You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

steven.jpg
Axl-is-a-HUGE-Star.jpg
me_an_slash.jpg
me_and_adler.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackjacker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Duffs wife was herd telling everyone in public that GNR is back together coming to a arena near you soon!

Brandi Glanville, not Duff's wife.

Don't believe it until the house lights actually come down.

With Axl now short two guitar players (at least), it's an opportunity for the music blogs to weave that into the narrative and regurgitate the rumors again. Blabbermouth, loudwire, bravewords, tmz... they're all circulating the same reworded bullshit with "quotes" from "anonymous producers" and "industry insiders." Notice they don't even mention who the lineup would be. FWIW, Izzy won't commit to that circus, while Steven couldn't.

These rumors started up (again) back in August, when in an interview Slash was asked about his relationship w/ Axl and he said they'd dispelled "some of that negative stuff" - but didn't actually say that they'd even spoken. It sounded more like he'd just dropped it, and he changed the subject when asked about a possible reunion.

A week or two ago, the rumors cranked up again because a promoter in Argentina named-dropped a GNR reunion as something he was working on. Meaning... he contacted GNR's reps (like every other promoter does every month) and left them a voicemail.

I'd love to see it as much as the next guy, and I'd be at the first show wherever it is, but I'm not buying my plane tickets until that morning.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Its F'n G'n'R not the Eagles! That's the kind of shit they always pulled and made it Rock n' Roll! You would be happier going to see a more Corporate rock band that starts at 8:30 to be dangerous and is off stage at 10! ?

Going on late isn't "dangerous" - it's an insult to a lot of the people that are paying your freight. And that's coming from someone who saw them finally start after 3:30 AM once, and loved it.

There are other ways the band was "dangerous," but by itself going on late isn't an example of that at all.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

But A for effort Axl.

Duff

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from GoodManners:

Poor Steven Adler - what a mess. Probably won't make the cut and be on the reunion tour if it happens.

The good news for Steven is that once it's over, they can tell him he *was* a part of it, and he'd be telling stories about how great it was for years after.

Quoted from GoodManners:

Plus Matt Sorum is a way better drummer.

Matt's technically a better drummer, sure, but to some his playing comes off as mechanical, giving him his 'drum machine' rep. I do like his live playing.

I'm working the instrumental demos of Civil War and Locomotive (Adler on drums) into my PinSound mix for GNR, and it makes you wonder what UYI would have sounded like if Steven could've kept it together.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,000 (OBO)
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackjacker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-gnr-pinball-just-went-up-in-value?tu=blackjacker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.