IMG_6115.jpg
IMG_6069.jpg
IMG_5984.jpg
IMG_6093.jpg
IMG_6058.jpg
IMG_6035.jpg
IMG_6033.jpg
IMG_6009.jpg
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Can't say for certain, but I can't imagine it's anything but HUO. This is right after I unpacked it. The backbox, coindoor, and under playfield are immaculate. The playfield looks like it was waxed once, and has the original rubbers. I had to replace two broken drop targets and there was one blown bulb (ONE! ). There's a few small bumps and dings on the cab, but this thing is crazy beautiful. My grail pin I've been looking around for forever - finally in my collection.

IMG_6009.jpgIMG_6009.jpg IMG_6033.jpgIMG_6033.jpg IMG_6035.jpgIMG_6035.jpg IMG_6058.jpgIMG_6058.jpg IMG_6093.jpgIMG_6093.jpg IMG_5984.jpgIMG_5984.jpg

#2 11 years ago

and a few more...

IMG_6069.jpgIMG_6069.jpg IMG_6115.jpgIMG_6115.jpg IMG_6094.jpgIMG_6094.jpg

#3 11 years ago

wow....one of my grails also...Looks to be perfect...what a great score

#4 11 years ago

Sweet it looks new. Congrats.

#5 11 years ago

Thanks guys. I haven't even cleaned it yet or replaced the rubbers (which look original). I'm almost afraid to touch it, much less play it.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Thanks guys. I haven't even cleaned it yet or replaced the rubbers (which look original). I'm almost afraid to touch it, much less play it.

Solid. You get that from Steve in GR?

#7 11 years ago

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 11 years ago

B E A U T Y

#9 11 years ago

Wow. That is beautiful! Congrats!

#10 11 years ago

Gorgeous. Congrats

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Solid. You get that from Steve in GR?

Yep, that's the one. I am so grateful to him. This was an unbelievable find.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Yep, that's the one. I am so grateful to him. This was an unbelievable find.

I've actually touched that machine haha. Thought I recognized it. Bought two or three machines off him once. His basement is completely stuffed with pins with a winding path through it...then he tells me he's got a warehouse near the airport or something. Holy shnikes!!!

#13 11 years ago

WOW!!!

Call me jealous! I go to my buddies house that has over 10 games and inevitably I end up on CentarII for the majority of the time.

LOVE that game.

congrats

#14 11 years ago

Gorgeous game! Even more so than a full restore there is something extra special when you get an older game in this kind of condition..

#15 11 years ago

That is awesome congrats !!!

#16 11 years ago

Wow, now THAT's impressive. Congrats!

#17 11 years ago

Shooter lane looks AMAZING!!!!!!!

#18 11 years ago

Wow looks awesome! So fun! I missed out on a Centaur II last month, bad move human.....

#19 11 years ago

That artwork is stunning, love the backglass!

#20 11 years ago

Pinster - what did you do? Go back in time & pick this machine up? Unreal condition for it's age... Great find!

#21 11 years ago

What an amazing pickup dude! unreal. BEAUTIFUL!!
Game looks brand new!

#22 11 years ago

Nice Congrats..

#23 11 years ago

Outstanding shop job.

One of the best art designs of all time

Congrats!!!!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Outstanding shop job.
One of the best art designs of all time
Congrats!!!!

Thanks all. I don't think this game received more than just a playfield wipe down or two. Everything looks untouched. I put more fingerprints in the game last night changing the drop targets than its had in 31 years. And I still have to shop it!

#25 11 years ago

Wow, that looks amazing! The shine on the underplayfield metal makes it look brand new!

Always good to find a machine you have been looking for. Congratulations! Enjoy it!

Chris

#26 11 years ago

That is beautiful indeed, but surely its just a fantastic shop job? Original rubbers would be hard as nails, yellowed and likely all cracked just with normal ageing.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Wizcat:

That is beautiful indeed, but surely its just a fantastic shop job? Original rubbers would be hard as nails, yellowed and likely all cracked just with normal ageing.

From what I saw they appear original. They are dry and yellow, but with the minimal play that this Centaur has seen they stayed intact. The flipper rubbers were probably changed, thats it. The game has not been shopped to my knowledge.

#28 11 years ago

That's the nicest original Centaur I've ever seen, and I've seen a few when I was searching for my own. Even if it was shopped, the playfield is original just by the way the whites have yellowed slightly. Great score!

It is one of the best from it's time hands down! Congrats!

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Can't say for certain, but I can't imagine it's anything but HUO. This is right after I unpacked it. The backbox, coindoor, and under playfield are immaculate. The playfield looks like it was waxed once, and has the original rubbers. I had to replace two broken drop targets and there was one blown bulb (ONE! ). There's a few small bumps and dings on the cab, but this thing is crazy beautiful. My grail pin I've been looking around for forever - finally in my collection.

That is beautiful! Nicest original Bally I have seen. Thanks for the pics. What did u pay? That is a one of a kind market.

#30 11 years ago

Very nice Centaur. Congrats!

Good Move Human

#31 11 years ago

Wow very nice, awesome to know there are still some nice dream machines of this era around.

#32 11 years ago

Awesome! I've seen new Sterns that don't even compare to this! I cannot believe the amount of shine this thing puts off...

Great score!

#33 11 years ago

Wow! That is sweet! I'm very envious. Congrats on the pickup. Centaur is one of my grails as well. Seeing one this nice makes me want to start my Centaur II CPR playfield swap and restoration.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Seeing one this nice makes me want to start my Centaur II CPR playfield swap and restoration.

Do it! Then give me that old centar PF so I can retouch the entire thing and get it fixed for when I find a Centar someday

or we can use it to start building that Centar III we were talking about...

#35 11 years ago

It must have cost a pretty penny with shipping, but it is gorgeous.

[edit] Drop-dead gorgeous!

#36 11 years ago

Thank thing is sexy.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Do it! Then give me that old centar PF so I can retouch the entire thing and get it fixed for when I find a Centar someday

It would definitely be cool to see you work your magic on the old playfield and get it cleared and put to good use. A custom Centaur III would be sweet!

#38 11 years ago

Outstanding realy Nice

#39 11 years ago

Minty fresh!! Damn fine looking machine there.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My Centaur swap hit a snag when I started buying more pins. You could always drive up to Wausau and help finish it. . Bad news is the old PF is pretty blown out in the middle.

#41 11 years ago

Wife says I've been walking around with a pin-boner since I got it. Yeah honey, you got that right.

Here's a few more...

IMG_5972.jpgIMG_5972.jpg IMG_5974.jpgIMG_5974.jpg IMG_5992.jpgIMG_5992.jpg IMG_6061.jpgIMG_6061.jpg IMG_6073.jpgIMG_6073.jpg IMG_6103.jpgIMG_6103.jpg

#42 11 years ago

Wow that thing is mint!

#43 11 years ago

WOW!! that looks insane

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

My Centaur swap hit a snag when I started buying more pins. You could always drive up to Wausau and help finish it. . Bad news is the old PF is pretty blown out in the middle.

All you'd need is a black Sharpie and some White Out and you'd have that thing looking brand new!

#45 11 years ago

Paperwork is not needed when they look like this.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

All you'd need is a black Sharpie and some White Out and you'd have that thing looking brand new!

Would have to be a 3D Sharpie to get the surface level again.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I spent some time last night with my black paint pen taking care of small cab blemishes, following each with a wipe with lint-free cloth to blend. The playfield I'll leave alone. I just did some Novus 2, then Mother's carnauba wax to protect it. After work today I'm working on swapping out the rubber, vacuuming out the cabinet, while taking random moments to just stare at it with my mouth hanging open.

Hey, anyone know where to get a battery replacement? Looks soldered to the MPU. I'd like to keep this as stock as possible. Thanks!

#48 11 years ago

Pinball Resource has the stock batteries for these boards. You have to keep a close eye on them though in case they start leaking.

#49 11 years ago

Got it, thanks! Actually need to call them for the rubber post caps and other misc...

#50 11 years ago

Instead of putting in another battery, I'd just solder in one of those "button" capacitors that Great plains sells. -They look great and you don't have to ever worry about battery leakage. You may also want to replace the big C23 cap on the solenoid board due to age if it hasn't been replaced already?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
7,032 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

£ 195.00
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-grail-pin-arrived-huo-centaur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.