Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Razorbak86
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dust-it.jpg
    marco.jpg
    My God-200.jpg
    image.jpg
    ScreenHunter_37 Nov. 12 17.31.jpg
    Marco-Dirty-Donny.jpg
    IMAG5556.jpg
    Towelie.jpg
    Overreaction.jpg
    2014-11-02 15.15.54.jpg
    There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 9 years ago

$21 for 5 slingshot kicker springs. $3 something each and $5 to ship. F***ng ridiculous. This is why I was asking if anyone had one they would sell me as you have to take it up the browneye to buy anything from Marco. Their shit is 2-3 times as much as Pinball Life.

#2 9 years ago

bayareaamusements.com is another resource that sometimes has similar parts, which is sometimes a bit cheaper. PBResource carries some common parts too in addition to Gottlieb stuff.

thepinballwizard.net might be another resource as well, though I haven't ordered from them yet.

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

$21 for 5 slingshot kicker springs. $3 something each and $5 to ship. Fucking ridiculous. This is why I was asking if anyone had one they would sell me as you have to take it up the browneye to buy anything from Marco. Their shit is 2-3 times as much as Pinball Life.

Yes, but they have tons of stock we have a hard time getting elsewhere.

Pinball is an expensive hobby, that's for sure.

#4 9 years ago

everyone is out of this spring but Marco.

#5 9 years ago

order other stuff you'll eventually need at the same time to cut back the shipping cost per item.

#6 9 years ago

I was but they were too expensive. I just ordered the springs and left it at that.

#7 9 years ago

Hey - there's always MAD......

#8 9 years ago

So you paid $4/spring instead of $3

#9 9 years ago

Pinball Resource didn't have them? Their shipping would have been around $5.

#10 9 years ago

relax.

#11 9 years ago

The last time I ordered from Marco they threw in an extra t-shirt and shipped less than ten minutes after I placed the order, showed up in two days.

Pinball life shipping seems like it's generally more for some reason and last time I ordered they didn't actually get it out the door for four business days. They are cheaper for commodity-type things like bulbs though. I don't think $5 is worth a week of waiting when I'm placing a $50-$100 order.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Sounds like Marco's policy of keeping tons of pinball crap in stock and easily searchable is working out in the market! I'm much happier if someone has something in stock at a crazy price than not in stock at all.

#13 9 years ago

10-128 Kicker $0.50

ask for Dave

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from aztarac:

Hey - there's always MAD......

I have never had a problem with him. He located a scoop for my RBION when mine broke and Stern wouldn't sell me one. Funny, I set the game up and on the first game the scoop broke and the ball shot straight up and broke the glass.

#15 9 years ago

Not sure I get it.
    $3.00 for a spring that you needed isn't exactly highway robbery.
    Shipping is what it is, not their fault really, they used to get you there but have toned back some.
    Did you really need 5 of them?!? Probly not
    I would rather pay 3 bucks and let them say in business, than get a 50 cent spring and watch them fail.

#16 9 years ago

I like Marco. When I call them, I've always had friendly service. They don't "scold" me like pbresource does if I don't have a part number.

Blame the USPS and their shipping rates and, while you're at it, blame the oil companies for raising prices, which, in turn, raises postal rates.

Also, high postal salaries and benny's raises them too.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from scott_freeman:

10-128 Kicker $0.50
    ask for Dave

Where?

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

$21 for 5 slingshot kicker springs. $3 something each and $5 to ship. Fucking ridiculous. This is why I was asking if anyone had one they would sell me as you have to take it up the browneye to buy anything from Marco. Their shit is 2-3 times as much as Pinball Life.

if you don't like the prices, buy somewhere else. however, some of their items are more reasonably priced so it pays to shop around. but there is no reason to get so worked up over it. just relax.

#19 9 years ago

I like pinballlife & marcos. Ordered from both last week, already have my Marco order. I don't see complaining about a $5 shipping cost for a machine likely worth thousands. If you don't want to pay it, wait until someone else has it in stock and you could save $4

#20 9 years ago

Like everyone said...there are always options. If you NEED a part and only one place has it, either you pay to play or you wait until someone else gets it in stock.

But yeah, it's important to build up a stock of parts. I always order extras. And stuff I don't need at that moment. It's not bad to get that $.05 part you don't need when it's just taking onto another order...but it sucks when you NEED it and you spend $5 to ship it!

Got a pile of pop bumper skirts I may never need, but at least I won't be stuck scrambling!

Then again I just had a specific post I NEED for my MM. Nobody domestically has it. So one post that Marco normally sells for $3...um, it cost me almost $25 to get it from Australia.

But best to price shop. I know who has what for the best price.

2014-11-02 15.15.54.jpg2014-11-02 15.15.54.jpg
    #21 9 years ago

For the record, I love Marco. I order from them quite often. Their website is a great resource, and their shipping speed is almost always second to nobody.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

So it is in stock, you can't find it anywhere else, and then you are bitching at them for being a business? I'm just having a hard time understanding this one. If you don't like their price, don't click "Checkout". They are providing a service to you, and that costs. Cry about it all you want.

#23 9 years ago

My (till now, private) complaint is that I rarely seem to be able to buy everything I need from one source, so I end up paying multiple shipping fees. It is not at all unusual for me to buy from three or four different vendors at once. Guess I'm doing my part to keep them all in business.

#24 9 years ago

Not buying from them really narrows your chances of finding what your looking for from slim to none in a lot of cases.
    what did you expect a walmart competitor when searching for a pinball part?

#25 9 years ago

I would be smiling if I could ship something from Marco as cheap as five bucks

But I'm in Canada.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Like everyone said...there are always options. If you NEED a part and only one place has it, either you pay to play or you wait until someone else gets it in stock.
    But yeah, it's important to build up a stock of parts. I always order extras. And stuff I don't need at that moment.

And +1 for this!!! Every time I place an order I add something. And I can't count how many times it has saved me. Just recently a friend pointed out my BSD was having a trough problem because the one-way gate was missing. Fortunately I had ordered a combo pack of wire and had just the right size. 10 minutes and a pair of pliers later I had a new one-way gate.

#27 9 years ago

*****Newsflash*****

companies can charge what they want for a product - dont buy from them if the price isnt of your liking...

Just an example of pricing on a coil... I could say "How dare Pinball Life try to shove it up my poop shoot by charging $3.75 more, oh gawd the humanity!!!"

Bally A-24-570

Bay Area $6.00 (NOS)
    PBL $9.75
    PBR $10.50
    Marco $12.95
    Happ $16.95
    Game Room Guys $17.99

#28 9 years ago

$3.00 for spring that will last the rest of your machines life or $30 for a steak dinner that will be gone in twenty minutes. Just shut up and eat!

#29 9 years ago

At least you guys don't have to pay $30 minimum to ship parts like us New Zealanders do (and wait 2-3 weeks to get it). I dream of being able to order a handful of parts and only pay $5 shipping. If we forget something important on an order then it winds up being an expensive mistake.

#30 9 years ago

"My god, this is why I dont order from Marco"

....but you just did.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I have never had a problem with him. He located a scoop for my RBION when mine broke and Stern wouldn't sell me one. Funny, I set the game up and on the first game the scoop broke and the ball shot straight up and broke the glass.

Ha. Doesn't surprise me.

#32 9 years ago

R. E. L. A. X.
    Sounds like someone is an Aaron Rodgers fan.

#33 9 years ago

I do most of my ordering from Marco too. Most items are in stock, the process is easy, they take my Paypal, and they ship fast. I think that's worth paying for.

#34 9 years ago

They have some lime spots for bf that i want to order. Thing is they are wanting 6 bucks to ship something that fits in a tiny envelope so I am waiting to see if any other needs come up. Their prices tend to be higher though so not really sure it will end up saving me anything.

#35 9 years ago

Could be worse and you could live in Australia and get slugged a fifty for post. Not the cheapest but best range.

#36 9 years ago

Are you upset that the springs are too expensive or that you are charged for shipping? I don't get it. I hate paying shipping as much as sales tax but you have to keep that in mind with any online purchase. Someone else may have free shipping but charge more for each item.

From what little I have seen, Marco seems to have decent prices, good website, and a good selection. Shipping has been super quick for me. I wish shipping was free for little stuff but $5-6 for shipping is not that unreasonable for most orders.

#37 9 years ago

I ♡ Marco

#38 9 years ago

No one has a part op needs except Marco but he insults them, that grinds my gears.

#39 9 years ago

I also like dealing with them. They sent me some dodgy decals for my High Speed spinners. I called and let them know they looked like they were printed on my home printer. They went and looked at their stock, acknowledged the problem and next-dayed me a REALLY nice laminated set. I was happy. That's good service

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

No one has a part op needs except Marco but he insults them, that grinds my gears.

How dare they be a few bucks more expensive.

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

Pinball Resource didn't have them? Their shipping would have been around $5.

Eh, I got charged a little over $8 for a small box by them and the price on the shipping label was plain as day $2 dollars cheaper than what I was charged. Not sure if there was some hidden insurance/tracking thing tacked on but I shrugged it off as I had my hard to find parts from a nice place.

#42 9 years ago

My last order from Pinball Life they sent it UPS at the most expensive service (air) on my account. My mistake not verifying ground only on my ups account. Cost me hundreds of dollars extra - lesson learned!

When I order metal parts, Steve Young always sends it USPS Air. Costs me $60 - $100.

#43 9 years ago

And don't forget that Marco regularly has a booth at most pinball shows.

#45 9 years ago

They opened some NIB for SFGE

#46 9 years ago

I love Marco. I love the fact they take the time to put labels on EVERYTHING, so when I order 5 of 10 different coil sleeves, I don't have to take a measuring stick and determine what is what.

We buy $2000+ pinball machines and complain about a $4.00 spring. I get that you don't make money by giving it away, but sometimes man, just pay what they want and get on with life.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from Beez:

R. E. L. A. X.Sounds like someone is an Aaron Rodgers fan.

He's on my wife's fantasy football team, so generally I'll root for him.

When he plays my Bills in a few weeks, that won't be the case.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

My last order from Pinball Life they sent it UPS at the most expensive service (air) on my account. My mistake not verifying ground only on my ups account. Cost me hundreds of dollars extra - lesson learned!
    When I order metal parts, Steve Young always sends it USPS Air. Costs me $60 - $100.

UPS Ground into Canada has its own problems. Unless you make your own customs clearance arrangements with them in advance, there is a huge fee.

I always use USPS (with Canada Post handoff) for Canada shipments.

#49 9 years ago

If I have the time and patience, I'll order from PBR. It's most likely cheaper for a big order but searching Steve's site is a pain, at best.

I have a big order for Steve for my EBD restore, but it's a process.

If I want it quick and easy, which I normally do, I use Marco. I might pay a little more, but life is short. There really shouldn't be any surprises about the total cost. You see it all, before placing the order.

#50 9 years ago

Double-post.

There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-god-this-is-why-i-dont-order-from-marco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.