, but do many people here ship with legs on?

#35 10 years ago

By the way...you are becoming one of OCs finest pinball collections. Awesome.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I would be concerned about shipping damage with or without the legs, but those two guy's are professionals, so I won't worry.

Yes I get that, but the additional risk of shifting of contents and the legs rippping out of the sockets worry me. Hopefully, since they are experienced as you say, they strap it down or pack so it won't shift and put strain on the legs. These things are built tough enough to withstand houligans in arcades so they are pretty sturdy so I am certain it will be ok. I haven't done it yet, but I assume many are shipping with legs on when they use NAVL and getting by. When I tranport in a pickup or other vehicle, I always take the legs off (Not that anyone cares what I do since I am not as famous as Lloyd nor as experienced).

#38 10 years ago

plus you have bought and sold more machines than me which makes your word more highly qualified than mine!!! Again congrats on the game. I have never played one but have heard great things about it.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This was much more than luck. Although Brian (o-din) and I had never met, I was an admirer of his posting style here on Pinside. He's funny, seemly honest and stays away from the sniping and shit storms. I've never seen him attack anybody here but if he did I'd trust his judgment.
Long story short: I had other determined suitors to buy my Joker Poker. I held it for o-din and even let him beat me up on price a little bit. *Nothing against the other contenders but I felt comfortable with o-din.
*Food for thought to Troll's and those with a chip on their shoulder.
Kim

Nice statement

Quoted from Mr68:

I'm proud to say Chris is a friend of mine. And he is one of the most talented pinball mechanics out there. So much so that he was able to tune this machine *during game play*, with the glass on and the coin door locked.
Through a series of pushes to the left and right flipper buttons and a nudge or two, he repaired the game to perfection. Freak'en magic!
Kim
CARGPB #36

Now maybe I am stating the obvious and either showing my gullibility or my lack of experience...but that has to be a joke...right? You can't tune a machine that way, but if you could I would pay to see that. Please save me the suspense tell me it ain't so.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fernie, BC
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenbear.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-grail-pin-is-on-the-way?tu=goldenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.