Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by jrrdw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

BUT at what cost!!!!!
    ebay.com link: ws

#2 13 years ago

Am I missing something - book value is 1,125. I dont know anything about this game why the huge price tag?

#3 13 years ago

So I ask the seller this: "Is the price posted a typo? This pinball machine list for just under $1,300.00 dollars like new condition. $9,000.00 dollars realy?"

I wonder if he will post it on the auction page, or even answer for that matter...

#4 13 years ago

What game is it? Can't access Ebay at work

#5 13 years ago

tomdotcom - it's a 1982 Gottlieb Spirit Pinball. Never seen or played one and not sure what would possibly make it worth $9k. Is it super rare?

#6 13 years ago

By no means I'm no expert but this machine in particular, I have "some" knowledge.
    I'll preface by saying I have played all three of this series of machines EXCEPT Krull. To me and alot of other players it's the best of the group.

The way understood it that alot of Gottlieb machines were exported across the pond and compound it with that Spirit tanked in the 'cades back then. The way it sounds, with the low production run, due to tanking and the myriad of technical issues some these were also scrapped by op's.... So that 1,125 gets alot smaller with these factors and in the hands of collectors that will never let it go bumps up the price! Now not that much but it seems the rate of these seem to be around 3 - 4k from recent transactions....

#7 13 years ago

This is his response if you didn't see it yet:
    "It's not a typo. I will buy everyone you can find for $1300.00 no matter what the condition."

reminds me of this guy I met that bough a beat up TAF that happened to have gold trim (but not gold edition) for about 3k. He is so optimistic that he is going to sell it for 9k because 'thats what these gold ones go for on ebay'. No, its what one person put on ebay but never sold it..doesn't mean that is what it is generally worth.

#8 13 years ago

and he isn't willing to use paypal?
    not exactly priced to sell.

#9 13 years ago

Note - that seller has a pretty storied history. If anyone is seriously considering this machine they should search RGP for George Riley.

#10 13 years ago

Wow .. I've sold real antique machines for less than this like a Bally Rocket.

#11 13 years ago

This guy doesn't have a prayer of getting anywhere near that much for this pin. He's out of his mind.

#12 13 years ago

If this guy gets that much for that pin - Im selling my entire collection tomorrow and buying a new house.

#13 13 years ago

I hope the guy sells it for 9 thou I really do,
    just to prove any day the right seller can meet the right buyer -poof

#14 13 years ago

Keep in mind.....this is the same guy who has the Goin Nuts for sale for a only 12k!

#15 13 years ago

yeah I saw the location and thought about that other pin Schusler.

As collectors we should keep in mind that one day and hopefully not a sad day we will all have to part with our collections.
    Dont want to be a joy wrecker but think about those who come in 'after' and have to do something with all those pinball machines?
    I'd hate to see my sister stuck with the task of cleaning out HDCs house
    but look on the bright side at least it's not 5-10 automobiles

#16 13 years ago

he's just trying to sucker someone.

#17 13 years ago

"but look on the bright side at least it's not 5-10 automobiles ..."

Or 100 in Jay Leno's case.

#18 13 years ago

I'm surprised he even answered much less posted it. 1,230 of them made, still not rare enough to justify 9K. If it sells it gives new meaning to a fool and his money are soon parted!

#19 13 years ago

That irony is that many a valuable thing becomes a $20 item in the estate sale the month after someone passes on. Happens every day. Collectibles, toys, and, yes, pinball machines. In fact, I would wager than many a pin becomes a virtual albatross in the hands of someone who doesn't want it much less cannot even lift the machine up off the ground.

#20 13 years ago

What? No takers on this reasonably priced machine? Tight wads!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-grail-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.