(Topic ID: 130732)

My Gotlieb Solar Ride flippers freeze during the 4th ball

By Mike5321

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I tried to reset the high score on my Gotlieb Solar Ride pinball machine with an updated board, and now even though the machine is set for 5 balls, the 1st 3 balls play fine, but while the 4th one is in play, the flippers stop working but the game remains in play.
There was a white button on the new board, that I pressed in an attempt to reset the high score..it basically appeared to shut the machine down and then reset when the button was pressed and then released. Can some one help me get this game to work correctly again..all was fine until I tried to reset the high score.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I look foward to any suggestions.

I thank you in advance for your antipated help

Michael

#2 8 years ago

I have looked at your question several times and was hoping someone with more Gottlieb solid state experience would help. I guess I'll take a stab at it. I just keep pondering on what would make the flippers die on ball four.

If you get to ball four and you take the ball out of the game, do the flippers still die, with no action on the playfield?

Which kind of updated board do you have?

If you change to three ball play, can you get through a complete game without losing the flippers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jefferson, WI
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-gotlieb-solar-ride-flippers-freeze-during-the-4th-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.