Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 217 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Baiter
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What's your relationship status?”

• Relationship. >5 year 31 votes
      13%
    • Married 154 votes
      66%
    • Relationship + 5 years 16 votes
      7%
    • Single 32 votes
      14%

(233 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Nadeen-SNL-B.jpg
    Nadeen_SNL.jpg
    angry_girlfriend.JPG
    blondetall_pic.jpg
    image.jpg
    aintnobodygottimefodat.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Pics or it didn't happen. I'll stick with alien in the meantime.

I don't have any current pics on this computer, but did go back and find this bad cell phone photo of a photo on my work desk from other "prove you are a girl" and "post pics of your girlfriend/wife" threads. Me in the middle, husband (Wahchintonka,) and sister (not on forum but occasionally likes pinball.) This is 9 years ago, but we all look about the same. Except now my hair is shorter, I've gained a little weight and therefore even more chest (husband is a great cook,) and my sister is currently 8 months pregnant. Oh, and OldPinGuy has seen me in person if you need more anti-alien confirmation.

blondetall_pic.jpgblondetall_pic.jpg

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I don't have any current pics on this computer, but did go back and find this bad cell phone photo of a photo on my work desk from other "prove you are a girl" and "post pics of your girlfriend/wife" threads. Me in the middle, husband (Wahchintonka,) and sister (not on forum but occasionally likes pinball.) This is 9 years ago, but we all look about the same. Except now my hair is shorter, I've gained a little weight and therefore even more chest (husband is a great cook,) and my sister is currently 8 months pregnant. Oh, and OldPinGuy has seen me in person if you need more anti-alien confirmation.

LOL, It's all good. Send more aliens, 7of 9.

#103 11 years ago

As Judge Judy once asked: "What is an adult novelty"? You can hear the soundbyte on ebaum's world.

#104 11 years ago

trust me on this, women are all the same. it does not matter. It does not matter what hobby you have, she will complain. it is just really fill in the blank with them.

So if you have one that you like the way they look, and you are used to the way she bitches at you, might as well keep her. Unless she is just way too expensive to keep. Then dump her and get one that costs less.
    A lot of good looking models out there that are cheap to keep.

#105 11 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

I'm afraid to ask what a fleshlight is...

Feigned ignorance is not your strong point.

#106 11 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

trust me on this, women are all the same. it does not matter. It does not matter what hobby you have, she will complain. it is just really fill in the blank with them.
    So if you have one that you like the way they look, and you are used to the way she bitches at you, might as well keep her. Unless she is just way too expensive to keep. Then dump her and get one that costs less.
    A lot of good looking models out there that are cheap to keep.

Amen to that! You don't have to feed them much. I had one that made that $22k MM look like a bargain... Traded her in for an upgrade one with more "mods" if you will, and a RFM.

#107 11 years ago
    Quoted from Iamdarras:

She calls me pissed becouse I just got more packages in for my pinball stuff. I pay the bills, I make the money, and I buy my pinball goodies

You have to mold them from the start. Nobody tells me what to do in my life. I do what I want. If you dont like that then hit the bricks. Plenty of fish in the sea. My current GF gets that.

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

Um, no. A thousand times no. One of my hobbies is gaming. Wife couldn't care less about it. I'm also a sci-fi nerd. Wife could care less about that either. However, in April, even though my current Xbox 360 was working perfectly fine, she got me the Limited Edition Star Wars Xbox. Simply because she knew I would enjoy it.

My wife decided that while we were in Vegas with my in-laws that we needed to eat at the restaurant that was a part of Star Trek: The Experience (now gone) even though I was the only Star Trek fan amongst the four of us. Again, she did this simply because she knew I would enjoy it.

With the attitude that you have towards women I doubt that any of the ones that are worth keeping even give you the time of day.

#109 11 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

Not so, my friend. You need to find a woman who's her own person, with her own interests and income. Don't get me wrong, lots of them out there like you describe. But you have to weed them out.

#110 11 years ago

I saw the thread topic and thought it was about some epic heavy drinking.

I can't believe I read all the way to page 3 without finding anything. 'Getting pissed' here means something entirely different.

#111 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wahchintonka:

Again, she did this simply because she knew I would enjoy it.

(Don't forget that I also rode the new Star Wars ride at Hollywood Studios like 24 times with you, despite motion sickness. R2 is so freaking cute though. Beep boop.) ((Why am I talking to you on a forum when I could be playing pinball?? Going to destroy some martians.))

#112 11 years ago

Get a room you two

#113 11 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

I can't believe I read all the way to page 3 without finding anything. 'Getting pissed' here means something entirely different.

Here that's called a golden shower. Which, considering the quality of advice being offered up in this thread, I'm sure someone is bound to chime in and offer up that all women love it.

#114 11 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

Here that's called a golden shower. Which, considering the quality of advice being offered up in this thread, I'm sure someone is bound to chime in and offer up that all women love it.

No, no..

In the UK, if someone is 'getting pissed' it means they are getting drunk, with alcohol.

#115 11 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

LOL

Quoted from sammiesguys:

WTF?

#116 11 years ago

I meant to only quote selected text and put it differently. But then after I typed it I figured, what the hell, just leave it. This thread went off the deep end long ago.

#117 11 years ago

Almost married a lady that had a problem with my hobbies. Finally figured
    out she was jealous of ANYTHING that took attention away from here. Dodged
    that bullet! Run dude, run....
    Steve

#118 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

She doesn't want to feel like she's number 2 behind your hobby. Even if she is, just fake it a little.
    Either that or she's needy. No way to really know without actually knowing her.
    Having a girl jealous is not a bad thing. Here's how you play it: First you describe a sex fantasy to her that you want to try. Naturally she says "Ew gross!!" Then you go back to working on pins for a few days. She says "Pay attention to me!" This next part is key. You then get quiet and a little teary-eyed, and look off into the distance, and you say, "I know this is hard for you... it's just that when I was a boy my father and I used to build things in the garage, and this is how I remember him." Then she'll feel guilty. Start the make-out session and then when things are getting hot and heavy you go "hey remember that little idea I had with the rodeo clown and the trampoline...?"

Utter brilliance!

#119 11 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

No, no..
    In the UK, if someone is 'getting pissed' it means they are getting drunk, with alcohol.

I'm still pissin my pants over this thread

#120 11 years ago

Iamdarras,

After all of this input from us pinball addicts (of which some are happily married, perhaps some unhappily married, some happily divorced, some just divorced, possibly some engaged, some happily living a girlfriend/boyfriend, some dating another but living separate, some getting it on w/ multiple partners, and others tending to steer clear of all of this type interaction),
    and upon some time to reflect and consider a few things, just curious how you have decided to proceed w/ your situation.

You could do nothing and carry on as if no big deal.
    If she was just having a bad moment, then perhaps all is well in Iamdarras's world.
    If all is not well w/ your lady, and you blow it off, then whatever is bothering her may just fester inside her for a while til she boils over and pops her top.
    At that point you will be faced w/ a similar situation.

Is it possible that something else is actually bothering her, and you need to really sit down w/ her and ask her what is bothering her. Does she want to get married and start having kids and you are dragging things out too slowly? Are you ignoring her to much and not making her feel special? No need to answer to us. Just wondering if you have thought about other possibilities.

Oh, and just to clarify further, If you ask her if it's ok if you just do pinball stuff all weekend and her answer is "Fine!" in a quick stern reply. Please note that in womanese talk, things are not fine.

More talk may be needed in the "expectations" category.
    Ask her what would make her happy in 2013 concerning your relationship.
    Er, um, maybe not a good idea. She may scare you off with her answer. Good luck.

#121 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

You should buy yourself a AFM and give her ATM !

Hilarious....I'm not sure everyone got it though....

#122 11 years ago

Regardless of all the colorful comments here, you need to sit down and have a conversation with her and find out the root cause of all of this - assuming you want the relationship to have a future.

Discontent in a relationship often leads to the end of the relationship. Sometimes that's good, sometimes that's bad, but you have to determine for yourself

Good luck!

#123 11 years ago

This thread reminds me of the poor SOB that had his girlfriend go crazy and took his collection of guitars and pins and made a bit of a mess.

angry_girlfriend.JPGangry_girlfriend.JPG

#124 11 years ago
    Quoted from krupa:

Not so, my friend. You need to find a woman who's her own person, with her own interests and income. Don't get me wrong, lots of them out there like you describe. But you have to weed them out.

LOL

I have been happily married to my hot trophy wife for 14 years and have been together for like 17 years.
    She makes more money than me too.
    She just loves telling me that I love ( fill in the blank) more than her. If I'm reading a book, I love reading the book more than spending time with her. Its comical.

My buddies tell me they have the same problems with their significant others. Might as well keep what ya got. Odds of finding the exception are slim. LOL

Now of course, there are always exceptions. Thats life. Now go unbunch those undies and go play some pinball!!!

And I can at least get my wife to go to the MGC. I have to bribe her though.

#125 11 years ago

^^^ That is not cool... Makes me want to insure my pins? I'll be researching insurance rates if you guys need me.

#126 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wahchintonka:

My wife decided that while we were in Vegas with my in-laws that we needed to eat at the restaurant that was a part of Star Trek: The Experience (now gone) even though I was the only Star Trek fan amongst the four of us. Again, she did this simply because she knew I would enjoy it.

That is a good woman there. Also, how sad is it that the Vegas trek thing is gone? My husband and I got to see it (we got married in Vegas, yeah, baby, at the infamous Little White Chapel, complete with Elvis). I wish I could take my kids to see it. That and the Jaws ride closing at Universal are two very sad things.

But did you all know about this?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/newstarship/star-trek-enterprise-bridge-restoration

(sorry to drag off topic, I share my husband's love for pinball, but I think couples need to respect that each is an individual and has their own things, and are entitled to have their own things, regardless of who pays the bills)

#127 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rabscuttle:

That is a good woman there. Also, how sad is it that the Vegas trek thing is gone? My husband and I got to see it (we got married in Vegas, yeah, baby, at the infamous Little White Chapel, complete with Elvis). I wish I could take my kids to see it. That and the Jaws ride closing at Universal are two very sad things.
    But did you all know about this?
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/newstarship/star-trek-enterprise-bridge-restoration
    (sorry to drag off topic, I share my husband's love for pinball, but I think couples need to respect that each is an individual and has their own things, and are entitled to have their own things, regardless of who pays the bills)

I did not know about the Kickstarter. I am sure we'll have to look into that. He is more a fan of Star Wars than Trek, but loves them both. I just like R2. And I am pissed off because I just recently learned that Universal took down Jaws, and I literally just watched the movie for the first time right after Christmas.

Isnt that also where Britney Spears got married? I think we saw it on the way to Fremont.

#128 11 years ago

That picture makes me sad, but every time I see it I giggle because it is like Freddy is shocked at the guitar carnage beside him.

#129 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

(Which one is Frax's wife? I know of 3 other females here besides me and I don't think they are her.)

How many read this and then quickly scrolled up to read blondetall's other posts? LOL I did. Wanted to hear the female point of view.

#130 11 years ago

most women think they can change their man, if you truly love her stay with her.....if not get out while you can and find someone who loves you and your pins!

#131 11 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

most women think they can change their man, if you truly love her stay with her.....if not get out while you can and find someone who loves you and your pins!

I have a buddy who had a domineering GF and he thought if he married her she would mellow out.
    He made that mistake and is counting the days till their last kid turns 18.
    She keeps him on a real short leash, he stops by after work to sneak in a game of pinball and as soon as we start a game his cellphone rings.
    I have to shut down the pin so she doesn't hear it in the background.
    "I gotta go".
    He wants a pin but she won't let him buy one.
    He now has two but keeps them at a buddy's house so she won't find out about them.
    What a miserable way to live, having to lie and sneak around to avoid the wrath of some harpy.

#132 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

I have a buddy who had a domineering GF and he thought if he married her she would mellow out.
    She keeps him on a real short leash, he stops by after work to sneak in a game of pinball and as soon as we start a game his cellphone rings.
    "I gotta go".
    He now has two but keeps them at a buddy's house so she won't find out about them.
    What a miserable way to live, having to lie and sneak around to avoid the wrath of some harpy.

That's the definition of "whipped".

#133 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

That's the definition of "whipped".

Yup but on the bright side he always gets in the last word.
    "Yes dear".

#134 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I did not know about the Kickstarter. I am sure we'll have to look into that. He is more a fan of Star Wars than Trek, but loves them both. I just like R2. And I am pissed off because I just recently learned that Universal took down Jaws, and I literally just watched the movie for the first time right after Christmas.
    Isnt that also where Britney Spears got married? I think we saw it on the way to Fremont.

Yes, it is the very place.

Jaws was the reason I went into marine biology in college, and also the reason I went to the college I did, because they had an internship at Woods Hole, the "oceanographic institute on the mainland" where Hooper is supposed to be from. The ride at Universal was cheesy, but dammit, it was JAWS! I'm sad it is gone.

#135 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

"I gotta go".

this is ridiculous, she would be gone in a second..

I would spend any amount of money to get away from her...

divorce is worth every penny...

We are here for a very short time on earth, and being with somebody that make life a daily grind, is just not worth it at all...

If women dont Feedyou, F#$k you, and support you s the person you are, they are worthless life suckers that just bring you down !

There are tons of women out there tht would be happy to be with a good guy, that treats them well, and will support you and your lifestyle 100%.. they are actually around every turn you just have to weed them out...

And marrying something to keep it happy or shut it up NEVER works, it only makes it worse..cause they know they got ya locked in..

Be with a woman cause you wanna be, NOT cause you legaly have to be...

#136 11 years ago

Make sure to pull out.

#137 11 years ago

Is it because the package's are too small?

#138 11 years ago

So what happen to the OP? He hasnt posted since yesterday. Did the old lady get wind of this thread?

#139 11 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Make sure to pull out.

That is the most important thing ever !

#140 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

That is the most important thing ever !

Yeah, thats for sure...

I forgot to mention that....

Take heed !

#141 11 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

This thread reminds me of the poor SOB that had his girlfriend go crazy and took his collection of guitars and pins and made a bit of a mess.

Being a pinhead and guitar player -- this hurts real bad to see. Could you claim temporary insanity over something like this?

#142 11 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

So what happen to the OP? He hasnt posted since yesterday. Did the old lady get wind of this thread?

lol! no just been traveling a little bit. I told her about the thread and she laughed. Though I don't plane on her seeing it.
    All of the advice has been pretty entertaining and though I cant say its all been good, some has been very consoling. You can tell a lot about the person by the relationship advice they give. I def feel like part of the pinside community as I have not been a member very long at all.

#143 11 years ago
    Quoted from gatordad:

Is it because the package's are too small?

Or missing.

Lorena Bobbitt Takes Brutal Revenge
    The Story of a Wife Cutting Off Her Husband's Penis
    While John was asleep, Lorena got out of bed and went into the kitchen for a drink of water. While in the kitchen, she saw an eight-inch carving knife sitting on the counter. Lorena grabbed the knife, then walked back to the bedroom where John was sleeping. She pulled back the covers and then sliced John Bobbitt's penis nearly in half.

Imagine the horror!

Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

That is a better alternative. ^^^^^

#144 11 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Thats just criminal.

#145 11 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Make sure to pull out.

Then what?

#146 11 years ago

^^ pearl necklace?

#147 11 years ago

Great thread guys and ladies...many funny posts and a few sad ones. I'm very lucky in the wife department. After I brought home the 2nd pin she asked "So are we into this now?" to which I answered "Yes, for now." Two days later she said that we should convert our formal living room into a pinball arcade room with the only caveat being that I would have to paint it a fun color and put in some cool lighting. Now we have 8 pins and 3 vids. Life is good!

#148 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinsounds:

Great thread guys and ladies...many funny posts and a few sad ones. I'm very lucky in the wife department. After I brought home the 2nd pin she asked "So are we into this now?" to which I answered "Yes, for now." Two days later she said that we should convert our formal living room into a pinball arcade room with the only caveat being that I would have to paint it a fun color and put in some cool lighting. Now we have 8 pins and 3 vids. Life is good!

...and that fun color was?

#149 11 years ago

oops someone already posted the smashed pins pic haha..

#150 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rabscuttle:

...and that fun color was?

Funny that I was also wondering about the color. We are currently updating our basement/den from 1970s blah to fun pinball/gameroom. It was ugly beige with navy-painted paneling, and we're in the process of making the walls bright white and the brick is getting painted semi-gloss electric lime. It matches our martians in RFM.

OP, I know we've all been having fun here, but it sounds like you are actually able to talk with her. She was probably just overwhelmed with the newness of pinball if you just recently got started, had a ton of things delivered, spent a lot of time and money on it, and less time on/with her. Possibly worried that it was going to start taking over your time and money, or at least your attention. Men tend to go 'all in' on new things sometimes. Just see if you can get her involved even the slightest bit. Ask her for her opinion on some trivial thing just to include her somehow. We just don't want to be forgotten or left behind. If she doesn't care about pinball AT ALL, then spend a little time doing something she wants to do. If you are friends first and foremost, and have mutual respect for each other, you'll be just fine. If she's a golddigger, crazy, insecure, or spiteful on a regular basis, then consider moving on. I think she was probably just blowing off some steam and you two will be ok. Either way, welcome to Pinside.

There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-girl-friend-is-getting-pissed/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.