You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

steven.jpg
Axl-is-a-HUGE-Star.jpg
me_an_slash.jpg
me_and_adler.jpg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Duffs wife was herd telling everyone in public that GNR is back together coming to a arena near you soon!

#2 8 years ago

Too bad axel still an assh@le and likely will always be one.

#3 8 years ago

Time for Stern to do a GnR remake/VE?

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Duffs wife was herd telling everyone in public that GNR is back together coming to a arena near you soon!

No, it didn't.

I am waiting for an official announcement, not some drunk chick screaming in public.

#5 8 years ago

10k by Christmas lol

#6 8 years ago

I hope it's true. There has been strong rumors to that since Slash and Axl recently made up. Axl also let go of all the hired guns, so I think that story has a lot of legs.

#7 8 years ago

i'm sure you will hear about them getting back together about 100 times, over the course of 10 years, and then when it finally happens, it will be uneventful because of all the false release times.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Brandi Glanville, not Duff's wife.

Don't believe it until the house lights actually come down.

With Axl now short two guitar players (at least), it's an opportunity for the music blogs to weave that into the narrative and regurgitate the rumors again. Blabbermouth, loudwire, bravewords, tmz... they're all circulating the same reworded bullshit with "quotes" from "anonymous producers" and "industry insiders." Notice they don't even mention who the lineup would be. FWIW, Izzy won't commit to that circus, while Steven couldn't.

These rumors started up (again) back in August, when in an interview Slash was asked about his relationship w/ Axl and he said they'd dispelled "some of that negative stuff" - but didn't actually say that they'd even spoken. It sounded more like he'd just dropped it, and he changed the subject when asked about a possible reunion.

A week or two ago, the rumors cranked up again because a promoter in Argentina named-dropped a GNR reunion as something he was working on. Meaning... he contacted GNR's reps (like every other promoter does every month) and left them a voicemail.

I'd love to see it as much as the next guy, and I'd be at the first show wherever it is, but I'm not buying my plane tickets until that morning.

#11 8 years ago

I wouldn't hold my breath. Chances are they won't make it past a couple rehearsals before Axl has a meltdown and they call it off.

#12 8 years ago

HAs anyone heard Axel's voice lately? I would love that magic back but I think it's long sailed!

#13 8 years ago

Okay, well you guys all stay home when it happens.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

HAs anyone heard Axel's voice lately? I would love that magic back but I think it's long sailed!

I heard the replay of their last tour that came here to Detroit about 5-8 years ago. Yikes! I guess he had to end the show early because his voice got rasped out!

#15 8 years ago

Late 2011 I saw them back to back and his voice was great. Best shows I ever saw. He's older now, and so are you. Changes happen.

#16 8 years ago

Axl has ALWAYS been hit or miss with his vocals live, even back in their heyday.

That being said, it would be cool to see the OG lineup again (and possibly get another request for my GnR pin backstage)

#17 8 years ago

Who cares. They are off the relevant music radar.

I know it's a whimsical post but doubt anything the band does at this point will effect the game and its value

I have one ... Love it,.,,, a keeper in the lineup and features the great APpetite album music. Nothing more nothing less

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Axl has ALWAYS been hit or miss with his vocals live, even back in their heyday.
That being said, it would be cool to see the OG lineup again (and possibly get another request for my GnR pin backstage)

Hit and miss..... Axel didn't even show for 2002 concert in Vancouver......followed by a riot!

#19 8 years ago

I heard the game is great but I haven't played it yet. No offense was meant by my post. A radio show was making light of the performance here in Detroit and I thought it was funny but I definitely have respect for what they've done for music. They definitely have some classic jams that will always be great!!!

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

No doubt about it, he's terrible.

#21 8 years ago

I really enjoy my pin, and I like their music, but I kinda hope it doesn't happen. I am really enjoying Slash's new stuff, and I can't wait for his next album with Myles.

#22 8 years ago

I just watched the 25th anniversary show. Axle aint bad just not the same.

What I will miss is the Motley Crue final tours....those last few were good.
Wonder how long Slash will hang in there...or if he will be in.

#23 8 years ago

GnR will increase in value when Axl OD's or falls drunk into his pool.

#24 8 years ago

I'm kind of glad I got to see GnR at a small club back in '87. But there's $10 I'll never get back.

#25 8 years ago

I saw Axl with new GnR featuring Buckethead on guitar in 2004. Unbelievable show. Then again after the underated masterpiece Chinese Democracy came out in Cleveland OH 2008 and it was 3 1/2 hours Awesome. Axl was great and his voice was great. He sand some lower melody parts in places where age has caught up but it was great. Love Axl Screw Slash he is a hack

#26 8 years ago

It makes sense for GNR to get back together.... $$$$$ > Ego. Now, will their sets start before 2am because Axl couldn't get to the venue, that's another story. I can tell you this, the people who would pay big money for tickets (me included) are probably the same people that won't put up with the shit he dished out just to see them live. 2am set starts, storming off in the middle of the set, hopping in the crowd to punch someone to start a riot etc.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It makes sense for GNR to get back together.... $$$$$ > Ego. Now, will their sets start before 2am because Axl couldn't get to the venue, that's another story. I can tell you this, the people who would pay big money for tickets (me included) are probably the same people that won't put up with the shit he dished out just to see them live. 2am set starts, storming off in the middle of the set, hopping in the crowd to punch someone to start a riot etc.

Its F'n G'n'R not the Eagles! That's the kind of shit they always pulled and made it Rock n' Roll! You would be happier going to see a more Corporate rock band that starts at 8:30 to be dangerous and is off stage at 10!

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Its F'n G'n'R not the Eagles! That's the kind of shit they always pulled and made it Rock n' Roll! You would be happier going to see a more Corporate rock band that starts at 8:30 to be dangerous and is off stage at 10! ?

Going on late isn't "dangerous" - it's an insult to a lot of the people that are paying your freight. And that's coming from someone who saw them finally start after 3:30 AM once, and loved it.

There are other ways the band was "dangerous," but by itself going on late isn't an example of that at all.

#29 8 years ago

All I'm saying is, things change in 20 years. People change in 20 years. It's 2015, not 1995, you can't act like 1995.

I would be pissed if i had to stand around for 4 hours waiting.

Quoted from kporter946286:

Its F'n G'n'R not the Eagles! That's the kind of shit they always pulled and made it Rock n' Roll! You would be happier going to see a more Corporate rock band that starts at 8:30 to be dangerous and is off stage at 10!

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

All I'm saying is, things change in 20 years. People change in 20 years. It's 2015, not 1995, you can't act like 1995.
I would be pissed if i had to stand around for 4 hours waiting.

I was pissed when I stood around for 4 hours so was crowd energy grew and grew and grew and i thought the Arena would explode then at stroke of midnight the lights went off the opening riff to Welcome to the jungle started to play and I thought the place was going to explode. Most unbelievable atmosphere I've ever FElT at a concert!

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Going on late isn't "dangerous" - it's an insult to a lot of the people that are paying your freight. And that's coming from someone who saw them finally start after 3:30 AM once, and loved it.
There are other ways the band was "dangerous," but by itself going on late isn't an example of that at all.

Depends on who you are playing for. I dont think its an insult. They've been doing this same "bullshit" since the beginning. Its what they do, if you don't want to stay up late dont go to a Guns concert. And if time of start doesn't matter why not play at 6pm ??? The atmosphere changes. I've played hundreds of concerts/shows with my bands and Ill tell you what huge difference I Vibe of a day crowd vs an evening crowd vs a midnight crowd. Just dont go but the Live DVD and watch it from home if you don't want to experience the show.

#32 8 years ago

1st album was ok for a minute. Rock Star syndrome BS..............

#34 8 years ago

Was Just in California Last Month And spoke with this gentleman for a few about the reunion
me and adler.jpgme and adler.jpg
And this gentleman as well last year
me an slash.jpgme an slash.jpg

They were both positive!!!!!

#35 8 years ago

And no before someone asks adler was sober

#36 8 years ago

Recently got to play a GNR for the first time, loved it, thought definitely one to look for, then I saw the prices...I thought all DE games were on the inexpensive side...unfortunately out of my price range, at least for a while..

#37 8 years ago

Also, since it's in the title, no, it didn't. GNR prices will not go up, just like JD didn't go up when a new movie came out and X-File's games aren't going up because Netflix made a few more episodes. And yes, I own a GNR.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Recently got to play a GNR for the first time, loved it, thought definitely one to look for, then I saw the prices...I thought all DE games were on the inexpensive side...unfortunately out of my price range, at least for a while..

GnR has been the most expensive of the produced DE games for a while now. When I bought mine it was expensive for a DE, but cheap for a GnR.

I do love mine, and it is my GF's favorite game in my collection, so it is not going anywhere

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm kind of glad I got to see GnR at a small club back in '87. But there's $10 I'll never get back.

I feel the same way. Same them at the Coronado Theater in Rockford, IL back before Appetite got huge. They were so raw, and great at that time.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I went to the gnr show a few years back in Vancouver and it was amazing. Axls voice was great, no problems. They played for 3 hours! Longest performance I've ever seen by a band.

I also saw original gnr at bc place back in '93 I believe it was and there's not much difference. His voice has always been good but never perfect in concert.

Either way no complaints here.

#41 8 years ago

Rolling Stones announced their 2016 tour schedule. Maybe Stern will issue the VE.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Perhaps Stern knew of this and that was why we saw a Guns n Roses pinball at the Expo tour 3 or 4 years ago?

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Rolling Stones announced their 2016 tour schedule. Maybe Stern will issue the VE.

I believe the concert will mimic the game, with Mick held up by a stick.......

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I believe the concert will mimic the game, with Mick held up by a stick.......

Van full o granpa's Tour ?

#45 8 years ago

Axl-is-a-HUGE-Star.jpgAxl-is-a-HUGE-Star.jpg

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Was Just in California Last Month And spoke with this gentleman for a few about the reunion
me and adler.jpg
And this gentleman as well last year
me an slash.jpg
They were both positive!!!!!

Poor Steven Adler. If there is a reunion, there's no chance he will be a part of it, and I can't imagine what he'll do.

#47 8 years ago

GNR has been the flagship game for DE at least for 12 years. Just like MM has been for bally/williams, and Stargate for Gottlieb and batman forever for sega.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Axl-is-a-HUGE-Star.jpg

More like:

Welcome to McDonalds!
We got shakes and Fries
We got quarter pounders, and we got apple pies
Jus bring yourself a child and have yourself a ball
Look at all the pictures, of Ronald on the wall

At McDonalds, Welcome to McDonalds
Would you like a happy muh muh muh muh muh muh meal, meal

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

GNR has been the flagship game for DE at least for 12 years. Just like MM has been for bally/williams, and Stargate for Gottlieb and Batman Forever for sega.

Ohhhh, so close, Neo. - It's Goldeneye for Sega.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ohhhh, so close, Neo. - It's Goldeneye for Sega.

I disagree. Ask people the best sega and 70% will say batman forever. Which I love batman forever. But I also like Starship troopers a lot. But I also know SST is a bottom feeder. I accept it and embrace it. Doesn't matter to me if it's a bottom feeder or flagship. But I have to give credit to where it's due, and that helm belongs to Batman forever. Goldeneye is an alright game, but I think what hurts its popularity, is the fact that not many people have ever played one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-gnr-pinball-just-went-up-in-value/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.