6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 217 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Baiter
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What's your relationship status?”

• Relationship. >5 year 31 votes
      13%
    • Married 154 votes
      66%
    • Relationship + 5 years 16 votes
      7%
    • Single 32 votes
      14%

(233 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Nadeen-SNL-B.jpg
    Nadeen_SNL.jpg
    angry_girlfriend.JPG
    blondetall_pic.jpg
    image.jpg
    aintnobodygottimefodat.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 6 years ago

Take your GF to a pinball show. Let her play several games and find one that she really likes. Also, introduce her to other collectors. Once you find a game that she likes, buy it for her. After that, she will be on board with the hobby and she won't get pissed as often.

#152 6 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

introduce her to other collectors

Collectors of pinball machines?

#153 6 years ago

The pins smashed up with the guitar is hands down the best/worst pic ever posted on Pinside. Epic. That pic will be popping up in threads 20 years from now.

#154 6 years ago

I think you should take her fishing.

#155 6 years ago

Any body want to buy My super nice TFTC with some really nice one of a Kind mods. It also has all LED's ? I'm going to sell off a couple Machines to pay for her school. I love her and want her to be successful. Her parents are loaded and super religious, so because we don't belong to the cult there is no help there. Also they are loaded no type of grants. The student loans only pay for a portion so I'm going to pay the rest. Rather then make things tight on us I would rather sale a couple Machines.
    TFTC, and Stargate...
    The pissed bitching that originated the post was only because she was looking out for us. She is a very wonderful woman. It was just the Other stuff and here wanting to go to school that has been frustrating her.
    PM me if your interested?

#156 6 years ago

I'm sure glad you listened to all our advice!

#157 6 years ago

I go through the same "how much money are you spending!?!" routine every fall when a new PS3/XBox360 game comes out every other day for 3 months.

Glad things are working out.

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from Iamdarras:

I'm going to sell off a couple Machines to pay for her school.

Just make sure she knows that you are doing it despite much of the advice you have received from people on the internet. That should at least make her more appreciative.

#159 6 years ago

#160 6 years ago

As long as your happy, that is all that matters!

#161 6 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I go through the same "how much money are you spending!?!" routine every fall when a new PS3/XBox360 game comes out every other day for 3 months.
    Glad things are working out.

more then I prob should but nothing astronomic --- prob about 300 a month

#162 6 years ago

Just tell her "You ain't got time for that "

#163 6 years ago
    Quoted from Iamdarras:

She calls me pissed becouse I just got more packages in for my pinball stuff. I pay the bills, I make the money, and I buy my pinball goodies. What gives she? I think she is just jelley of my love for pinball. I love her but man she needs a hobbie....(pot smoking is not a hobbie)

This is a common theme. Normal pinball collection bs. Try and explain to her that it's better than you sitting drinking in a bar or buying a big boat.

Investment argument seems to fly over there head. I have to buy a gift for my wife with every purchase. Part of the cost.

Just buy the pins and in a week or two it will blow over. Good luck.

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

QUOTE: How can you pass up a Congo for 1500?!?
    If you were my husband, I would have beaten you for NOT getting the Congo.

Blondtall...there needs to be more ladies like you...

#165 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinJer:

^^^ That is not cool... Makes me want to insure my pins? I'll be researching insurance rates if you guys need me.

That is actually a good idea!

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinJer:

^^^ That is not cool... Makes me want to insure my pins? I'll be researching insurance rates if you guys need me.

Should be done regardless of whether you have a spiteful woman in your life. The cost is nominal compared to loss of a collection due to fire or flooding.

#167 6 years ago

Have a bro in your shoes, not paying for school, but a wife that is not into what he is. I ended up buying all of his machines for pennies on the dollar, now he comes over to play them(when he is released). It has changed him in so many ways, gained wieght,stuck in has garage working on shit his wife wants him to. Dude she will not change, no matter what kind of money you throw at her, for whatever reason. Kindly turn down her offer to control you.

#168 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bub:

Have a bro in your shoes, not paying for school, but a wife that is not into what he is. I ended up buying all of his machines for pennies on the dollar, now he comes over to play them(when he is released). It has changed him in so many ways, gained wieght,stuck in has garage working on shit his wife wants him to. Dude she will not change, no matter what kind of money you throw at her, for whatever reason. Kindly turn down her offer to control you.

Saw this same happen with my sister-in-laws brother. He got married and his wife made him get rid of his motorcycles, snowmobile, jetski, Jeep and Acura NSX for next to nothing. All because she wanted him to concentrate on her daughter and the baby she wanted to have. He looks like a beaten man every time I see him. You can just tell his spirit has been broken.

#169 6 years ago

I would never try and make somebody feel bad for spending their hard earned disposable income on something they enjoy and then turn around and expect them to put me through school. Tons of people work multiple jobs just so they can afford college. If you want to better yourself get off your butt and make it happen don't expect somebody else to do it for you. As for relationships, I think you have to first make yourself happy and successful on your own. Then you have happiness and success to share with somebody. If the other person is miserable and needs you to make them happy or successful then they are not adding anything to the relationship and it will eventually fall apart and make you miserable too. You know what they say misery loves company.

#170 6 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

This thread reminds me of the poor SOB that had his girlfriend go crazy and took his collection of guitars and pins and made a bit of a mess.

I hope he repaid it/her.

#171 6 years ago
    Quoted from Iamdarras:

Any body want to buy My super nice TFTC with some really nice one of a Kind mods. It also has all LED's ? I'm going to sell off a couple Machines to pay for her school. I love her and want her to be successful. Her parents are loaded and super religious, so because we don't belong to the cult there is no help there. Also they are loaded no type of grants. The student loans only pay for a portion so I'm going to pay the rest. Rather then make things tight on us I would rather sale a couple Machines.
    TFTC, and Stargate...
    The pissed bitching that originated the post was only because she was looking out for us. She is a very wonderful woman. It was just the Other stuff and here wanting to go to school that has been frustrating her.
    PM me if your interested?

Just curious what your ages are. If I'm out of line for asking I'll apologize in advance. I will say it's very commendable of you to pony up and do your best to help with tuition. I hope the sacrifice will be appreciated. Time will sort this out one way or another, hopefully for the best. I've been married for 22 years and going strong. I poke fun, kid, and am sarcastic about my wife all the time but it's all in jest. Wifey is not into pinball but that's OK. We have common ground elsewhere. She knows that if a machine gets sold there's always a cut in it for her. Works for us.
    There's always some give and take both ways. So, kudos for trying, the "my way or the highway" path usually ends up being a very lonely road.

#172 6 years ago

Does her parents being loaded mean anything (regarding grants/ educational loans) once she is no longer a minor? If they claim her as a tax deduction then I guess maybe so?

#173 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Just curious what your ages are. If I'm out of line for asking I'll apologize in advance. I will say it's very commendable of you to pony up and do your best to help with tuition. I hope the sacrifice will be appreciated. Time will sort this out one way or another, hopefully for the best. I've been married for 22 years and going strong. I poke fun, kid, and am sarcastic about my wife all the time but it's all in jest. Wifey is not into pinball but that's OK. We have common ground elsewhere. She knows that if a machine gets sold there's always a cut in it for her. Works for us.
    There's always some give and take both ways. So, kudos for trying, the "my way or the highway" path usually ends up being a very lonely road.

Well said, if there is an ultimatum, expect many more in the future.

#174 6 years ago

I do not like The End of this story one bit. IAMDARRIS - it sounds like you are letting her take away everything. OPEN YOUR EYES.

The packages arriving are bothering her because of the $$.

The wealthy parents cut her off** and it sounds like she is "leaning" on you for $$. (The most diplomatic way to say it). **This is a CRITICAL piece of the picture which came buried in IAMDARRIS's later posting.

Now you are selling your pins to finance her school? You want her to be successful in life? If so shouldn't she learn how to acquire the means to finance this for herself?

I would be very careful here.

#175 6 years ago

I can't think of a more tactful way to say it... Man up.

It's probably not healthy to have the happiness of your relationship be based on money.

#176 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

she 24 Me 35 she is by far not your typical 24

#177 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I can't think of a more tactful way to say it... Man up.
    It's probably not healthy to have the happiness of your relationship be based on money.

He did man up, he accpeted resposibility for someone he cares about. The tuition will be a wonderful test. If she appreciates it and does well in school it will be worth it. If she stays home getting stoned and doesn't do the work to succeed, then one semesters tuition is a cheap way to find out she doesn't have what it takes to justify any further investment, either emotionally or financially.

#178 6 years ago

I think that I have given everyone a misconception of the woman I am dating. she will be my wife and mother of my kids one day. I think we all know there are diff levels of bitching and what not.
    The relation ship is def not based on money--- I fig I sell a couple machines now TFTC - Stargate
    then if my business does as well as it did last year I'll buy another A Lister. She will be working and doing something she enjoys... I def will keep this updated!!

#179 6 years ago
    Quoted from PennSkier:

I do not like The End of this story one bit. IAMDARRIS - it sounds like you are letting her take away everything. OPEN YOUR EYES.
    The packages arriving are bothering her because of the $$.
    The wealthy parents cut her off** and it sounds like she is "leaning" on you for $$. (The most diplomatic way to say it). **This is a CRITICAL piece of the picture which came buried in IAMDARRIS's later posting.
    Now you are selling your pins to finance her school? You want her to be successful in life? If so shouldn't she learn how to acquire the means to finance this for herself?
    I would be very careful here.

Her parents and Fam are Joe!!! if you don't know anything about Jehovah Witness, take a minute and look it up. She is not taking away anything. She did not ask for me to pay for the School. Its something I know that I can do. Its not like I'm going to part with my TAF, TZ , STAR WARS, DATA , my WH20 or my EPS1.. I know one day when she is making some flow she will buy me that WOZ, or that Hobbit. She really is a very sweet girl. I think I should have clarifies a bit more in the original post, but heck if I did we all would not be enjoying this great thread.

#180 6 years ago

Fair enough.

#181 6 years ago

Me, I prefer this kind of rollercoaster ride!

#182 6 years ago

this thread is funny man. start off raging about her, now you want her to have your babies. chicks man...chicks. I haven't had a real girlfriend in my entire 30's, i'm 35. I can't tell you how nice my life has been, sure I don't get 'bed time' like you should...but I don't deal with stress, loss of money, loss of mentality, and everything else involved with chicks....man. it's like I tell people, if you didn't need to get laid, you would never get married. I've never met a girl that is someone that I can even 'put up with', and you shouldn't have to 'put up with' anything to make it work. so basically i'm f'd for life. good luck with your future wife. marriages end in 50% divorce these days, and I see it happen to half my friends within 1-5 years of marriage.

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

this thread is funny man. start off raging about her, now you want her to have your babies. chicks man...chicks. I haven't had a real girlfriend in my entire 30's, i'm 35. I can't tell you how nice my life has been, sure I don't get 'bed time' like you should...but I don't deal with stress, loss of money, loss of mentality, and everything else involved with chicks....man. it's like I tell people, if you didn't need to get laid, you would never get married. I've never met a girl that is someone that I can even 'put up with', and you shouldn't have to 'put up with' anything to make it work. so basically i'm f'd for life. good luck with your future wife. marriages end in 50% divorce these days, and I see it happen to half my friends within 1-5 years of marriage.

Raging ??? About her. Lol I was frustrated but raging.. Lol. I'm sorry if I misled you. I was venting my frustration and was sure others on the site have faces the same issues. I do apriciate your wishing me good luck.. Thanks you and I hope you one day you come across that person that changes your outlook.

#184 6 years ago

She is giving you a precursor of what is to be.

Lay down the ground rules.

If she straightens up, keep her; if not...sorry to say it might time for a new (pin-friendly) girlfriend.

Pinball is one of the best family-friendly hobbies there is...would she rather you take up chasing women at bars, gambling, etc?

#185 6 years ago

I have the best wife ever she just counts the pins and saids you still have room for one more

#186 6 years ago

I've tried changing, I've tried paying & I've tried following, if she can't accept you the way you are you are doomed. The only advice I have is don't have kids they will be the ones that suffer!

#187 6 years ago

Selling your pins to pay her tuition !?
    Try to keep one Pin. Otherwise there will always be something more vital than buying one back.

We keep separate accounts with my wife - and we are married for 21 years -. We both work. Once bills are paid, what is left in each account (sometimes zero) can be spent freely.

#188 6 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Selling your pins to pay her tuition !?
    Try to keep one Pin. Otherwise there will always be something more vital than buying one back.
    We keep separate accounts with my wife - and we are married for 21 years -. We both work. Once bills are paid, what is left in each account (sometimes zero) can be spent freely.

I'm just selling two of them, I have seven.... we keep separate accounts as well. I know that by doing this it will come back 10X

#189 6 years ago

Man have a friend had kids with his psychopathic girlfriend who he is breaking up with now. Can not believe he stayed with her this long. He met her at a low point in his life and as he moved up she would sabotage every thing to make sure he was as miserable as she is (you have never met one that likes misery as much as this one). Don't know what the American courts are like but here it is almost impossible for the man to get custody of the kids. This white trash bitch doesn't work (will not work), can't drive, has never cooked a meal or cleaned house or washing, she has been haled off by the cops a few times, been put in the psychiatric ward at the hospital. My mate has 2 university degrees, has a steady well paid job, cooks every meal, runs an entire house of 3 kids (one that's hers from another relationship) by all accounts a stand up guy, dedicated father and productive member of society. And he has no chance of getting custody of his kids. The poor little bastards have no chance being raised by her, he basically has to kiss his kids future goodby. Man its breaking him in 2 and he will never be the same.

#190 6 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

Should be done regardless of whether you have a spiteful woman in your life. The cost is nominal compared to loss of a collection due to fire or flooding.

When I have kids later on down the road, I will make sure every pin is insured before they even step foot out of that womb.... "Ain't nobody got time for 'dat!"

#191 6 years ago

Hey now dudes, this thread can be summed up in one short tight video: Farytale from a Happy Man

Thank you Blackrose for the video, OP you can close the thread now

#192 6 years ago

That shit rules

#193 6 years ago
    Quoted from paulohotline:

Hey now dudes, this thread can be summed up in one short tight video: Farytale from a Happy Man
    » YouTube video
    Thank you Blackrose for the video, OP you can close the thread now

How true

#194 6 years ago

what men want and what they say they want are two different things.

Men want the following in a woman:
    They seek: Jenna Jameson in the bedroom
    June Cleaver in the kitchen
    Suzy Ormond running the household finances
    Marie Osmond raising the kids

Newsflash. It ain't gonna happen.

#195 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hoopjohn:

Men want the following in a woman:
    They seek: Jenna Jameson in the bedroom
    June Cleaver in the kitchen
    Suzy Ormond running the household finances
    Marie Osmond raising the kids

Newsflash. It ain't gonna happen.

I handle the finances, so 3/4 ain't bad. My wife is the bomb-diggity.

#196 6 years ago

no kids yet so I would say.. 1 and 2, oh but we do have our puppsters.. so I guess 1,2 and 4

#197 6 years ago

LOL i can relate to this thread so much. my girlfriend hates my hobby, also doesnt work (i pay for everything). Still havent told her im looking at buying a AFM soon

#198 6 years ago

My ex-girlfriend hated my hobby. She always said i paid more attention to my machines then i did to her. I still believe that was one of the reasons the relationship ended.

So my next girlfriend has got to like pinball! lol

#199 6 years ago

So any advice for and old married dude (20th anniversary this year). She's a great wife overall but definitely on the "very tight with money" end of the scale. It's how she was raised. Cripes her dad re-heats a friggin cup of coffee the next day because he can't throw it away!

So far she has tolerated the three pins. She doesn't and never will play pinball.....just not her thing. She's not a "gamer".

I keep telling "look....you rarely even go in the basement. You never have to move one and if we ever needed the money (we are more than fine) I could sell them quick".

My thought is (thanks tamoore for the idea) take her on a vacation. She LOVES to travel. So maybe if I can show her that I can run my hobby my way and we can still take vacations she might simmer down. ??? (not that she's freaking out or anything....I just want to have complete freedom in my hobby without judgement).

I keep warning her (in a nice playful way) that some day there will probably be 6-8 pins down there. She just gives the look like "I don't think I'll be okay with that".

#200 6 years ago

Astropin,
    Congrats on 20 yrs. Hope there was some good times in that time.
    Just include her when you get a new pin by finding out something she wants and get that for her.
    The little vacation trips sounds pretty good.

When she gets worked up, just show her a utube video clip of Nadeen from SNL so she will simmer down.

Nadeen_SNL.jpg Nadeen-SNL-B.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.75
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 499.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 209.99
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 18,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    www.retroarcade.se
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 5,800.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 26.50
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 32.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside