New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 52313)

My grail pin is on the way. It's here!

By o-din

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by balbers
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN1490.JPG
beavisandbuttheadsleeping-1.gif
th-3.jpeg
wagontrain-pinball-transport.jpg
scanners-Revok-scanning-a-guy.jpg
DSCN0131.JPG
DSCN0174.JPG
DSCN0145.JPG
DSCN0149.JPG
image.jpg
DSCN0128.JPG
knowledge-tim-the-enchanter-monty-pyth.jpg
bridge-gorge-eternal-peril.jpg
MP-Holy-Grail-rabbit-handgrenade.jpg
MP-Holy-Grail-castle_anthrax.jpg

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He's funny, seemly honest and stays away from the sniping and shit storms. I've never seen him attack anybody here but if he did I'd trust his judgment.

Quoted from Mr68:

Long story short: I had other determined suitors to buy my Joker Poker. I held it for o-din and even let him beat me up on price a little bit. *Nothing against the other contenders but I felt comfortable with o-din.

Thank's for the kind words, Kim. You are more than a gentleman, and I really appreciate you giving me the opportunity to own such a precious machine.

It almost didn't happen because as the e-bay auction ended on that routed one and I had been outbid, I turned off my computer and went for a bike ride, as I figured it wasn't meant to be. Something Alex told me made me turn around and check the thread, and sure enough you had posted that you were ready to part with yours. I instantly thought I was 15 minutes too late, but I sent the PM as fast as I could. I guess I made it just in time.

I am just having too much fun to complain in this forum, but I do understand that others do get frustrated with things in life and do vent on the forum. It's OK, because we've all been there. But personal attacks, whether intentional or not somehow also seem to come with the territory. I get cocky sometimes just like everyone else, but try to keep it in good fun. You guys are the best!

Thanks,

Brian- AKA o-din

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

Now maybe I am stating the obvious and either showing my gullibility or my lack of experience...but that has to be a joke...right? You can't tune a machine that way, but if you could I would pay to see that. Please save me the suspense tell me it ain't so.

One time, I achieved LITZ on Twilight Zone, just by willing the ball to where I wanted it.
I can sometimes cause golfers on TV to miss putts too...

Thanks Kim!

--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#103 7 years ago

Chris,

Are you a "Scanner"?
If so, perhaps you can get that Joker Poker to arrive at o-din's place a bit faster (but safely).
It seems like it is taking fo-evah.

I believe I could have driven from south Louisiana to Colorado, picked it up, then driven it out to OC, CA by now. And I don't even have special mind control powers.

Cheers!

#104 7 years ago

The dream will have to wait. Joker Poker was picked up 9 days ago and never left Colorado. My grail pin is not on the way. Oh well. Thanks for sharing my enthusiasm.

o-din

#105 7 years ago

Time for a road trip!

Congrats on the acquisition. Got mine a couple weeks ago (space mission).

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from Prmailers:

Time for a road trip!

Yah, I could have been there in a day. 20/20 hindsight. Apparently the truck missed the turn, whatever that means. I was told that tomorrow it will be on it's way. To Salt Lake City.
As long as it eventually shows up unscathed, I'm good. I am a very patient person. It's been 35 years, what's another week?

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I am a very patient person. It's been 35 years, what's another week?

I'm not patient and I'm excited for you to receive this pin. Seriously, I'm hating this wait!

Kim

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm not patient and I'm excited for you to receive this pin. Seriously, I'm hating this wait!

Kim

Hey Kim, I try to make the best of any situation. We'll turn this into a party thread when it gets here. Hold on, Surfside just pulled up with a Star Pool in the back of his truck! Gotta go!

#109 7 years ago

Okay o-din,

Seeing how we have some time to kill before your Joker Poker e-m shows up, I've got something for you to chew on (or just think about), ...and it actually will not be completely off-topic.
I ran into this while researching ipdb when updating the mirrored backglass thread.

Did you know that there is a couple 1985 pinball machines called Odin and Odin Deluxe?
I think either of these could be a legit holy grail pin for you, or at least to go on your Pinside Wishlist.

I would put the artwork at A or A+. Check it out on ipdb. If I had one I would be a proud owner.
A pic of the backglass artwork would also make a great avatar for you here on Pinside.

However, it is usually not easy to get a grail pin, and this one would likely be tough to find.
Per Mr Pinball -- Pinball List & Price Guide there is estimated to be less than 530 produced of each.
May have to find one in western Europe or possibly an uber collector here in USA.

MLV

#110 7 years ago

Thank's, I have seen those and they are pretty cool, but I already have an odin pin. Fireball.
Seem's like Joker pokers not the only thing running late...................

#111 7 years ago

Woo hoo! It made it to California. Northern California. Just a few more days.............

#112 7 years ago

Good to hear.

wagontrain-pinball-transport.jpg

#113 7 years ago

Another five days in San Jose................and they tell me.............it's on the way.

th-3.jpeg

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It looks like it is in good hands.

Uhhhhhhhhh..............................
beavisandbuttheadsleeping-1.gif

#115 7 years ago

Can't wait. That is such a beautiful machine.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Man, Joker Poker EM! Doesn't get any better than that! Now that truly is a grail pin.

Dan

Your right, Dan. It doesn't get any better than this.
DSCN1490.JPG

#117 7 years ago

Thank you, Kim. It is even more beautiful in person than the pics you sent me. I really appreciate you letting her go. She has a good home.

Thanks again,
Brian

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thank you, Kim. It is even more beautiful in person than the pics you sent me. I really appreciate you letting her go. She has a good home.
Thanks again,
Brian

You're very welcome, Brian.

Kim

#119 7 years ago

How sweet it is!
// Error: Image 108371 not found //

#121 7 years ago

I actually remember playing Joker Poker back in the day. Congrats on your new pin. It's always a great day when a bucket list item gets checked off.

Now you need to update your collection in your profile. I'm certain you'll be more than happy to do so!

#122 7 years ago

FINALLY!!!! I've been following this post for the last week and it's taught me a valuable lesson, ROAD TRIP!!

Congrats on a very cool pin!

Art.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from balbers:

Now you need to update your collection in your profile. I'm certain you'll be more than happy to do so!

As soon as I'm done playing! Nothing left on my wish list, I snagged em all (and a couple x-tras). Although a buddy has a real nice Williams Grand Prix EM for sale that is a blast to play. I wouldn't mind adding that one to the collection.

2 weeks later
#124 7 years ago

A bump of this thread, because I know o-din is playing his Grail pin right now!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 9.99
Tools
PinShield
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
COINTAKER.COM
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 36.99
Playfield - Other
Pinball Stuff
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6.00
€ 6.50
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside