DSCN0145.JPG
DSCN0149.JPG
image.jpg
DSCN0128.JPG
knowledge-tim-the-enchanter-monty-pyth.jpg
bridge-gorge-eternal-peril.jpg
MP-Holy-Grail-rabbit-handgrenade.jpg
MP-Holy-Grail-castle_anthrax.jpg
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have always liked pinball since I was little, and a few games I remember well. Fireball and Klondike when I was a child, and Black Knight when I became an adult. Joker Poker is the one that bridged that gap when I was a teen, and they had a small gameroom at the community college (FJC) that I used to walk through on the way home from high school. Joker Poker was my game. On one quarter I could play forever. Then one day it was gone! I did play the solid state version at Big John's while that place was there, but I noticed it was not the same. Now Joker Poker EM is coming home.

Great story man. Enjoy the game!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Great story man. Enjoy the game!

Thank's, you know I will.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have always liked pinball since I was little, and a few games I remember well. Fireball and Klondike when I was a child, and Black Knight when I became an adult. Joker Poker is the one that bridged that gap when I was a teen, and they had a small gameroom at the community college (FJC) that I used to walk through on the way home from high school. Joker Poker was my game. On one quarter I could play forever. Then one day it was gone! I did play the solid state version at Big John's while that place was there, but I noticed it was not the same. Now Joker Poker EM is coming home.

Wouldn't it be pretty cool, if by chance, it was the same exact pin you played at the community college years ago? Do you know all of the history of the one you just bought?

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Wouldn't it be pretty cool, if by chance, it was the same exact pin you played at the community college years ago? Do you know all of the history of the one you just bought?

No and yes. This one is HUO formerly owned by a Gottlieb employee. It has only just over 17,000
plays on it. That is aprox. 1.5 plays per day in it's lifetime. So it may actually be in nicer condition now than that one was 30+ years ago. Yes, I'm pretty stoked.

#55 10 years ago

Mmmm....shiny! But it's not here yet. I suppose if I've waited this long, then a few more days won't hurt.

DSCN0153.JPGDSCN0153.JPG DSCN0167.JPGDSCN0167.JPG

#56 10 years ago

o-din,
While seeking your holy grail pin, were you /did you:

* led by a Grail-shaped beacon to Castle Anthrax, populated only by women who wished to perform sexual favours for you, but then "rescued", somewhat against your will, by Lancelot (er, um, centerflank)?

* travel to see Tim the Enchanter (TigerLaw), who pointed you to caves where the location of the Grail pin was written on the walls. To enter the caves, o-din's group was forced to defeat the Rabbit of Caerbannog using the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?

* and/or travel to the final last peril, the Bridge of Death, where each of your Knights was forced to answer three questions by the bridge-keeper (Robin) before you could cross the Gorge of Eternal Peril?

Just curious.

MP-Holy-Grail-castle_anthrax.jpgMP-Holy-Grail-castle_anthrax.jpg MP-Holy-Grail-rabbit-handgrenade.jpgMP-Holy-Grail-rabbit-handgrenade.jpg bridge-gorge-eternal-peril.jpgbridge-gorge-eternal-peril.jpg

#57 10 years ago

Tim the Enchanter (TigerLaw)

knowledge-tim-the-enchanter-monty-pyth.jpgknowledge-tim-the-enchanter-monty-pyth.jpg

#58 10 years ago

Way to show your EM love. Grats on getting your grail!

#59 10 years ago

Congratulations on getting this rare classic machine and welcome to the JP EM Club !

Mines are 01046 S and 08083.

To me, my grail pin is Charlie's Angels EM.

#60 10 years ago

When you get her up and running in its new spot in your house, take a vid of some gameplay for us...

It would be cool to see the old girl running....

Enjoy your new to you game

#61 10 years ago

Hey O-din,
Electric bill of $21.05 per month is going to creep up a little!

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

o-din,
While seeking your holy grail pin, were you /did you:

The hardest part was locating a nice shrubbery.

#63 10 years ago

Mmmmm... Joker Poker!

DSCN0128.JPGDSCN0128.JPG

#64 10 years ago

Very nice indeed!

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Very nice indeed!

I wish it was closer!

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wish it was closer!

When is it supposed to arrive? Have you heard?

Ya got me all worked up here o-din.

Kim

#67 10 years ago

Mmmmm.... Joker Poker?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ya got me all worked up here o-din.

You aren't the only one! Sometime late next week or so. They must have done the roundabout. I could be to your place in a day (which may not have been a bad idea).

#69 10 years ago

Congrats brother - I'll let you know next time we're heading down to the OC... if you're around maybe we can meet up for a bit more Metallica and maybe a bit of Joker Poker!

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You aren't the only one! Sometime late next week or so. They must have done the roundabout. I could be to your place in a day (which may not have been a bad idea).

We should have talked about that. You could have stayed at my place.
Next time?

Kim

#71 10 years ago

Man, that looks fantastic! Congratulations!

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from juster:

Congrats brother - I'll let you know next time we're heading down to the OC... if you're around maybe we can meet up for a bit more Metallica and maybe a bit of Joker Poker!

That sounds good to me! We had a lot of fun. You, G, Mollie, NimblePin, (and I'm trying to remember the other guys handle), and myself really rocked that Metallica and my collection that day. That's what they are here for. Give me a jingle when your in town.

#73 10 years ago

Great game and exceptional condition.....nice pickup indeed

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

Congratulations on getting this rare classic machine
To me, my grail pin is Charlie's Angels EM.

This is what grail means to me. There are newer pin's that command high dollars, but they are out there. Just open your bankbook and it's yours. Then there are the real special ones that you can spend years looking for, and never know if you'll ever see one, let alone have a chance to pick up a nice one. Some times you get lucky and happen to be in the right place at the right time.
I sure was.

#75 10 years ago

I have seen, played, and worked on this exact game. It's a beauty! You will be very happy with it.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

I have seen, played, and worked on this exact game. It's a beauty! You will be very happy with it.

No kidding! Small world. If you say it's a beauty, then it must be! Where did the two of you cross
paths?

#77 10 years ago

I think I recognize one of the NAVL employees in the picture or Great Plains shipping as the local agent, did this ship from CO?

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from aberdeentp:

did this ship from CO?

Si!

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No kidding! Small world. If you say it's a beauty, then it must be! Where did the two of you cross
paths?

Kim brought it to the RMPS a few years ago. Kim's a bud of mine and I was helping him tune it. It's one of the nicest condition original games I've ever seen. Kim tended to it like a mother hen. I thought he'd never let go of it.
--
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#80 10 years ago

This is beyond a dream come true! I will take good care of this historical piece.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is beyond a dream come true! I will take good care of this historical piece.

I'm always so happy for people when they find their grail game. Also, as others have said, a grail game isn't about cost, its about getting what you really want and the hunt. Bravo o-din!

#82 10 years ago

Awww...... shucks.

#83 10 years ago

Congrats ! Was fortunate enough to have one in my home last week. It was a lease for a tournament. I really enjoyed it. Never played the EM version before! Sadly, it is now back in its legitimate home...

Guess my own (achievable) grail pin would be Catacomb.

#84 10 years ago

Sexy lookin' machine!

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is what grail means to me. There are newer pin's that command high dollars, but they are out there. Just open your bankbook and it's yours. Then there are the real special ones that you can spend years looking for, and never know if you'll ever see one, let alone have a chance to pick up a nice one. Some times you get lucky and happen to be in the right place at the right time.
I sure was.

I am waiting for Charlie's Angels EM for 7 years.

I have time and money, my bankbook is full !

#86 10 years ago

That's kind of funny. I'm not a fan of EMs. I always said that the closest game to an EM I've ever liked was Joker Poker... I had no idea that there actually was an EM version of the game. Awesome! Now I can claim that there IS an EM I actually like!

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some times you get lucky and happen to be in the right place at the right time.
I sure was.

This was much more than luck. Although Brian (o-din) and I had never met, I was an admirer of his posting style here on Pinside. He's funny, seemly honest and stays away from the sniping and shit storms. I've never seen him attack anybody here but if he did I'd trust his judgment.

Long story short: I had other determined suitors to buy my Joker Poker. I held it for o-din and even let him beat me up on price a little bit. *Nothing against the other contenders but I felt comfortable with o-din.

*Food for thought to Troll's and those with a chip on their shoulder.

Kim

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Kim brought it to the RMPS a few years ago. Kim's a bud of mine and I was helping him tune it. It's one of the nicest condition original games I've ever seen. Kim tended to it like a mother hen. I thought he'd never let go of it.
--

I'm proud to say Chris is a friend of mine. And he is one of the most talented pinball mechanics out there. So much so that he was able to tune this machine *during game play*, with the glass on and the coin door locked.

Through a series of pushes to the left and right flipper buttons and a nudge or two, he repaired the game to perfection. Freak'en magic!

Kim
CARGPB #36

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He's funny, seemly honest and stays away from the sniping and shit storms. I've never seen him attack anybody here but if he did I'd trust his judgment.

As tempting as it may be!

#90 10 years ago

Just look at that 35 year old shooter lane!

DSCN0149.JPGDSCN0149.JPG

#91 10 years ago

Upper playfield and backside of backglass!

DSCN0145.JPGDSCN0145.JPG DSCN0174.JPGDSCN0174.JPG

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This was much more than luck. Although Brian (o-din) and I had never met, I was an admirer of his posting style here on Pinside. He's funny, seemly honest and stays away from the sniping and shit storms. I've never seen him attack anybody here but if he did I'd trust his judgment.
Long story short: I had other determined suitors to buy my Joker Poker. I held it for o-din and even let him beat me up on price a little bit. *Nothing against the other contenders but I felt comfortable with o-din.
*Food for thought to Troll's and those with a chip on their shoulder.
Kim

Nice statement

Quoted from Mr68:

I'm proud to say Chris is a friend of mine. And he is one of the most talented pinball mechanics out there. So much so that he was able to tune this machine *during game play*, with the glass on and the coin door locked.
Through a series of pushes to the left and right flipper buttons and a nudge or two, he repaired the game to perfection. Freak'en magic!
Kim
CARGPB #36

Now maybe I am stating the obvious and either showing my gullibility or my lack of experience...but that has to be a joke...right? You can't tune a machine that way, but if you could I would pay to see that. Please save me the suspense tell me it ain't so.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Upper playfield and backside of backglass!

Wow! Who ever took those pictures must be one handsome man.

Kim

#94 10 years ago

One more profile shot before this beauty gets here. It is so gorgeous that I must share!

DSCN0131.JPGDSCN0131.JPG

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Wow! Who ever took those pictures must be one handsome man.

Kim

They are all I've got!

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

Please save me the suspense tell me it ain't so.

Its aint so. I was totally joking. Chris is simply a pretty boy.

o-den isnt the only one with humor.

Kim

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

o-den isnt the only one with humor.

Ha ha, Kem. Hey what's up with Captain Fantastic in the background? Is that what they
mean by "tilt"?

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ha ha, Kem. Hey what's up with Captain Fantastic in the background? Is that what they
mean by "tilt"?

There's a large mirror leaning against the wall next to the Captain Fantastic. The visual helps balance me during happy hour.

Kim

#99 10 years ago

Sure fooled me! It looked like the Captain had grown another head.

#100 10 years ago

o-din,

If you put mirrors on the wall and ceiling in the corner of your pinball room and put Joker Poker by the mirrors, then you can double or triple the number of e-m Joker Pokers you have.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fernie, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-grail-pin-is-on-the-way/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.